/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES
>Mobile World Congress 2018 starts February 26th

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Phaiser-Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Comfortable/dp/B075CTSYHH
forum.xda-developers.com/chef-central/android/oppo-a57-root-t3637799
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want Kirino's number

Opinions on Moto X Pure?

Need a cheap phone, want to try Xperia. Always loved the look, is L1 a good budget phone?

Can Sup Forums suggest me a keyboard

Wrong thread

>decent battery life (or replacable battery)
>headphone jack
>good headphone audio quality
>screen decent enough for watching movies
>doesn't microstutter all the time

so does a phone like this exist at a price normal humans can afford? something like the htc 10 but without battery issues? chinkshit is okay too

Any lit Cherry MX blacked board

What's the point of the XZs? I can get for cheaper than the XZ on amazon

I ordered a Honor View 10 for 499 eurobux. Did I dun goof'd?

Is custom themes a good motive for rooting my Chinese phone (Axon 7)?
I could really care less about being tracked and shit, I'm uninteresting.

>I could really care less about being tracked and shit, I'm uninteresting.
Oh boy

I can justify my tendencies to browse Sup Forums and goat hentai.

I just want to know if it's worth rooting my phone just for cool themez.

Well rooting won't stop you from the Chinese botnet, never assume with the recent news. I bet they have a hardware backdoor. But yeah, if you want to root you can do small things like block ads on every site and app you use which is something I cannot go back to stock for. And sure if you want to look pretty, go for it. If it's too hard for you, then don't waste your time.

Well, that was a year worth of wasted waiting. I need to find a new

>ctrl + f
>nokia

..later

Anyone having problems after updating to MIUI 9? My Redmi 4 is disconnecting and connecting all the time while charging what the hell guys

Thanks user.

XZ1 Compact

thank you

Liking those trips.
How's typing on a screen that small.
I have a 5.2", and feel it that it might too compact for my meat fingers

so based on only performance and audio quality, aicp, lineage, or resurrection remix?

unrelated question does crossbreader work well?

>Opinions on Moto X Pure?

Lots of cons;
- 2 year old device. Stuck in Nougat forever.
- Performance degradation issues and weird display glitches present since Marshmallow. It becomes very laggy some weeks after the Nougat upgrade, even after a factory reset. This last upgrade took ages to become available, yet Lenovo trashed it.
- Quad HD screen is a battery hogger
- Mediocre battery life
- Main camera is equiped with a 21 MP Sony sensor, yet sucks at low light conditions
- Non removable battery

Pros?
- Chip slot accepts 2 SIM and one SD card simultaneously.
- Headphone jack
- Double front stereo speakers

These last 3 points are the only good points remaining. Everything else is meh.

Can confirm, I am typing this reply from one.

I you are going to buy a new device, I suggest to avoid it and wait until more Oreo powered devices become available this year, since Project Treble promises OS and security updates will be available faster and easier.

Daily reminder to not buy Huawei phones outside of Europe otherwise you'll never get updates ever again. Just don't buy their shit.

Where do I get APKs for my phone without getting phone AIDS and getting my shit destroyed?

Need help some help on a new android phone Sup Forums
Using T-Mobile
Need something with at least 6GB of Ram
Budget doesn't matter, SD card slot would be great but not necessary
Using the LG Stylo right now so something around that size would be nice
Please help

Do any chinkphones work on Verizon? Their site pretty much says fuck all

Do we know roughly what percentage of V30s have the shitty screens? my 950 is about on its last leg and I'm really liking the LG, I just dont want to spend months sending units back to get one with a reasonable screen.

I'd get a oneplus 5T but apparently people who bought one are getting their credit card info stolen. Whats up with that?

Are there any case manufacturers that make cases with built in camera covers?

something like eyepatch, but for android?

Anyone knows of a phone that is:
Easily rootable
No camera/camera easily removed
1080*1920
USB-C

Does not need to be powerful

I'm looking at the blackview models anyone have any experience with those?

Read the OP
>Frequency checker

I just bought an used S7 Edge 128gb cheap ($300), a month later a fucking line appeared on the display and so far everyone on the internet just says:
>just take it to Samsung lol

FUCK OLED, i was fine with my iphone 5s!

>wanting to discuss JUST the company

Rogers offered me a free Iphone X one a premium tab (usually $800 on those plans) because they've sent me phones with defects 3 times in a row now (Pixel 2 xl, Pixel 2 xl, Note8)

Should I take it? I'm actually kinda loving the pixel 2 xl now, the 2nd one seems to have sorted out most of it's issues aside from mild-mid static on some songs/specific frequencies.

What do senpai desu?

>i was fine with my iphone 5s!
blame the OLED
do not blame the scammers
do not blame self for buying shit you don't need

youre a retard. please leave Sup Forums

Does anyone else's auto-brightness changes the colour of apps? My Clover and other apps sometime glows and it's really weird, the dark theme lights up and becomes grey-ish.

Oreo, XZ Premium

That would be the HTC 10.

I am getting the Moto X4 on android one. Does anyone here also use it? Any opinions on it?

Anyone have the Xiomi mi mix 2? It's looks really nice, I want to pick one up, they're pretty cheap on Aliexpress, too.

what is a good phone distro for privacy that can use 2fa, robinhood app, and something at least similar to AndChat.

also, whats a good phone for this that is less than $100?

Fdroid
Apkmirror, apkpure (still google botnet but otherwise fine)

If you are fine with a smaller phone and ios, yeah.

i want to fug kirino

Yes. It is a phone that's good.

Anyone here uses a Xiaomi Note 4x (snapdragon)?
I'm only getting around 8hours SoT.
Already tested with factory reset.

Is that normal or am I missing something

My OPO died and I need a new phone, any recommendations? Need something somewhat similar in size

What Android phones have good audio circuitry (amp and DAC)? Preferably something that isn't a $600+ flagship.

Depends entirely on your individual usage pattern. I get 10h with LOS14.1 but I don't use cancerbook and other shit like that which obliterates battery.

I've used OLED phones for years and I've still not seen burn in or screen damage.

>Samsung s3
>Zuk Z2 Pro
>Meizu M6 Note

What do you do to your phone?

I've got the Meizu M6 note and I get about 12 hours average.
8 hours is abysmal for that battery and SoC, check what's raping your battery in your battery stats

Why are Meizu phones so cute, lads?

Which phone has the best DAC?

>I want Kirino's number
Kirino is a bitch

Help me /spg/. I used a smartphone with lineageOS for the last two years. My autism has progressed so far that I feel really uncomfortable using a smartphone that comes preloaded with google apps (even when I deactivate them like I did on my new Nokia 5, some apps like the dialer app start nagging anyways that they need the google play framework to work). Are there any worthwhile LOS devices out there to consider (5.5" display no need to apply). Any experiences from anons here would be great.

Anybody else excited about the rumored XZ Pro? I absolutely love the design and that blue in the leaked photo (pic related), and I hope that it's the final design. But I'm also worried about the recent FCC leak stating that the phone won't have a headphone jack. Goddamn I hate this stupid 'only one port' meme. Also, I hope that Sony finally sorts its camera processing and gives us a phone that can actually take great photos. No one is impressed by megapixels anymore.

Oops, forgot pic.

I got a pixel 2 xl, and while it comes with a usb-c to 3.5mm adapter, I decided to buy a pair of amazon.com/Phaiser-Bluetooth-Headphones-Sweatproof-Comfortable/dp/B075CTSYHH because apparently they are pretty good for the price.

Might as well make the jump to wireless.

Not as long as wired headphones are cheaper and sound better than wireless ones.

Your S7 came with that, no seller would sell a 128GB S7 Edge for $300 unless it was defective

Did you even check the link I provided? Those wireless headphones are $40 (With the previous version, the 750 being $5 for 1 hour less of battery) and sound as good as $100+ headphones.

Stop finding excuses.

$5 less**

It happens to me too. Tomorrow theme? It mostly happens when I'm in the sunlight. Happened on both my Redmeme note 3 pro and sometimes my Note 8.

Just got a Moto Z2 Play recently, so far I am loving the thing. What do you guys think about it?

if your brightness sensor is in direct light, it will overblow the contrast values. my S7 does this when I'm outside

oo neat

Sorry, I've been stuck in 2012 the past 4 years in terms of phones so this is pretty cool.

I'm thinking about getting an oppo a57 and rooting it.
I'm supposed to go to XDA for rooting, right? Can I really trust that they're not going to install a bunch of malware on my phone?
forum.xda-developers.com/chef-central/android/oppo-a57-root-t3637799

I want her to bitch at me over the phone

What are the nitpicky but potentially reasonable flaws Sup Forums has with the LG G6? I'm looking for a new phone and it suits all my main needs but it always cops hate on here. why is that?

question
>network -- HSPA 2100
>phone spec -- HSDPA 2100
is this incompatible?

What's a decent 200$ phone?

mine (same phone and problem as this dude) just suddenly appeared after a year.
Good thing i still had warranty but still fuck Samsung for that shit

I'm looking for a phone-tablet hybrid, mostly for shitposting, music, reading and the occasional video. Battery life and a good screen are what's important to me. My budget is 200-300$

Moto Z Play

Does Sony still release the official aosp sources of their phones?

Min max 2

I can recommend the iPhone 7 Plus or 8 Plus. 12 hours screen on time, and phablet sized screen for your usage. Very bright screen and the color accuracy is the best there is. Top performance. Increase budget though, but it's worth since you'll keep the phone for 2 years or longer.

I can recommend the iPhone 7 Plus or 8 Plus. 12 hours screen on time, and phablet sized screen for your usage. Very bright screen and the best color accuracy currently. Top performance. It's more expensive but it's worth it because you don't have to buy a new phone for at least 2-3 years. I mean, there's no problem to keep it 5-6 years, but who does that.

iPhone 7 Plus or 8 Plus. 12 hours screen on time, and phablet sized screen for your usage. Screen has the best color accuracy that exists in a phone. Top performance. It's more expensive than your limit but it's worth it because you don't have to buy a new phone for at least 2-3 years. I mean, there's no problem to keep it 5-6 years, but who does that.

They're going to fuck it up like always with a locked bootloader, mediocre camera a with drm, and $850 while being shittier that others.

Sony needs to copy the pixel software freedom if it wants to actually grow its userbase.

a good condition used S7, make sure it's the exynos chipset model.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but i'm looking for a smart watch that can play Flac files, has good storage or a card slot, just want to use it as Bluetooth music device while working out. If it has some fitness tracker stuff in it that's fine i guess. Anything with Bluetooth 5.0 yet?

Do smartphones have USB-C sockets?

Thinking of buying a Mi Max 2, thoughts?

I hope so.
The L2 and XA2 look like crap

I'm in the market for a new low/mid range phone. I've been using Moto G3 for ~2.5 years now. Should I get the Mi A1?

thoughts about Xiaomi Mi A1, it is worth?

Yeah.

think i'm gonna buy one this week

How are you guys enjoying that notch?

>In a new report obtained by AppleInsider, acclaimed KGI Securities’ analyst Ming-Chi Kuo says disappointing sales of the iPhone X will lead to the cancellation of the model “with production ceasing in the summer”. This would be the first time Apple has cancelled an iPhone model after just one generation since the iPhone 5C in 2014.

>Kuo, who has a long track record successfully revealing Apple’s plans, said disinterest in China is the main reason. In China big screens are king and the iPhone X’s polarising ‘notch’ is seen by Chinese consumers as removing too much usable space. Especially when the cheaper iPhone 8 Plus actually delivers slightly more.

>The news also follows a new survey from Cowan which claims interest in new iPhones has hit an historic low.

The iPhone 8 Plus is the best phone Apple has ever made and gesture-based navigation was a mistake.

>XZ1 Compact

Because Sony and someone else made some sort of deal (no one actually knows what the fuck happened), the fingerprint sensor on their phones (including the XZ1 Compact) is disabled in US firmware.

Be prepared to either flash it with some firmware from the UK, or root it. The phone has the capability, but you need to tweak the software to enable it.

No one knows why it's disabled. But Sony acknowledges it has something to do with selling all their phones unlocked, and possibly related to carrier displeasure with that.

Topically, Sony phones are also the only phones the don't tell the carrier when Mobile Hotspots are turned on so the carrier can't try to charge you for it. This might or might not be related to a carrier pissing contest.

finally unlocked this dumb piece of shit phone. I can be free of miui. pretty much you just have to wait for a few days if you are getting stuck in 99%. try once every day. what a pain in the butt this was honestly, but it's good that I can nuke my temporary windows installation now. as for the battery life in stock rom, this is my 48th hour not charging and still at 28%, with ~12hr SOT only browsing Clover on wifi at 30% brightness, with all major battery eating "features" off like gps and sync

Is it easy to get stock android 8 onto a Samsung phone?

No

Anyone?

That is what the modern ones tend to charge through, yes.

Can't you update it yourself?

>$200-300 budget
>iPhone 7 or 8 plus

Huawei Mate 10, Yay or nay?
>upload pics when?