FreeBSD/Microsoft

Enjoy your botnet.

Microsoft

I seriously don't know why the hell M$ donates to BSDs, maybe they run them on servers.

Azure

everyone talks about how nobody gives back to BSD

CuckBSD soon owned by Microsoft

Oh no

FreeBSD devs won't even accept a god damn ASLR patch after many attempts and months of unresponsive "review" so I don't really think they care much about getting contributions and more prefer to circlejerk around their own code. Too bad, too, because the system does have some things going for it (LLVM, sane init, muh eunuchs philosophy etc)

>one time $10,000 donation from a multibillion dollar company
I'm surprised Microsoft recovered after that.

>one time $10,000 donation from a multibillion dollar company
I'm surprised Microsoft recovered after that.

How about the shit ton of money they donated to the linux foundation

they'll take your money but they won't take your botnet code submissions sorry openbsd faggots gtfo

FreeBSD is run by a cabal of old-timer UNIX neckbeards who challenge all new ideas

funny how openbsdfoundation gets more donations that freebsdfoundation despite no one using openbsd and everyone taking advantage of freebsd

it's called being chicken for breaking backward compatibility, all hardenings do it

>FreeBSD is run by a cabal of old-timer UNIX neckbeards who challenge all new ideas

And use macbooks for their "daily drivers" because they cannot be assed to use their own operating system for everyday tasks lmao.

>here's a nickel thanks for ssh

that was made by openbsd people tho

It just pisses me off to no end that they won't accept perfectly functional ASLR implementations after months of "review". It's either "low quality" or "insufficient security" (of course ignoring the fact that FreeBSD has no security whatsoever), but they'll of course never do the work themselves to bring their OS up to 2009 standards of memory safety. They're seriously worse than the US congress

>funds linux foundation
>funds open source initiative
>funds freebsd
It's over. Microsoft owns us all.

>(of course ignoring the fact that FreeBSD has no security whatsoever), but they'll of course never do the work themselves to bring their OS up to 2009 standards of memory safety.
basically the reason i stay away from *BSD.

HardenedBSD exists for this reason. NetBSD does some interesting security stuff too for example they have their own version of PGP

>Botnet/Botnet
Botnet your Botnet

loving how new this is for the children of Sup Forums

FreeBSD is a tier-1 platform for MS in their cloud service.

FreeBSD is oriented at servers and sometimes embedded systems. FreeBSD developers aren't tryhards who need to use it on everything imaginable, they just use where it makes sense to use it.

Yeah, but why even use it on servers when Linux is better in almost every way apart from GPL and ease of configuration?

>freebsd developers aren't tryhards
Damn if that isn't an understatement!

>>Ford does this bad thing that doesn't affect other car manufacturers
>this is why I stick to motorcycles

>even internal of microsoft dont use windows
why use windows anymore?