Why is there such a huge difference in Cinebench scores between an Arch linux and Windows...

Why is there such a huge difference in Cinebench scores between an Arch linux and Windows? Arch was running a full KDE desktop and Windows 10 the bare minimum after a reinstall.

I thought maybe it had something to do with PTI mitigation but the Arch install passed 2 mitigation tests and also scored the same with pti=off kernel parameter.

I can't test with pti off in Windows, but I could've sworn I've scored at least 1410 with this exact same setup only just a week ago. What the fuck happened?

Why do people use KDE? Fucking disgusting.

because you can disable compositing, or use wayland, or use a custom compositor or use use openbox with it

As you can with pretty much every DE.

try it on gnome

Why would anyone want to use Gnome?

Because we don't want to use the mouse all day.

Then why use a DE at all? Or you could just use xfce, which is far lighter.

I like KDE, it's a good desktop environment and only a little buggier than windows tends to be.

So far my only complaints are actually with linux and firefox in general - like firefox opening the wrong file picker and not getting a proper right click menu in the file picker so I can preview webm's or quickly open an image and edit it from the file picker menu

There's so much ease-of-use missing because I can't right click shit in the file picker.

Also linux doesn't have an mspaint tier program. All the wannabes actually suck complete ass and either try to do more than mspaint and fail, or somehow do less and also fail.

Oh you're a wangblows user. That explains it. Use a different file manager and uninstall the old one. Use Thunar.

Firefox has a bug in linux where it always uses the wrong file picker

50 or so CB in R15 isn't much at all, but since render engines are optimized to hell with regards to IPC, core, frequency and thread scaling, any change is subject to fluctuations.

Then stop using it.

becAUSE LINUX A SHIT

There's a larger difference if you patch meltdown/spectre

DELET

>cinebench on linux

Wine?

Is this bait? It's well known that Plasma (not KDE as you're calling it) is objectively the best DE in terms of features and customisation, and yet it's also pretty lean and mean despite that, beating out Gnome in system resource usage. Unless you want something extremely lightweight for low end hardware, there's basically no reason not to use Plasma.

Requirements for someone with high standards:
>Powerful features.
Plasma wins here by far, no contest. It completely blows everything else out of the water. Completely customisable panels and panel widgets. Global menu. Menu on a titlebar button. Custom rules for individual windows regarding their positioning, size, window decorations, etc. Very scriptable and extensive. Modular theming. Just look through System Settings and you'll be shocked by how much it offers.
>High performance / minimal resource usage.
Xfce or i3 or something would be better here, but Plasma is pretty efficient for its feature set, and you can disable compositing entirely for more performance.
>Beautiful.
GTK DEs are easy to make look good with the wide variety of GTK themes, but Plasma looks even better once you set it up with Kvantum and spend a bit of time ricing it.
>Efficient workflow with both keyboard and mouse.
A DE like Gnome is focused on the mouse, and has lacking keyboard support. A WM like i3 is focused on the keyboard, and has lacking mouse support. A Plasma desktop works great with either input device.

>linux doesn't have an mspaint tier program
Kolourpaint
Whenever you think "they don't have X" look at KDE and see if they made one. It saves you a lot of time.

>why use a DE at all?
In consider every graphical environment a DE. If you have a window manager and a clipboard, you have a DE.
But if you think it is better to pick tools yourself, go for it.
As for why I use KDE over say i3, the tools are good and they get out of my way.

Let's start with the window manager: kwinrc (along all other KDE tools) is a QConfig config file which makes it really easy to configure without having to learn a lot in order to get started. There is also graphical front ends with it if you think this is faster.
You basically set a few rules so specific applications always go on the right desktop and then you just use the intelligent placement it uses and it is fine.
You have to quick tile manually, but I prefer this to having the window manager do it wrong.
But the applications are far superior to the competition. Take konsole as an example:
Graphical interface + config file which makes setting it up a brease.
It is also OOP, so you can plob it in anywhere. My filemanager have a konsole so when I cd the graphical part on top follows and if I click, the terminal follows too.
I also have the terminal in my drop down music player, text editor and latex editor.
How annoying would that be if all those terminals were using a different color scheme or something like that?
But the most important reason to use KDE: Krunner.
If you think dmenu is good then krunner will skull fuck you sideways. It is basically everything I don't do often enough to have a hotkey for. Switch to specific windows, launch applications, calculate stuff, find files etc krunner can do it.
No other launcher is even close to as useful as krunner.