I'm tired of working in call centers getting yelled at by old sweaty cunts who can't even figure out how to turn off an...

I'm tired of working in call centers getting yelled at by old sweaty cunts who can't even figure out how to turn off an iPad so I'm going back to school.

I thought I would get an Associates in Data Security or something similar. What are things someone should look for in schools with good tech programs?

Other urls found in this thread:

certification.comptia.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

percentage of asian students correlates with employabilty

>GameBoy Advance SP

why tho

>data security
Fucking god no. If you're gonna go back to school get something that isn't a fucking meme

Go with real science degree. Specialize in something chemical/t-physics/engineering/etc.

Data science will be outdone by AIs in the coming years.

You are much better off going for something Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, etc. The specialized degrees like "Infosec" and "Data Security" lose their worth once the industry moves on from whatever the buzz words of the times are.

If you really don't want to do formal schooling and at least have your GED which is basic as fuck to write, then get some CompTIA certs.
>certification.comptia.org/

You'll be making $20 in no time doing that instead of pretending to be a closer from The Boiler Room earning minimum wage minus the commissions because hey, if you're stupid enough to work at a call center then you're stupid enough to let them take your commissions removed for walking in 2 minutes late from a break.

call center is for retards, don't fall for it.

>you can't give bad advice if they can't figure out what you're trying to say

wew lad, i butchered that sentence.

I just want to get an Associates so I can start applying for better jobs. Once I'm actually working at places I'll be able to look for other more long-term education options. I live close to Austin so there's a decent amount of cushy helpdesk positions available, but I need a resume that doesn't read like shit. An Associates would do well towards that.

Learn how to program, specialize in data science (crunching large data sets). Read up different types of algorithm used in data science. Learn some machine learning programming(free online classes/lessons).

Make >100K a year EASY

There's nothing wrong with that, but getting a useless degree is just stupid and a waste of time. If you're gonna go to school get it right the first time, instead of being one of those faggots who in his 30s and you're sitting in a classroom with a bunch of 18 year olds.

Maybe go for IT

Professional college counselor here.

Your approach is wrong. Go look at an entry level job in whatever field and what it requires.

I have never considered this metric, but I can't think of any counter examples.

This.

Also, don't just assume you need a bunch of certs and formal education. Learn what your interested in, be able to demonstrate knowledge, and start applying and interviewing. I literally went from a call center making $10 an hour to IT making 75k a year. No college, no certs, not even a proper HS diploma.

Well don't get into agency work, whether it's web development or software related. Agencies are a fucking PC fueled nightmare.

>Females are hired as project leads
>Mandatory feel good hippie stand up meetings where we all make each other feel good
>People are brought in for "diversity" that have no fucking clue what they're doing and are put on important tasks

Fuck me man, it's not the same as it was in 2011. I would go to work, yell at the old QA lady who asked the same fucking questions every day, compile my work and go out with the rest of the team every night.

Now, PC has completely taken over any kind of agency work. Don't do it user if you're thinking about it.

How?

Just learn from home and put together a portfolio.

I'm a highschool drop out and have a pretty high paying job with Ford.

Sucking all the right dicks.

How?

Just did it.

He put his foot to her hand because his hands are too busy playing game. Not op but I think it's pretty good, I miss ads like these

>that picture

It was fine advice mang I got what you meant

What does this have to do with /k/? If anything it's Sup Forums

>What are things someone should look for in schools with good tech programs?
I could still use an answer to this part of my question.

Look at where graduates end up working as well as how many find employment after graduation. A decent uni should have these stats readily available, and if not it may be a red flag.