>Be me, first year computer enineering student
>Have to do a programming project, 20% of the subject
>We had to program the game 'mastermind' in C++
>It has to be presented in pairs
>Great, i wont have to do all the job
>"C'mon user you need to pic the best programmer you know in the class"
>End up with a guy who's been programing 4 years before entering the course
>"Good, this will be easy"
>He makes all the project by himself and sends it to the teacher (who has to check everything works and do his job) without even telling me
>He tells me 2 weeks later before i had finished my part of the project he's done it and that i shouldn't care anymore
>Yesterday grades for every subject came out, i failed programming for not presenting the project
>Mfw he didn't put my name in it
>He automatically failed himself as well

Is this what the tech world is about? Because its ben only 4 months and i'm starting to hate it

Other urls found in this thread:

mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>take programming 101 course
>pretty difficult
>fail
>find out the class has a 40-60% failure rate
>take it again next semester
>ace it up to midterms
>after midterms it gets extremely difficult and fast-paced
>squeak through with a C

I'm not even in this for programming, I just want to do networking stuff, get my CCNA, etc. Is C++ just an inherently difficult language to learn or something?

op here, its been my firts year programming and i dont find it very difficult, but learning from scratch and having to take exams and do tests makes it a bit more stressful and maybe harder that if you learn it at your rithm i guess

it's too big. don't aim to learn all the things it has, learn the basics and then learn needed details while working on problems. another problem is that you can't really differentiate between basics and language details at this stage. that's why i don't recommend it to complete newbies. however, you're studying it at uni so you should have a strict program, right? just follow it, it should teach only basics common to all languages. or maybe you have troubles understanding the concepts? if that's so then the problem is not c++, it's you.

so just talk to the prof that you forgot to put your names on, no one will be autistic enough to fail you over this

Daily reminder that only challenging classes / courses with high % of failure rates are worth your time. Education which any lazy brainlet slacker can pass is worthless.

Do your work or go back to
mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/careers.html

> Failing an entry level programming course
Yeah dude, CE is not for you.
Just switch to something else like psychology.

good thing about all this is that i was doing my work and i wasn't doing that bad, if i didn't trust this dude i could have passed perfectly

He was autistic and you too soft for not telling the teacher right away.

>mfw I got my ccna at 18

>psychology
Gender studies
Ftfy

i didnt even know he didn't put my name, what the fuck did you want me to do

To have a success in real world, you need to know how to work with people. School isnt just about hard skills, it is supposted to FORCE you to obtain soft skills as well. Presentations, putting up suit before big exam, ceremonies, how to deal with incopentent, lazy, dumb people and how to recognize your teammate has autism and taking "boss role" into your own hands. Also blindly trusting people you dont know well is sign of stupidity on its own.

Both of you are to be blamed, him for being a smug know it all, and you for trusting strangers with your well-being and not double checking everything

You should've known something was up when he submitted the thing without your approval retard.

You have to lead most people (especially programmers and artists) otherwise it will end in disaster. I ran an international project into the ground at my first year at work because I expected a 35 year old software developer to solve a simple problem in his own time.

Try to talk with your professor about it. Otherwise what said for the future:

>start with a simple project plan
>regularly meet and check progress
>> escalate if necessary
>if you complete a project do a quick review (what was good? what was bad? how can I improve?)

this is true, i know him, i've been with him at some parties and its a cool dude, but i didn't expect him to be THIS retarded

>programming project
>don't do anything
>fail
>WHAT THE FUCK

i'll take this advise, thanks user

Autism: the industry

>I am naive
>I let someone else do all the work, and did not check it
>I let someone else hand in the work, and did not check it
>This is somehow the fault of the tech world.
Hmm...

pair or groups projects in schools are the worst model ever, it always takes way more time than doing it in one night on speed as doing it alone

>it's too big.
this, also some features fight each other

Anytime you have a class where you have to work with other students on a graded project, you immediately drop that class.

>just become a minimum-wage slave duh
>being that autist

Everyone fucks up first assignment at uni. This is the point where you learn this is not a joke anymore and if you won't depend on yourself, you will fail.

I could've too, but I had parents who didn't give a fuck about getting me into any kind of work programs, and was a clueless retard at 18.

Now I'm doing it at 30 after working as a bartender

>was a clueless retard at 18
That's your problem. When you're 18
>parents who don't give a fuck
can't stop you from doing anything. It's literally against the law.

>>He tells me 2 weeks later before i had finished my part of the project he's done it and that i shouldn't care anymore
>>Mfw he didn't put my name in it

Why the fuck would you do that?

It's not about stopping me from doing something and more about giving an actual fuck. That's what parents are meant to do.

If you see your kid struggling, step in and give direction. That's what I never had. I got the opposite of helicopter parents. "Oh you know, just go and like, do whatever". So I went and did "whatever".