How does this make you feel?

How does this make you feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

lifewire.com/cryptocoin-mining-for-beginners-2483064
coinlib.io/
youtu.be/x3ov9USxVxY?t=112
hothardware.com/news/nvidia-tells-retailers-to-sell-to-gamers-not-cryptominers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't really care my x220 is enough for my day today use. Sage.

this has been posted almost every fucking day for a week. fuck off and post something new you faggot

Like a faggot.

Good because it's put to better use than dumbasses just using it for video games.

Not a big deal to me, I have a pretty good graphics card already

I find it amazing that when AMD was the biggest thing in cryptocurrency it was just a meme that got one thread every other week about if it's worth it to dedicate a RPi for shits and giggles. Now that NVidia cards are the new big thing we get multiple threads every day from faggots like you talking about how great a time they're having mining and how much money they're pulling in. It's almost like someone wants to keep this bubble growing to sell more video cards.

I'm annoyed that normie fucks are affecting the computer parts market for shmolocoins, period. It's more the principle than anything.

Not him but desu I didn't realize those were nvidia cards. Why is nividia now capable of it, when in bitcoin days it was AMD-exclusive?

I'm OP and you've missed my point. See:

Different algorithms, nvidia lends itself better to some, amd better for others like eth for example.

confused

i use linux

Do these guys avoid paying for electricity somehow?

That's weird. I wish I wasn't hella underage with no income when I first saw talk of bitcoin on Sup Forums. I think the only thing to do now is not think about the meta right now, since it's way too late.

you mean the fucking thing it was made for?

Should at least be using your GPUs to mine alt-coins instead of just letting it idle there lifewire.com/cryptocoin-mining-for-beginners-2483064

Quick, install some dependencies and use the free mspaint analog to draw me a dick!

Oh yeah, I'm mining an alt-coin right now using my everyday computer, I make a few hundred a month and if it does go up then it was a good bet to take (risk-free too)

poor

>2018
>Mining with GPUs
>Legacy bitcoin of all the cpyrtos
Like people are retarded

That's why you mine alt-coins, plenty out there coinlib.io/

>(risk-free too)

You're not putting any principle into there, you're literally spawning money out of thin air by simply letting your computer do the equivalent work of folding proteins, also if you picked the right alt-coin to mine and it moons then you've made some serious money, do the math

I just don't know why someone with all that money wouldn't want to invest it in anything besides mining crypto.

good because one of two things will happen
1. coiners meme coins into a real currency
2. coiners loose large ammounts of money and kill themselves at mass
if 1 happens I'm closer to being in cyberpunk land and if 2 happens I get to be smug about no falling for a meme and a lot of people who fall for memes would be dead

A bit jelly. Image having all these graphics cards. I could keep one and sell the others for a fortune to a retard butt miner.

Did wojak and pepe evolve again?

Doesn't bother me, I'm not from Sup Forumseddit and my integrated gpu is powerful enough for the gpgpu stuff I do.

like they're behind the times

There's some HAD wojak going around lately. I don't like it.

Isn't this not helpful for getting Bitcoin at all?

I remember reading about Bitcoin REALLY early on, and I vaguely remember the proof of work thing being more akin to trying to find coins in the desert, than purposefully mining them out of rock - the analogy being a reference to the fact that it had nothing to do with the amount of power you used, but rather luck.

>HAD
HD

makes me laugh
glad I bought my 1070 for

>fb user
>faggot

more or less accurate on a very broad term, but more power means more chances to get lucky

Really only annoyed that they've driven the prices of GPU's up really high. I can't really blame them if they want to make that risky investment, Mining alt-coins is the way to go tho, especially if you can mine in a large pool with other people. Wait for some of them to go on suiciude watch when the payout doesn't come to them lul.
I got a 1060 a few months back for only $200 off someone, and another 1060 off a client that hasn't given me any of their parts yet. Fine with me mining Monero.

This is true if you're flying solo. Most people will join a mining pool, and if the pool successfully mines a block, the funds are shared between the miners based on how much computing power they contribute to the pool.

how much longer, bros

>retards paying brick-and-mortar markup to mine bitcoin with a GPU
It makes me happy to know that they'll probably kill themselves when they notice their power bill exceeds their output far too late.

It's an awkward situation for manufacturers because their core audience isn't getting their product, thanks to bulk buying miners, but this mining thing has all the makings of a bubble so committing themselves to more manufacturing or fab time is a very dangerous gamble that can lead to massive losses.

At least by maintaining the status quo they are selling almost 100% of their product.

Sexually?

just because they are known as "#bitcoincouple" doesn't mean they're actually gonna be mining BTC.

Why don't they just jack up the prices sky-high then to prevent sell-outs from happening?

In fact, why should they even sell graphics cards in the first place? Why not just use it for themselves to mine coins and make some money?

>The things people would do for cryptoshit

Wasn't GPU was around 200$ back 5 or 7 years ago?

It makes me fucking moist.

I would literally sell my testicles for half of those.

I can't wait till it crashes and then they get divorced.

nVidia sucks for mining, they could get more RX 570s

I hope they have free electricity, or they will lose more than gain with bitcoin.
Their best case would be to mine Vertcoin and hope it will grow in the future

Pretend money is pretend money

Feels like peak American retardation

Hi Sup Forums

>more shekels for the coal jew

Does anyone else get a vibe that maybe the most powerful cartel in the world, energy, might be behind this cryptocuck business? Just at a time when the world was cutting back energy consumption, nice timing.

Makes me feel great.. I've been selling GPUs to crackhead miners at 40% markup due to it. Resourceful gaymers can find them for MSRP

>Don't be a pajeet

Why the racism?

I'm mostly annoyed because my 980 Ti is shitting the bed and there's nothing in stock anywhere for a reasonable price for me to get.

Luckily it was in warranty. Hoping that Gigabyte is out of 980 Ti stock and sends me a 1070 or 1080.

>gold rush
>shovel salesmen

Don't give a fuck because I only play tibia and csgo

This is the thing I'm most disgusted about... I don't give a shit about how people make money and how smart and cool they seem to be but fuck this energy consumption to death!
Earth goes down the shitter right now, humans know that but they do the opposite of helping fix this shit.
I'm just disgusted

Imagine being this fat.

Yeah, i bitched in a number of threads for a week and then I said 'fuck it' and became resourceful. Flipped some MSRP bought cards and already paid for my MSRP 1080...
I thought about it as :
> I'd never pay some fuck $900-$1,000 for a 1080 but there is some fuck w/ money who would.. that fuck is more than likely a miner looking at profits to offset it
> If someone is like me or a poorfag they'll be resourceful and find an MSRP card
So i had no problem w/ it and dug in... Bought some 1070s/1080s.. flipped em within a day or two and paid for a 1080 that arrives next week. Problem solved, coinfags are a cancer and nature will deal w/ them. My bitching won't. Radeon/Nvidia are profit first niggers. So, they wont do much either. Fuck or be fucked. I have no problem fucking lazy miners w/ fuck you cash... my way of getting back at and normalizing conditions against these faggots.

>stop enjoying a pass-time that generates $110 billion in revenue every year because some neckbeards on the internet decided they don't like having fun with computers.

coiners are the gold miners of the 21st century

You always gotta love the lack of fire protection found in these tossed up data centers. Absolute no efficiency w.r.t to cooling either. Literal wood panel walls.. Chink shit risers that could ignite at any moment. Enough money to afford all of this equipment but too nigger to invest in electronic safe fire protection...

*Puts up a big ass fan on a wall and runs shit open air .. Guaranteed those middle racks are hot af vs the end of aisle racks..
> mfw roasty ass GPUs that will likely die within months after being sold on ebay down the road.

Except what they're mining doesn't exist. It's a delusional ponzi.

it makes me feel superior.

thats like $30k or so?

you can buy 2.5 bitcoins for that. wait a few hours then sell and make $3k.

miners are dumb

>couples who make money together stay together to make more money
wew

Is there a performance gain over traditional gaming cards rather than something like the NVIDIA Quadro?

>I don't give a shit about how people make money and how smart and cool they seem to be
>energy consumption

Well then that's their business, they pay the higher price per kWh, there is no geological impact except power usage. And mining hasn't even caused electrical pricing to increase almost anywhere.
I could care less considering future power will be replaced in our lives, either by nuclear or finally a cheaper alternative energy source.

And the ones selling the tools are the ones making reliable money.

I suppose they know this, and that's why there's always a shortage. Gotta balance the increased sales with making sure they don't over-commit to a generation that comes after the bubble pops.

The main difference between "consumer" and professional GPUs like GeForce/Quadro and Radeon/FirePro are drivers and support
Nvidia and AMD make sure the professional drivers are compatible and efficient with software like AutoCAD and they get additional testing.
In some cases the only difference was a single fuse on the circuit board to encode "Quadro"

>the thought process of the median to sub iq range

Sorry for you since coins are dropping hard so the price of these gpus will

bitcoin does not use regular GPUs anymore. Proof of work no longer works like that because of mining pools, however proof of stake is still very similar.

They are wasting away computation time for shit nobody needs. And that is a fucking shame.

Meanwhile, nvidia is forcing clusters to buy their overpriced quadro cards, basically fucking them over for no good reason. It's just a fucking shame.

Already happening right now

>believing in (((climate change)))
Top kek

Imagine if this much computation was put into research. Incredibly wasteful, literally the worst of humanity.

Amazing. I sold my 290x last week for $320. Thank you based bitnig miners.

haha nice response friend :^)

Why are you using cuckbook?

I think GPU manufactures should step in and put a stop to the GPU mining nonsense. Yeah the miners are making them trucks of money buying up all the GPUs, but what's gonna happen once people stop buying RAM and motherboards and all the other parts of a computer and stop building PCs all together once the prices are so ridiculously inflated due to mining that you can't get even get a low-end card for anywhere under $500 anymore.

Cryptocoins are going to slowly kill the entire PC gaming market, and the companies are too shortsighted to see it.

It's a shame SETI didn't get that much computation power

Annoyed with the material waste these miners are going to start vomiting out over the next few years.

>kill the entire PC gaming market
good

>how does this make you feel?
youtu.be/x3ov9USxVxY?t=112

hothardware.com/news/nvidia-tells-retailers-to-sell-to-gamers-not-cryptominers
kek

>sir we can't keep our product in stock, it's flying off the shelf
>this is preposterous, whatever reason they're buying them for that we didn't initial create them for, stop it immediately
Yea, I don't think so bud.

R8 cable management

laughing at them as the fake money loses all of its "value"

Don't forget these fucking assholes will later resell those GPU's back to you after they've been anally raped for several years.

((( NEVER USED FOR MINING WE PROMISE )))

Yeah, amazing. It's almost like Radeon cards are inferior to nVidia cards in heat, power usage, performance/$ and driver support.

So wasting power is now money, ok got it.

>mining on a 1080ti
Can someone explain to them that just because a card is good for gaming doesn't mean it's efficient for mining?

Or just let them burn off half of their potential profit in energy costs.

I like to laugh at nocoiners and their useless paper money too

meh.
I just priced out my current machine - to rebuilt it to what it is right now (box only) would be ~US$3600
I paid nowhere near that.

200% mad

>internet goes out
no more bitcoin

>currency trends towards inflation as the economy grows

Woooooooooow