Does anyone actually use their phone's assistant for anything regularly? If so, for what?qpl

Does anyone actually use their phone's assistant for anything regularly? If so, for what?qpl

They're useless gadgets from multibillion companies afraid of becoming irrelevant. Also botnet.

Weather, sending money and calling.
thanks, OP you just made me realize how much important that Siri is to me.

>Does anyone actually use their phone's assistant for anything regularly? If so, for what?qpl
The concierge button is pretty good at getting, and booking reservations, and it's pretty nice hearing a proper british woman tell you a filthy joke whenever you ask.

>filthy joke
Which assistant? Google refuses to tell me dirty jokes

Setting alarms and reminders mostly

:(

>Does anyone actually use their phone's assistant for anything regularly?
Only if I can't be fucked to press the home button and open my app drawer to open another app.

>Google refuses to tell me dirty jokes
Buy a virtu, and use their concierge service.

at 3 am

"set alarm for 6 am"

I've been using Apple operating systems since version 8. They all had voice recognition, Apple was way ahead of its time.
I dreamt that one day I would be able to play, pause, skip etc. my music by just saying it out loud.

It's still not possible, you have to press buttons for it to become active. No matter if iPhone, macOS or Android.

So no, I don't use that shit at all. It's utterly useless. When I'm already keeping my hand busy and concentrating on making the correct actions with the device, why not use the device directly?
It makes no difference then.

There is alexa, but it's useless trash for anything else and most importantly one of the worst offenders when it comes to privacy and therefore also security.

In my car to play songs on Spotify/call someone/switch from Flitsmeister to google maps

Alarm, quick math and Maps.

> allowing the botnet to listen all the time

'hi Bixby pause'

Frozen Pizza timer
Nap Alarm

< My assistant.

I don't use it. I just can't figure out how to turn it off completely.

Suggestions for how to do it in Android 8.1 would be much appreciated.

sometimes I turn the speaker to the max and ask "who is adolf hitler"

I thought you could specifically control the Airpods with voice.

I don't have gapps. Even if I did, in 99% of cases it's faster to do in some other way.

Yup. I use the "OK google" voice command all the time.

What for?

>phone assistant
Oh yeah sure all the time
>phone's assistant
Oh. No.

To Google little shit. i.e. I'm at Microcenter/best buy and I want google to look up the price of my item in question on Newegg, Amazon, and eBay. It'll give me the prices via Google shopping tab and 99% of the time, the local store will price match.

then there are places. Me and my buddy's are all talking about various bars and places to eat. I've been drinking and I KNOW I'll forget the places they said. So I'll google the location and have it saved under my history. Also really good for tagging locations on Google Maps.

I sometimes try to use it for weather or setting the alarm, but then it doesn't get something the first time because it hangs, so I get frustrated enough to never touch that shit again for a few months. The problem is not even the capabilities or the speed or whatever, but the reliability. I gladly do things by myself if I just know 100% that they are fucking done right afterwards. Using assistants at this point is like telling a four year old kid to do stuff. It gets some stuff done, but only like 90% of the time and you have to check anyway so I better do it myself. The only difference is that the kid eventually learns, the assistant stays just as stupid.

And to be honest, I simply don't want an assistant, no matter how good it is. It's not like my life feels too busy.

meh

i never did but listening to the recordings of random people turned me off for good

Link?

I don't even talk to myself (out loud) anymore unless I am out of range.

You think it can't hear your subvocalizations?

whats up with her face?

Looks like a pretty ordinary slavic girl to me.

I removed my phone's assistant and voice commands a while back. Don't even miss 'em

I've been trying to do that with Oreo 8.1 on my Pixel 2. Can't quite get rid of the long press on home thing that opens the assistant. Can you help?

I think disabling the Google app will get rid of that

IT DID!

Thanks. Also worked on the stupid YouTube app.

I want Samsung now.

idk looks a bit crooked

¯\_(ツ)_/¯