He uses a shell other than bash

>he uses a shell other than bash
For what purpose?

Some people use zsh or fish for a few extra convenient features. Personally I dont really see the point. And the BSD bros use the Kourne again shell

I don't even see differences between shells

zsh has faster autocomplete. but my /bin/sh is, by default, a symlink to /bin/bash.

I just like Konsole better.

There is a way to get tab completion for local IP addresses that were resolved via ARP in zsh. In general there's a lot of great tab completion plugins for zsh, including mount points, configed ssh hosts, packages, named arguments including descriptions, tmux sessions, hostnames, or usernames.

Zsh is top tier with extra sparkles

It's always the same. People use zsh for things bash provides but aren't enabled by default for speed reasons.
On top of this, fags call bash bloated and at the same time lacking features.
I wished more people would read manpages when using programs.

is this bait

fish has the most comfy autocomplete.
Using it since years.

Zsh is more fun and has more features and /bin/sh is symlinked to dash because it’s a lot faster.

mosh: the mobile shell

SAP uses csh by default

This.
I use the default fish because it's comfy and I don't have time to fuck around with settings.
But if there's a way to get a bash-compatible shell work the same way I'd use that instead.

Zsh has a couple of more features (by default) that are pretty nice. Built-in support for floating point numbers/math is nice as hell, for instance.

Sup Forums doesnt have bait

Because I use the Windows shell.

I use dash, because bash is bloated as fuck.

Test

B-but what about powershell!

This

terminal /= shell

I use an erland repl with some custom modules as my shell

I use an erlang repl with some custom modules as my shell

>your_terminal -e fish

dash as posix login shell/scripts since its most lightweight and fast
elvish for interactive use since its not a complete garbage

I use DOS

But even with all of its features zsh is still significantly faster than bash.

i used to really like csh customizability but honestly it's all shit

Been using bash forever, then came fish.
I'm quite happy with the latter.

Did you read the manual?

The syntax is horrible.
>; and instead of &&

Are you telling me bash has some sort of --no-bloat flag that makes it faster, that can be found in the manpages? Or are you just trying to shitpost?

I honestly never understood it desu. Same for meme Firefox forks. After a small bit of tweaking, standard bash is perfectly fine.

I'm on bash + tmux and thinking on moving to zsh. Is the grass really greener on the other side?