Gaming laptop thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SXzHCiUyEVg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is this the buttplug thread?

nope

Oh, it's just something else for retarded faggots. My bad.

Anyone who thinks they're anything but absolute garbage is retarded
/thread

explain to me why it's retarded

>mommy, i promise, i need this notebook to study

>loud
>heavy
>thick
>over priced
>looks like shit
>built like shit
>performs like shit
If you really want high performance, build a desktop
If you want a laptop either get a xps, thinkpad or macbook
No need to buy a bastardized piece of shit that can't do good as either

Because playing games is for children.

Theres fucking gaymans motherboards, it's just a marketing shit. Not everytime it means it will be overpriced though. My gaymans laptop was really cheap compared to others because the only gayman thing it had was a glowing keyboard, but the hardware was solid. Hell, it came with crisis but I never played that stupid shit.

Please tell me you didn't just leave the software as it was when you got it. Even if you didn't install a real OS (GNU+Linux) you at least reinstalled Wangblows, right?

I got one for like $700 with gtx 1050 inside and it's great imo(not exactly desktop standards, but it's getting close recently), 4-6 hours battery life(that's all I need anyways). about an inch thick, and 5 pounds ish. Doesn't look gamery almost at all besides the fact it has a msi logo on the front

Not him, but when I bought my gaming laptop the internet connection dropped every time I downloaded at full speed.
But when I installed a fresh Windows 10 on it all the problems were gone.

I reinatalled and dualbooted.

>overpriced
Aren't miners making GPU prices go full retard right now? I also doubt they'd buy a gayman laptop to mine.

Yeah, no shit. They install outdated and conflicting drivers along with the regular spyware.

It's kind of a workup to take a desktop with you when flying user. Some of us have jobs...

>mobile mining rig thread
FTFY

So you need to play your little games on a plane? You're pathetic.

It's more of a destination laptop. Great when you go overseas to meet your family for months on end or something.

Once you get to the destination...

tfw due to Bitcoin fags taking /ourGPUs/ now the Gaming Laptops are cheaper than Gaming Desktops.

youtube.com/watch?v=SXzHCiUyEVg

You still need to play with toys? Get a fucking grip.

>HURRR I have job
>I must play gaymen
I have a job too but as someone who actually does go to places I'd rather have a thin and light rather than a stupid huge gaymen laptop that doesn't shut up and lights up like a Christmas tree

>Expensive compared to owning a desktop
>terrible battery life for most laptops as seen in pic
>battery will probably drain faster when gaming
>plug in laptop for the majority of the time and use it like a desktop instead since it has a poor battery life
>bulky and heavy
>will probably overheat
>easy target to get stolen if you use it in a public place like a McDonald's, and yes, I have seen people use their laptops at McDonald's before.

Traps love Gay-men, not Gaming

Hotel rooms are very boring user, why deny yourself some entertainment?

Gayming laptops were always cheaper you cretins
They're still not any fucking good though
They're overpriced for how garbage of an experience they are
If you've ever used a xps, thinkpad, elitebook or latitude (or even a macbook) you guys would've realized how garbage gaming laptops are

Hotel rooms are for leaving your stuff and sleeping. Go do something if you're so bored instead of playing with toys like a child. Read something, go talk to people, have some experiences beyond being a mindless consumer.

used a mac before because 80 percent or more of my friends use macs. Would rather use my gaming laptop

Ok, can anyone point me towards a decent all-AMD based gaming laptop, one that can run windows 7? I'm honestly trying to go AMD after intel fisted itself regarding not only the whole IME security fiasco, but also SpecdownGate.

I've used a lot of gaymen laptops then switched over to a thinkpad later to a xps 13
I've handled a few elitebooks as well
They're all superior to most gaymen laptops

When you travel for work it's not like a holiday, the places you go aren't holiday resorts. How dare someone have a different hobby to you, the temerity of some people.

This
Vidya is a waste

Most laptops are probably going to be running Windows 10 nowadays. It is just the way it is. You might be able to install Windows 7, but they might not have the drivers available.

I mean they've changed a lot recently, i mean I would agree with the rest of Sup Forums if it was like 5-6 years ago because the 600m and 700m and to some extent 800m and 900m sucked. But it's gotten better recently imo

How dare someone criticize someone's homosex 'hobbies' on the internet
The indignity

Maybe with a few select brands
The rest is still trash

But you hurt my feelings user.

Well first they've put cards with more or less equal cards to desktop in laptops and been stuffing good battery life inside gaming laptops(for example gigabyte made a gaming laptop with 6 hours of battery and razer blade getting 7 and a half hours)

>its actually cheaper to buy theses than to build even a mid grade build from RAM and GPU prices alone
>Sup Forums will keep spouting the jamble of repeated words because they don't actually have the mental capacity for saying anything else

Laptop 10 series are around 5% slower than the desktop counterpart. The laptop 1070 has a bit more cuda cores too (but slower clocks) for some reason.

yes 5% depending on cooling and other factors, but it will probably have very little effect on actual performance(probs like 2-3fps less in worst case scenario)

Paid $880 for a Dell gayming laptop, 5 hours battery and easily dual-booted with Ubuntu. It's 17" and half an inch thick.

Stop pushing memes

I wonder why gayming laptops always look cringe and unsightly.

What's wrong with a normal laptop shell with high end gayming components inside of it? Why make the shell go full retard?

Thinkpad T60p here. Touhou runs at 60fps.

i totally agree

Ubuntu is garbage.

>thing is a bad deal
>other thing is a bad deal that's slightly better than thing
>other thing is a good deal.

I own used G550JK with 16gigs of ram and linux on it and I don't even have nvidia driver installed. screen is nice though

even with crypto inflation desktop is better since it'll last longer than 18 months and can be upgraded when you realize a shitty card like the 1060 is not good enough

>Market prices make something expensive
>Find way to get something in a more cost effective way
>Not a good deal
That's exactly what a good deal is user. Just because the market prices are garbage doesn't make something a bad deal if it's a cheaper way within the confines of the current market value.

Enjoy your 50ºC on idle.

So, I sell my laptop for $650 and then buy another laptop around $1200 that'll last me around that same time with a new graphics card. That means I spent $550 on the new laptop which is the same price as a crypto inflated gpu that has around the same performance as that laptop gpu. Makes sense.

How u liek XPS 13?

Ubuntu does work and has latest drivers. His point was his lappy works well with Linux. If running a server use Debian or Red Hat.

You could also sell the shitty desktopcard, you dumb fuck

Can you please take this garbage thread to Sup Forums next time

>No need to buy a bastardized piece of shit that can't do good as either
You are wrong.

There are very good use cases for those pieces of crap, and gaming away from home is only one.

They are actually much cheaper than business devices with the same specs, so they come in handy for people that do some light cad stuff and virtualization testing.

>So you need to play your little games on a plane? You're pathetic.
You are obviosly a fuckin idiot that has never left his farm. People tend to fly for five hours or more, working abroad, having some spare time in the evening and only shitty tv programs.
But what would a 12 year old retard know?

Whether you use GNU/Linux or not, please don't confuse the public by using the name "Linux" ambiguously. Linux is the kernel, one of the essential major components of the system. The system as a whole is basically the GNU system, with Linux added. When you're talking about this combination, please call it "GNU/Linux".

Yeah it's nice
I miss the nipple though

Anyone have the Clevo P651HS or the Clevo P751TM?

I'm torn between the two of these at the moment.

The P651HS, but the prospect of having an 8700K is pretty alluring.

What are you fegs with gayming laptops with intel processors doing about meltyspectre?

Just get a desktop. The prices are still better for desktop components than a premade laptop. Besides, cooling is often shit for gaming laptops and you can forget about battery life. There is honestly no point.

Since I'm starting from scratch (at possibly the worst time to be doing this) I have a decision to make:

Ryzen 7/ 1070 build (+monitor, +speakers, +mech kb)
OR
the Alienware 15 R3, with Dell's next-day on-site warranty (but NOT the accidental damage, because Dell in my region is cheap and retarded).

Both cost the same in my ripoff country ($20 shy of 3000), where normal computer parts are like 20% more than what you lucky fucks in the US can get. One's a self contained unit, plug and play and hopefully all good. The other the shop can assemble for me in 1hr, but who knows what issues I might have with parts from like 6 different manufacturers.
For the past 15 years I've only had laptops, as I've moved around a lot.
No longer.
So the portability of a 3.5kg laptop doesn't matter all that much.

Anyone own one?
Any thoughts or opinions besides "kill yourself"?
Any caveats with alienware? It just feels wrong to buy it.
Since I've missed out on games for the past 5 or so years I've got a backlog to go through, so cutting edge isn't exactly a main priority (though it would be nice to be up to date for once).

>got a HP Omen for black friday
>worked fine up until last week
>now has insane light bleed and dead pixels everywhere
>called HP support and obviously got directed to a paki
>"ok I'll send you an email after this call and then you just reply with photos of the defective pixels"
>24 hours later, still not fucking email

This isn't 2012 anymore gramps

I work at HP customer support and we prioritize by different product lines. guess what, OMEN is dead last trash-tier "tell them it's a feature and get them to fuck off" for us. we are instructed not to pay too much time to omen users since the company knows its shitty gamer-bait hobo trash.

That doesn't surprise me

In the current market, you might actually be able to get a cheaper deal with a prebuilt. Just shy of 3000 sounds pretty damned expensive, unless you went nuts on the mouse/KB/monitor and got an 1800x (do not do that BTW). Although not recommended in most cases, prebuilts are less immune to the skyrocketing RAM and GPU prices happening these days.

What defines a gaming laptop? I can play Half Life and Counter Strike on max and I only got it for 200 bucks. Comes with Radeon R2. Besides, most people have huge ass backlogs, I thinking mining is a great thing so now people don't waste money on games they will never play.

As a laptop fag, this will never happen, because by the time you buy a new laptop yours either falls apart, or its too outdated.

>Just shy of 3000 sounds pretty damned expensive, unless you went nuts on the mouse/KB/monitor and got an 1800x
Yeah, that's just what shit costs here. 1700 Ryzen.
At least I already have a mouse.
FML.

I was referring to prebuilt laptops (15" R3). Hadn't even considered the alienware desktops. I think there's one store that has some; I'll take a look to compare.

Don't bother, these neckbeards don't need portability because they haven't left the basement in years

This is the new /sqt/ because we can't make another one.

This is the new /sqt/ because we can't make another one.

As much as Sup Forums knocks them, with the mining situation they are perhaps the last great hope for PC gaming.

As much as Sup Forums knocks them, with the mining situation they are perhaps the last great hope for PC gaming.

>Overpriced
With the prices of RAM, GPUs, and SSDs now they’re actually reasonably.

Sup Forumseddit

Is this gloryhole thread?