Portable Media Players

What does Sup Forums use?
I have a sansa clip zip in the mail since my ipod nano's wheel got fucked from water.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Bassplay-Player-Portable-Recorder-S5/dp/B06VTDN7QV
kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6s-plus-audio-quality.htm
thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cheap-mp3-player/
web.archive.org/web/20100730123840/http://www.creative.com/zenxfi2/adk/
banggood.com/XDUOO-X3-HIFI-MP3-Music-Player-Lossless-Music-Player-with-HD-OLED-Screen-Support-APE-FLAC-ALAC-WAV-WMA-OGG-MP3-p-1004977.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__1&cur_warehouse=CN
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>ipod
Found your problem.

I need one, and don't have one. What's loud and durable for under $30?

if you're lucky you can get clips for under 30 but good luck with that.
Onda players tend to go for cheap however.

Got a Fiio X1 2nd gen + Edifier 185
Best purchase in a long time, people who use the phone for music are such plebs, no phone compares to this, possibly not even the iPhone and Sony phones, god tier quality.

I have a Smartphone with Spotify yet I still seem to want one. Am I falling for Sup Forums's autism or is there anything logical behind it?

I loved the old Fuze. When it broke, I bought another one. And when that one broke, I started using my phone and realized how comfy it is to be able to search my library. Now I'm rarely listening to music when out.

Can't do magic for that price, but I would try this one: amazon.com/Bassplay-Player-Portable-Recorder-S5/dp/B06VTDN7QV

Depends on what smartphone you have, but some advantages are:

Dedicated high-quality DAC (most phones have shit-tier DACs)
You don't waste the phone's battery
More portable

How much does magic cost? What's your high-end recc?

I'm I got it for 75 bucks refurbished

I have an Axon 7 should I still get a portable player? It has a great dac

shanling m1

shangling m2s. its quite comfy and can act as bluetooth receiver and a usb dac.
where i work theres no wifi and the cellphone signal is shit so i cant really stream music. i can download my music to my phone but then why not just get a dedicated player you know.

Not really, for what I'm reading the Axon 7 is pretty decent.
There are PMPs with better DACs, but they are too expensive and only worth getting if you are an audiophile and you know what you are doing.

PMPs on the 100-200 dollar range are a great option for people with average phones, which are most people, getting a phone with equivalent sound quality would cost you 3 or 4 times more.

Thanks for the answer. I use the HD 600 and KZ ZS6. My phone can't deliver 300 ohm so i don't really use it.

My phone

I need a player under $100 that plays FLAC

Anyone have a rockboxed xduoo x3? Seems like the best player to get under $100.

I used my blackberry for play music, it was fine before it broke and don't start SO anymore (I had 16Gb of great select music in flac format and other gems + 4Gb of Collection of rare gems) so now I need to buy new one. So

What is the best Portable media ?.

Get a Cowon, Fiio or walkman.

An old iPod from 2004 that I bought from a garage sale for $4.

you rockbox it?

I use a 4th gen shuffle. Buddy sold it to me for 40$ a while ago, great for the gym.

My phone.

>people who use the phone for music are such plebs
>no phone compares to this, possibly not even the iPhone

WOAH... slow down there laddy: the post

My 128gb iphone 6 sounds pretty darn good playing 24bit/48khz...

My UI is much better and faster than yours and im pretty sure my equalizer is better than yours and do you even have crossfeed ????? and controll over your resampling and dither algos ? because i do with canopener on ios...

in terms of audio performance measurements...kenrockwell.com/apple/iphone-6s-plus-audio-quality.htm ... plus one device blah blah...

not yet, but I probably will at some point

shut up nerd

PSP/GO
>potential for 256gb of storage
>video playback
>HW controls
>bluetooth
>moderate battery life with underclocking and sleep mode
>can throw on some emulators to kill time when you're out while still listening to your tunes
I'll never understand why anyone would willingly choose anything else.

>equalizer
lmao please leave the thread

>mikgazer
my nigga

I used an Original 1001 PSP since release. Battery lifes been going down pretty bad lately.

Guy at work was gonna throw away a clip-zip so I grabbed it from him. Grabbed a 32GB sd and rock-boxed it.
Had it for about 2 weeks so far and only charged it once...still estimates 4:23 left.

i kinda miss my ipod shuffle, anyone know of any mods on those things? they're practically free and nokia tough.

I've got a 5th gen iPod Classic, I love it

What's the battery and the UI like on the shanling? I'm a bit curious about the koss too, I've seen those but they seem kind of stupid, they're too dorky to wear in public and If I'm at home why not use higher quality headphones or a speaker

I need one for gym/running but I need it to have fm radio too, is there anything on the market?

the majority of the cheap ones have fm receivers in them, I can't speak of the quality though

shrug

What is this?

Is there an audio player that has the aesthetic and weight of an iPod classic, is rockbox-able and has SD card support with a high data cap?

The iPod classic.

Shanling M1. God tier.

What's the software like?

Some walkman players.
ibasso dx50/90
>Aesthetic
Clickwheel looks nice but is a pain to use.
>Weight
Strap some metal on

What's a cheap ish player that supports mp3, flac, and ogg and has expandable storage via SD?

xDuoo x3

W-what's going on in that image?

Mt. Saint Helen's?

if i had to guess i'd say mount saint helens. Car make/film grain match up to ~1980.

>SD card support

You can put four microSD cards in an iPod Classic.

iBasso DX50

It werks but I feel that it was rendered obsolete since the brand itself is dying or close to dying

If I can redo things again I would have just bought the cheaper Askell and Kern or FiiOs

Fiio X3ii
I really like it except for the fact that the wheel sometimes fucks up when scrolling quickly. No hiss on my SE535 as opposed to my Galaxy S5.

Is the Sansa ClipZip the only player with a clip? Being able to attach and mp3 player to your clothing is so convenient and essential taht I'm shocked no one else does it.

>Dying
>Just upgraded the DX90 and DX100 last year

hi

This: thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-cheap-mp3-player/

Anyone got a second gen Fiio X1? Is it decent?

Ordered this thing.

>Spotify

Still have this shitbox

doesnt that have some SDK with lua shit?

got one, is the best 100 bucks i spent in my life.
The flac 96/24 sounds like never i heard it, its simply great, even classic mp3s sounds better with that great dedicated dac

Im not that good with that stuff but isnt that some google stuff ? The zen doesnt has anything like that. its basically a just a brick with a even worse punchscreen and shit audioquality

> web.archive.org/web/20100730123840/http://www.creative.com/zenxfi2/adk/

writing your own software for your player, though it also apparently got some rockbox support too (maybe different models)

redmi 4 prime, dolby atmos, plantronics backbeat go 2

Does anyone have a clip jam? How does it compare to the clip+/clip zip?

It's literally a cheap chink player with sandisk branding.

So it's fuze or bust if I hope to get anything close to a +/zip, isn't it?

this is so cute

I've got this 2gb Phillips GoGear from the mid 2000s. 2gb I honestly kind of crap, but it works. I've got a lot of memories with this thing, so I don't plan to part with it any time soon

How is the battery life on it?
I have an old Sansa Clip but it just barely lasts me through a day and recharging it all the time is fucking annoying

>no phone compares to this
have you heard of lg v30 ?

I think your iPod has autism

lame bait

have never used it but here banggood.com/XDUOO-X3-HIFI-MP3-Music-Player-Lossless-Music-Player-with-HD-OLED-Screen-Support-APE-FLAC-ALAC-WAV-WMA-OGG-MP3-p-1004977.html?rmmds=detail-left-hotproducts__1&cur_warehouse=CN
yeah but cheaper/looks better than the chink ones online... tbf

>Had it for about 2 weeks so far and only charged it once...still estimates 4:23 left.

man... they really don't make shit like they used to battery wise huh?

please give a medal to the "i use my smartphone its better welcome to 2018" they are so intelligent

Bought a Jam some time ago, after getting a Fiio M3 to replace a dead Zip, and realize the UI was unusable. Honestly it's a step back in every category: sound is muddier, can't re Rockbox'd, UI was worse (but still better than the M3).
Now it's in the drawer, the M3 got recently a new firmware update (2.0) that makes it somewhat usable, UI is about on par with the Jam now. I'll take it, yes it can't be Rockbox'd either, but the sound quality is easily the best of the 3.

Zune 30

test

works

I used to have a clip as well, lost it years ago though. For the price that little fucker was impressive. $30 new for the 4GB model when it came out I think.

I used to have a clip as well, lost it years ago though. For the price that little fucker was impressive. $30 new for the 4GB model when it came out I think.

>using phones for music

>Phones make a poor iPod replacement because they can't store many songs and are more complex to operate. store minimal data using flash memory (typically 8GB or less). play and record voice-quality, mono sound using tiny built-in speakers or a bluetooth headset. Should remain in standby mode, and only operate the cellular and bluetooth transmitters for short intervals during a call

>Bluetooth doesn't work well for listening to music, because the technology is tuned to voice grade quality and is prone to dropouts, which are far more irritating while listening to a song than in a conversation. Continuous operation of bluetooth would also hog the battery.

I still have my old Sansa Clip with rockbox

literally the best mp3 player for running
it's perfect and apparently no newer device comes even close

Any suggestions for DAPs with WiFi and a touchscreen?

what would a decent budget pocket player be? looking at under 50€ range

You can get an iPod touch with 128GB of space for $300. And it still has a headphone jack.

128gb for 300 is retarded.

ipod classic 160gb, got it for free and it works well enough with clementine :^)

I know. I wish Apple would bring back the iPod classic.

500gb flash based 5th gen ipod running rockbox and flac.

Are these as shit as the reviews on Amazon seem to suggest? Can't play by track number, only alphabetical, etc?

Bought a used Walkman NWZ-A16 in like new condition for ~$140 recently. I love it. You might say that's overpriced, but my old NWZ-A816 that I've been using frequently for the past 10 years and 2 months finally needed to be replaced, so I'm assuming this one will have a similar lifespan which will definitely make the cost worth it.

Sansa Clip

Sansa Fuze (pictured in OP) for 5 years and then I got a Sansa Clip+ .
Each one for

Yes, most importantly sound quality and not fully Rockbox compatible

> Edifier 185
You bought a mp3 player for nearly 150$ and than combined with 10$ in-ear head phones. How the fuck would you even know if it sounds any good? With those shitty thinks every thing from a 64 kbit/s mp3 to a lossless flac sound exactly the same, like shit

I'm on the same boat as you.
I bought a Sony A15 last year after the battery on my Sony S639F started to deteriorate, it too lasted 9 years and had daily use.
For me, I don't think there is a better device, I don't know why Sup Forums dislikes them.

test