32 Core Threadripper for current existing platform inc

Source:
der8auer
youtube.com/watch?v=GWQ74Fuyl4M

He removed the IHS of Threadripper and EPYC and did some X Ray Shots of the CPUs to proof that all Threadripper dies are connected and to proof there are no dummy dies.
Pic related aren't the x ray shots but regular die shots to proof that all 4 dies are exposed dies.

Quotes from the resume of the video:
,,So the third option is that AMD is gonna release a 32 Core AMD Threadripper CPU. And it's very possible, so as I said before AMD socket for Threadripper and EPYC are exactly the same (annotation: he is aware of the different pin out).
You can use a 32 Core Threadripper CPU with 4 memory channels and 64 PCI Express Lanes [...] you don't have to change the socket, you don't have to change the motherboard, you don't have to change anything. All you have to do is to modify the microcode or whatever they do difranchiate those CPUs. You only have to change that, and you can have a 32 Core Threadripper CPU without doing any additional developement [...].
So, just judging by the facts, just judging what we see here the only possible option is guaranteed releasing a 32 Core AMD Threadripper CPU. Infinity Fabric clearly allows that you can use 4 dies but only use memory controller of 2 of the dies and only PCI Express controllers of 2 of the dies and the other PCI Express controllers of the other dies are just used for the communication between the dies. Everything like this is completly possible and thats the only thing I see what could happen, so as I said before AMD is gonna release a 32 Core AMD Threadripper CPU."

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/tmprgdt5l3118n6/EPYC-TR-XRAY.zip
eteknix.com/amd-epyc-cpus-64-cores-next-gen/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Who was in the wrong ?

Intel fanboys

AMD lied on the internet.
pic related

inb4 samefagging:
(me)
(me)
Here is the download link to the x ray shots:
mediafire.com/file/tmprgdt5l3118n6/EPYC-TR-XRAY.zip

>HEY G THREADRIPPER WITH 32 CORES AND 64 THREADS INCOMING
> *crickets*
Next time I will write something like
Intel BTFO they can't recover from this in the title

>A Epyc
An Epyc is correct but I can't fault the shitskin too much

Eh, I would release a similar statement.
The moment you admit using the extra 2dies is indeed possible, it's
>Muh moore cores, wheeen?
all over with the shills..

Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

>all Threadripper dies are connected
Of course you retarded mutt.
TR uses SP3 package.
The two dies are dead.
Si rocks.

AMDrones back at it again.
LOL can only compete with intel by adding morecores.
Daily reminder that 1 intel core = 4 amd cores

>Pic related aren't the x ray shots but regular die shots to proof that all 4 dies are exposed dies.
Two of those dies are not like the others.
Two of those dies just don't belong.
Can you tell which dies are not like the others.
By the time I finish my song?

>"Content is mine, not an official statement from my employer, AMD. I enjoy gaming, sci-fi and technology discussion. You're a friend I haven't met yet."

in terms of price ? yes i can have 4 amd cores in the price of one pootel's :^)

you are guessing
He sandpapered to different layers.
I'm not guessing.

-30%

One of these shots is Threadripper, the other is Epyc.

And he didn't even mention the obvious difference between these two shots.
I'm not ruling out his conclusion that a 32core Threadripper may come out but I think AMD is leaving the door open for it rather than planning for it.

Frankly I think the second possibility he mentioned is more likely, and I voiced that a long time ago. Just use dies that don't work or aren't up to scratch to put into other processors.
With the Threadripper and Epyc lines combined there should be a substantial amount of useless dies they can stick in there.

Why the fuck would they put out a 32 core threadripper when it would have to be low clocked like an EPYC due to the power profile?

So you could buy a gimped EPYC with two dies lacking local memory pools.

>exactly
they dont wanna cannibalize their epyc market just like intel x299s with covfefe lake
but 32core tr4 might be very possible after 2 years or so
also the major and only difference that matter between tr4 and sp3 is the reg ecc mem support.

Do you even enjoy those threads?
They're fucking disgusting
It's the same autists spamming the same three reaction images

ok i will not do a thread with BTFO in the title.
I enjoy those threads sometimes when the memes are fresh and new.

SOPA DELICIA

amd lied about ryzen specs since day one...

from 40% ipc to actually being 52%
from the uncore being untied to the uncore being tied
they literally sandbagged the whole time

yeah 1 intel core without security features is probably 10 amd cores
1 intel core with security isses fixed is -4 amd cores

>What is cpu binning
Tech youtubers were a mistake.

the 32 core TR will be launched when the 64 core EPYC is available

eteknix.com/amd-epyc-cpus-64-cores-next-gen/

>sandbag
Isn't the IPC thing supposed to be just a projection and not a declaration? If it was, then yes it's sandbagging.

I believe it when I see it.