Russians of Sup Forums, how do you comprehend your country being so fucking gigantic?

Russians of Sup Forums, how do you comprehend your country being so fucking gigantic?

Most of it is uninhabitable though. That's why their population is only 143 million, even lower than the likes of Bangladesh and Indonesia.

tahts not the reason why their pop is so low

About 80% of the Russian population lives in the European part.

What's there to comprehend when almost none of us got enough money for being able to travel and actually see the giganticness by ourselves.

Its because they're communists and the dissenters get killed :^)

I visited all the 5 continents and never visited our Eastern part of Russia.
AMA

When I first learned it in the first grade I thought it's pretty cool, but now I think that all these territories and resources are being wasted because of the incompetent politicians since the beginning of the 20th century.

It kinda sucks, Russia has a huge breadth of resources, but leans on gas as kind of a crutch, and that industry is so heavily politicized.

Geothermal energy, rare earth metals and uranium abound but are exploited at sub-par rates.

I never comprehend it really.
But its takes 3 days on train with crossing another country for me to go rafting on Altai though.
Im surprised American wonder about it, you have huge country too.

Are you a drunk?

We have not enough people to efficiently use all that territory. 75% of the territory are uninhabited tundra, taiga and swamps.

No, he's retarded.

>never visited our Eastern part of Russia

I have even visited European part of Russia or any other regions besides Western Siberia (my native one).

Are you a drunk then?

No, i'm retarded too.

No, why are you asking this question?

Russian's are drunks. Or so I've been led to believe.
What do you two think of the Soviet Union? Was it good, Comrade?

At least they kept the chinks down. And things were a hell of a lot simpler when we just had one really big bloc of countries to worry about, and we knew where they were, unlike the war on terror.

Remember Russia looks a LOT bigger because of Mercator projection. If I remember correctly Brazil is nearly as big?

I have no idea what was the soviet union. I was small when it collapsed.

Looks habitable to me

Not quite

>What do you two think of the Soviet Union?

Only the things i've been taught in school's history lessons.

>Was it good, Comrade?

I can't know that, since i was born 3 years after its collapse.

alaska alone is larger than russia

beautiful

нoжки Бyшa

>Soviet Union

I think there are people posting on Sup Forums who'd be so drunk or so retarded to unironically like the Soviet Union, especially the life of an average citizen of it.

Mercantor(?) projection makes it look bigger than it is. I was shocked when I first realized how much bigger Africa is compared to Russia, made it look tiny.

do russians travel in russia?
if any, where are popular destinations?

South

>I think
You shouldnt think much, that' not yours.

Some people go to Sochi on holidays.
Many others don't have the money to do it.

We don't. Russia is a huge shithole. it's cheaper and more interesting for Russians to travel in Europe, Turkey or Egypt.

How fucking dumb must one be to take Mercator projection for real? Even in kindergarten, let alone in school.

>do russians travel in russia?

Yes.

>if any, where are popular destinations?

The South (Sochi, Anapa, Tuapse) is the most popular destination for sure. But in my region people usually travel to Baikal lake or Altai mountains.

It's not something people think about I guess.

>t. sovok degenerate

I mean a single glance on a damn globe will give you the basic idea.

>Altai mountains
Gib.

I've never gotten further than Altai, which is a beautiful place, it'd be cool to visit Kamchatka one day

Do you russians in the west consider the russians in the most eastern part of russia, russians, like your selves ? Like do you consider them country men. Are they asian those who live in the most eastern part ? or is it white russians also ?

comfy as fuck

in the east it's a mix of white russians and race mixed asians

I live on the Caucasus, it's full of non-Russians so Russians from others parts are more Russians for me than local Russians.

Russian living in the east are absolutely the same.
Tell me more, шпpoтa.

I'm russian m8

Then dont talk about things you are not aware of.

ok, ok, ok
have you watched the brat movies?

no

jebal tvoju majku kartofelina

You should have listened at the geography lessons. In my school we even tested that with an orange and a piece of paper to see how well it fits.

Why do people say eastern russia is unlivable? it looks way better than regular russia and not polluted like regular russia is currently now

Because government don't care about those regions, therefore no infrastructure, cities filled with families of prisoners and delinquents, and finding good and stable workplace is nearly impossible

Another muscovite having no idea about what life beyound MKAD is.

I'm from Гpoзный, actually, so I know what's up.

I'm from Siberia and know that better. Infrastructure here in general is poor, but there are more chances to find a good a stable job than, say, in Razyan or Voronezh.

>cities filled with families of prisoners and delinquents
complete nonsense

THICC

Siberia and Far East are white majority.

yellow*

no, russia has an area of 17 gazzilions of somethings and brazil has like 8 of those

Broke the logic,
Question was not about why pop is low, but why it is so low consider that much territory.
Yes, it is because all that eastern lands are not so good for living. Compare to Canada, have much common with climate.

meh, could say it for whole Earth