If you see this thread on 0/1, you have achieved absolute ZEN

Zen APUs are out in February, RyZen+ comes out in March, Zen 2 is already completed and good to go in late 2018/early 2019, almost entire RyZen 1xxx lineup got massive price cuts in lieu of upcoming RyZen+, RyZen+ 2400G is literally 1400 with integrated Sup Forumse/g/a/ on-board an is simply GLORIOUS. Zen APU 2500U (8 CU Sup Forumse/g/a/, same as in 2200G) was already shown to be able to play GTA V with 30~40 FPS in 1920x1080 on low settings, which literally means you'll be able to pretty much max out any game that's older than 5 years (yes, Zen APU enables to run Crysis maxed on a notebook). First Zen+ X470 motherboards already being shown and are going to be available before RyZen+ 2xxx series processors go on full launch. Upgrade to 12nm guarantees at least 4.4GHz stable on ALL cores & threads with RyZen+. Also better wiring, components, and more features on Zen+ motherboards.

AMD appreciation thread.
Jim Keller brofist thread.
Amada comfy thread.
Zen worship thread.
Lisa love thread.

Bonus topic: Amada's upcoming retirement and AMD's new Wai-Fu sisters welcoming party. It was a good run, friends, but it's time to let her go. She fully earned a quality rest.
Let the new generation reign. This is the age of Zen duo now. We will know their names soon, but for now let's just retire Amada by holding a proper send-off party for her.

P.S.
Official anthem of AMD Zen:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZVaJH8pWnWk

Other urls found in this thread:

hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/114518-amd-reveals-ryzen-3-2200g-ryzen-5-2400g-specs/
techpowerup.com/240012/g-skill-releases-worlds-fastest-64gb-4x16gb-so-dimm-kit-at-ddr4-3466-cl17
youtube.com/watch?v=gvy0ymE3JrY
youtube.com/watch?v=VNjkDoYZYjU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ne at

i will buy myself 2400G
also ae there laptops with 2200U yet ?

2200U is the 100$ APU, I guess it's going to be released either immediately alongside 2500U, or slightly later after it.

what ?
isn't 2200U a mobile apu ?
that's why i was asking about laptops

I just bought a Ryzen 5 1600

Was I stupid?

depends
did you bought rest of PC components ?

yes, whole new toaster

You're mistaking 2200U for 2200G.
2200U is a notebook mobile APU, while 2200G is literally updated 1300/X with integrated vega graphics added. 2200U and 2500U are Raven Ridge, purely mobile APUs. 2200G and 2400G are not Raven Ridge, but "RyZen APUs". Not same thing. 2200G can be used both in a mobile and a desktop, while 2200U will be only in notebooks. U series are tiny-ass APUs with 15~45W TDP stones, while G are fully sized RyZen CPUs with just vega video integrated in the places of previously badly binned disabled modules (remember - ALL mid and low tier RyZen CPUs are technically 1800X, with just disabled modules due to worse binning. This makes it much easier and cheaper for AMD to produce a lot of CPUs across the entire pricing line, that's why AMD has massively great yields). They're literally just putting vega cores in the place where there were disabled badly binned RyZen CCX/core modules before, with G series. U series are not like that, as they're made somewhat differently and from scratch.

the i guess it wasn't
it would be if you'd only bought a CPU

Not really. You're fine. Just always remember that Zen is fully backwards and forwards compatible, so all you have to do to upgrade to new future stones is just update your motherboard's BIOS and change the stone itself. Yes, some features/wiring/stability will be better on B450 and X470 boards, naturally, but you really won't miss on much as Zen+ is a pretty minor upgrade from 14nm gen1 Zen, in all honesty. The main benefit of going from gen1 Zen to Zen+, is higher stable clocks while sustaining same ~65W thermal and power envelopes, and better stability/support of higher clocked RAM. Other features-wise, it'll be pretty much same as X370/B350.

oh fuck user i know that
i just stated that i will buy myself 2400G for my deskop bulid
and i wanted to know if there is a mobile device with a low TDP apu like 2200U because i want small mobile device for casual work
D830 is a little too bulky

>I wanted to know if there is a mobile device with a low TDP APU like 2200U
Just like I said - they're probably coming out right alongside each-other (2200U and 2500U, as well as 2200G and 2400G) soon, on February 12-th. Look for a Zen APU notebook/RyZen APU on sale after the 12-th hits.

Stop posting this retarded shit, you got called out for it the last times. There is only one RR die and its used for notebook and desktop Produkts.

Where can I buy a Ryzen box that has Amada on the front?

Where can I buy some Amada decals for my new red box?

>autism = the post

Who are you quoting?

Not as autistic as reposting an unfunny pasta that seems to have been written by a 12 year old all the time.

Russian?

That response is almost as retarded as your initial post. Using only one die is positive for AMD.

Intel is really upset

hexus.net/tech/news/cpu/114518-amd-reveals-ryzen-3-2200g-ryzen-5-2400g-specs/ So the 2400G edges out the 1030 desktop cards in 3dmark. But you need fast ram to do it and with current RAM prices that might suck.

Raven Ridge already supports 2933MHz dual-channeled out of the box, so I really don't see how this might be a problem. Expensive? Perhaps. But no stability/support issues like with gen1 Zen. Especially not after this: techpowerup.com/240012/g-skill-releases-worlds-fastest-64gb-4x16gb-so-dimm-kit-at-ddr4-3466-cl17

The 2500u has been out in the HP envy x360 for 3 months

Tell me more about the good business laptops with matte screens these will be available on

No Ryzen 7 2600G with 20-24 CUs and 1050 performance? not worth it

Are you sure? You're not mistaking it for Bristol Ridge (a much shittier APU)? Well, even if it was already released, 2200U wasn't out yet, no?

You need to try harder than just that, kid.
That "1030 performance" is with default (a.k.a. "gimped as fuck") RAM clocks/timings. A faster RAM to that and it'll easily perform like a full sized RX 470 at the very least.

Has AMD, dare I say it, killed low end video cards?

>Bonus topic: Amada's upcoming retirement and AMD's new Wai-Fu sisters welcoming party. It was a good run, friends, but it's time to let her go. She fully earned a quality rest.
Since when? Will Amada really not be with us anymore?
Makes me sad lads.

Not yet...not JUST yet...one more left...just one more gen...one more and it'll all be OGRE. Either Zen+ APUs, or Zen 2 APUs. Not long now. It's coming. It's inevitable.

I'm fairly certain there's no ryzen 7 because they're only doing quad cores.

I sure as hell hope they can get 470 performance, but if you read the fine print, their benchmarks were done with DDR4 3200.

Supposedly that 3dmark score came from 3200mhz RAM, so we can safely say just over 1030 performance is the upper limit of the 2400G. Which to be fair is pretty great for an IGP.

You can play a lot of games at fullHD with that. Personally i'd rather see a NUC-like box featuring the 2700U personally.

>personally
Personally i personally think your opinion is garbage, personally. Personally.

Majority of intel revenue is still in laptops even if growth is only happening in servers

*in comes Ryzen mobile*

nuthin personnel...kid

So they've got new X470 boards coming out for Zen+, but they'll still use the AM4 socket. Will I be able to drop a Zen+ into my B350 board and be able to OC it? Or do Zen+ require a 470 chipset?

Will Ryzen+ be compatible with B350 boards?

Brainlet here, what is so good about apu's? And how does it compare to an Intel processor? I'm curious is all, I am still using an Athlon ii x4 620 and don't need to upgrade just yet.. but I'm thinking about it.

Apu is the best thing of this milleniun, by far.

I'm already preparing to buy one in february.

Can someone recommend me some mini itx mobos to go with am4?

Thinking of making a small form factor build once the desktop apus release.
I have no idea how much cooling it'd need and how to achieve it in a small form. An aio 120/140mm cooler?

Will 8 gigs of RAM (two 4 ones in dual channel) be enough for what a 2400G can do? I don't feel like spending more money on ram than on the chip itself.

>Will I be able to drop a Zen+ into my B350 board
Easily, but...WHY.

>and be able to OC it
B350 has shitty OverClocking capabilities across the board, due to many manufacturers cheaping out on components. Asus Prime and AsRock Pro are somewhat decent, but they lack in other fields.

>Since when?
Amada officially filed for a retirement after gen1 Zen (as in - RyZen 1xxx and THREADRIPPER) came out and turned out to be a massive success. Her last official promotion was a Zen commercial pamphlet on March 26-th of the last year. Since after that, she gone on a quality vacation and a pension, and Wai-Fu sisters, the Zen duo, took over.

6 core are RyZen 5 too, so 2200G and 2400G clearly won't be the only offerings.

Is it safe to assume that such an APU (2400G's 11 Cu Sup Forumse/g/a/) will easily be able to run something like, let's say, Morrowind or Oblivion with best mods/overhauls while fully maxed out in 1920x1080 and with solid 60 FPS? How about Galactic Civilizations II, or X2? Even X3, maybe? First Witcher or Witcher 2 with no Uber? Gothic II maxed? Anachronox? KoF XIV? And what about modern emulation (like Citra, Dolphin, Cemu, PCSX 2, PPSSPP, RPCS 3, etc)? Do you think this will be able to handle that? That's basically the only thing I really want from it, so if it'll be able to pull any of that off - I'm pretty much sold.

plus if you will add a real GPU it's preformance will be even greater

I wonder if the performance increase will justify the extra 70 bucks

Considering you are paying for SMT and beefier GPU, and likely better OC, I guess it's worth it. But can't really judge yet until there are proper reviews.

8 CU Sup Forumse/g/a/ APU is basically GT 1030 +- ~5%, while 11 CU Sup Forumse/g/a/ is roughly full sized RX 470 (4GB). So aim at those for closer estimation.

How's the graphic performance of the new APUs? I'm still using an almost 9-year old PC so I have no frame of reference. Will I able to play some recent games at medium settings?

>Zen Apu.

Unless it can crossfire with an rx470 I don't give a shit.

>How's the graphic performance of the new APUs?
Watch this:
youtube.com/watch?v=gvy0ymE3JrY
You can literally estimate off of this, as 2400G is literally 1400 with full sized RX 470-equivalent integrated inside. Just always remember that you can get full juice out of it only when you add fast (at least 2933MHz) RAM in the combination. Also - future drivers bound to make experience even better after the initial release.

Naturally it can and it will. AMD is not Inturd.

Still, though
>Multi-GPU in 2018

rip Amada ;_;

She's not dead, you dumb schmuck. She just filed for official retirement and is now on a quality vacation with a high-paid pension. The pic related was her last official promotion work:

I really need a new laptop Sup Forums. I would get intel but after the spectre/meltdown shit I want to get AMD.

I want to wait for the 2300U, seems reasonable for my needs. 4 cores and some graphics for older games is fine for me

How much do you think they'll cost? I have a budget of around 500Euros

I'm going to MARRY Suzanne!

>2018
>I would get Intel

before the meltdown shits AMD had no laptops.

the A series was complete garbage in terms of cpu speed.

>AMD had no laptops
>What is Bristol Ridge

Yes, in comparison with intel .I know I was kinda thinking of getting the A12-9720P, but then I saw the benchmarks and I wasn't satisfied.

That's why I'm waiting for the new ryzens.

>schmuck

yidish is disgusting

I really think you are being a little too optimistic. A 460 is probably the very upper limit

I think it can only only crossfire with GPUs of the same architecture. All previous GPUs have been the same. So only Rx Vega.

New thinkpad with Ryzen 2700U fucking when? I know the A275 and A475 models exist which are just T470/X470 shells with AMD internals. But they're still A8/A10/A12 Bristol Ridge processors. Cmooon Lenovo. Do you not want my money? My T410 is in sorrowful need of a replacement and I have $1500 that needs a home.
>2500U/2700U
>16GB ddr4
>1TB NVME SSD
>1080p IPS non touch screen
>Dual batteries
>USB-C/3.1 all over

Gimme gimme.

All AM4 boards will be compatible with all new AM4 CPUs until 2020

Go to User Bench, if you're so pessimistic.

Crossfire was never restricted the way noVideo was. You can easily pair RX 5xx with HD 7xxx or R9 2xx, for example.

Yes and no. They had to be the same GPU family. A Radeon 7970 couldn't be xfired with an R9-290X for example because one was Tahiti based and the other Hawaii. Yet that same 7970 could be paired with an R9-280X because the 280X was just a rebranded 7970.

RX 480/580 could be xfired with the R9-290/390X because the RX line were just more energy efficient Hawaii chips essentially. Vega however is an entirely different animal, it's use of HBM ram as opposed to GDDR5 aside. If the new APU's are Vega based, I don't see RX xfire working with them. On the bright side, the 2400G shows it has 11 Vega CU's. For reference an RX-550 only has 8 I think.

>They had to be the same GPU family. A Radeon 7970 couldn't be xfired with an R9-290X for example because one was Tahiti based and the other Hawaii.
No, they can. All you have to do is just match speed and amounts of memory.

Reminder that Intel doesn't have Meltdown patched on 32bit Windows and its CPUs will forever be more vulnerable to Spectre than AMD's despite mitigations.

>QT holding 2x2D QT's

Did AMD finally discover their untapped weeb demographic?
Have you done this yourself? Because amount of memory is worthless due to the way xfire works. I had a 7970 6GB model paired with a 7970 3GB model. Whichever card is in the top slot or is primary GPU, that's the amount of VRAM you have for use.

It's similar with how you can xfire an RX 580 8GB with a 4GB of the same model, even if from a different company. The system will still show 8GB VRAM if it's the primary card. You'll just have the faster card slow down it's core clock to match the slower one.

>Did AMD finally discover their untapped weeb demographic?
Intel should counter by using trap boothbabes.

>A world where 2 of the world's leading tech producers fight for customers using a mix of anime, 3D QT's, and traps instead of paying off reviewers

What a time to be alive.

Jim Keller has a real one.

>The power of Zen and aptitude of Jim "contract killer" Keller will have made anime a reality in your lifetime

Best timeline.

I think he just took home the one that AMD was using for marketing, when he left for Tesla. That's why they employ different girls now.

gonna buy zen apu and mine with it.

Which one? Was thinking of that too.

source on zen2 completion?

Go look at Lisa's Twitter. She went out and bought a envy x360 with Ryzen 2500u inside back in November last year. Not sure what hole you've been living in

He's right, they said the design is done in their CES presentation (it should be in the press release too). It means the "at the table" part is finished, obviously the fabbing and yields need to be brought up, yet.

>He's right
I'm just never wrong and never left.

thanks, found it.

The best part of the presentation was this tho.

Bullshit, the 7700K/6700K has better multi-threading than the shitty 1600X
If anything, Intel has brought massive multi-threaded performance in the sub-$300 range with the incredible Core i5-8600K

Bought a Hyper 212 LED with AM4 support out of the box for my Ryzen 1600.
Did I do good?

You made a mistake, because Hyper 212 LED in particular turned out to be pretty shitty (unlike it's previous renditions). It's really not good at all.

He used a Hyper 212 LED Turbo, which has the same heatsink as the 1-fan version. And we all know the second fan doesn't add much.
It's better than my Wraith Spire and it's one of the few that can be mounted horizontally, which is what I need for my small board and hot summers.

youtube.com/watch?v=VNjkDoYZYjU

You are wrogn. First, this slide talks about $200-$250 price segment. There was no 7700K and 6700K in that segment. And furthermore, it shows yearly improvements, and 7700K was ~5% improvement at best over 6700K and 6700K was ~10% improvement over 4790K.

So those were exactly the small incremental improvements on the blue-team side the graph criticizes.

Second, 8600K only came late in 2017, this graph is obviously before that. More importantly, it was only available late in december, in reality, and IIRC it still costs above $250 mostly. So it doesn't really apply.

In the end, cheapish i5-8600K was brought to us by Ryzen, actually, we have to thank the orange bar on the right for that. If it was not for AMD, it would be released in this february, march or april, we would still be on lame 7600Ks.

Sucks that 8600K has no HT though, that kind kills its MT performance.

You should've bought Xilence M504D or I-D Cooling SE 214C. Cheap, but good cooling performance and solid build.

>small incremental improvements on the blue-team side
OH BOY, it's THAT time again, huh? Alright, here we go:

That's some gaming shit influcenced mainly ba fast DDR4 assume. And nobody was talking about gaymus, see the slide: multithreaded performance.

Not saying that game performance doesn't matter, obviously large number of people cares about nothing else, but it is not the topic here and strictly speaking gaming performance and real CPU performance are two very distinct things. For example, take i7-8700K and i9-7980XE (or 1950X). The first dominates in games but as a CPU it is much weaker for obvious reasons.