Sup Forums confessions

Confess.

I always loved calle calle

I will sage this thread

I actually hate my thinkpad and thinking of buying an aesthetic macbook.

Phones with non removable batteries are demonstrably bad.

Im a normie crossboarder who lurks here hoping to soak up some computer knowledge since im going to school for CS but many of my classmates are less normie than i am. I have a laptop running linux now, so atleast they dont IMMEDIATELY know how much of a normie I really am.

I also got memed with the thinkpad bs. Going to build a custom workstation.

I block my webcam

i acidentely Sup Forums before sorry guys

Fellow normie crossboarder here. Wanted to create optical disc general in here for some time, even made a banner for it, have rare high-speed DVD-RAM discs, but each time I go through the catalog here I realize how normie I am and I just leave the idea.
Is making such a thread a good idea? I'm really interested in digital optical discs, but in no way coding/programming for real like the rest of the board.

Also
>use windows
>made a python program and wasted 70% of the script on "security" part
>programmer friend broke the program in 1 minute with one print()

>get an idea for a program to write
>spend too much time thinking about which language to write it in
>eventually pick one
>my initial interest in the program is gone
>stop working on it
truly suffering

Do it. Ignore the idiots that complain. They don't understand the fact: because they don't use it doesn't mean no one else uses it. Some of them probably wouldn't be able to utilize it if needed (repair, recovering backups, etc.). Not everyone is building a new computer every other month with only bleeding edge tech.

I have W10 and I like it. Also, I have a CCleaner. Fuck you.

i fucked my thinkpad and it doesn't work anymore

I own a 2017 13 inch macbook pro base model and I love every second of using it. Previously a hardcore arch tinkerer.

What did the script do?

>optical disc general
Not trying to shit on you, genuinely curious. What's gonna be there? I don't see a general for flash storage. What am I missing?

I dont know how to use USB cables

Should have gotten a W520

Not having apple products makes me feel superior. Having a thinkpad in a lecture hall full of appledroids makes me feel good.

After 3 years I still have to look up how to install certain software on linux.

I reinstall Linux at least once a week and pretend it's stable and try to get others to use it.

I'm too lazy and incompetent for programming

I'm gonna buy an X1 carbon, because I want a modern computer that's slim over my meme420

I really wish I could quit this place

>being in a lecture hall full of appledroids in the first place

I have an iphone X and I love it despite the fact that /g is telling me to hate it

My thinkpad came preinstalled with linux and I immediately wiped it and installed windows 7. I had no idea what the fuck was going on with linux

Sup Forums made me hate everything
I loved technology, vidya, movies and music
Now I hate all of them

This is what college looks like

4 u

Kek same here. All i do is shitpost now.

>Sup Forums made me hate other minorities
>but im a minority
wtf

I like RGB things.

I had unclean thoughts about installing Windows outside of a VM

I hide all "Confess" threads

No stubs.

[Catalog] element also blocked with uBlock so I have no way to see any hidden threads again.

Really enjoying Classic Sup Forums

If you hide them, then how did you get here?

how are you hiding it if you are here right now

Great story chap.

I'm sorry, what's wrong with your Thinkpad, sir? Which model?

I have a librebooted T400 but I really only use my botnet T460s

I prefer phoneposting

Me desu

I regret building a gaming PC, I'm too dumb to play games, now I have the machine mining cryptos, I get two to four bucks a day.

A simple cipher program. It works basically like Vigenère cipher - when you input a password and a message, the script starts going through the text and shifting the value of the characters by the value of corresponding character in the password, it operates with 255 symbols, excluding first 32, but unlike a basic 255-symbol Vigenère cipher (which would often return text that is hard to manually write down or use in some games/old software/old file systems/websites with filters due to all special characters), it breaks the "alphabet" into several parts, where the characters can only be shifted into one another, i.e. a lowercase English letter will never be encoded into an uppercase one or any other symbol. same applies to uppercase, space + numbers, several groups of extra characters.
Also, the script allows you to do different things based on your "key" in data.txt
If you have a standard key there, the program will encode everything in a dumbed-down version of the real script. If you somehow get a full key, it finally starts working and if you happen to have a dev key - you're even allowed to mess around with data.txt and the other reference file with the keys. Also, if data.txt gets """damaged""" (edited by retards), the script erases self.
Uhhhhhh. Imagine something like headphone general.
In fact, there are many topics to talk about that are associated with discs.
>do they actually last 30 years
>Is Sony more HQ than TDK in making discs
>various disc issues
>how to burn an hd movie to a dvd
>best disc burning software

I'm actually an indian immigrant on an h1b visa. And yes my title is software engineer.

I support net neutrality

I had rgb shoes when I was a kid.

NICE BLOG FAG

not that user, but what the fuck else is this thread for?

I haven't bought a new cpu since 2009
I haven't upgraded my ram at all since I built it in 2009
I haven't bought a new gpu since 2014
I never liked Intel chips
I think gahnoo shlash leenucks is a meme but it at least has some sort of purpose, I dualboot fedora 24 but hardly ever use it
I use a 120GB iPod classic every day for music
I don't own a cell phone

Also thinking about replacing my X250. Too small, unusable touchpad.

T470s I have at work isn't much better.

I like you.

god, this. can't stand a phone that doesn't let me remove the battery. oh, and the V20 sucks asshole

I called the GNU operating system Linux.

Sadly most phones nowadays have a non removable battery

I called the Linux operating system GNU/Linux.

I think that Windows 8.1 was too far ahead for its time and fags destroyed it because they simply couldn't adapt to the better and most efficient way of using a computer.

Now all we get is the abomination called Windows 10 which is a Frankenstein's monster of an OS.

I called windows operating system ios

I like Thinkpads in theory but I find them to run hot, go through batteries too fast and they have horrid displays which I find really hard to live with after owning an rMBP for 3 years.

I don't OC anything I downgrade them far near default

I've a very well paid job in megacorp, but I post as I'm still in Uni and hate on every non-NEET.
I had T520 laptop. I gave it to my mother and she installed Windows on it.
I'm with MacBook Pro now.

I don't know any programming language

I use Windows 10

same

I don't use https while on this site.

Every fucking time for me

i cant write fizz buzz

I'm using i3wm on Ubuntu because I don't like setting drivers and other annoying shit and because I want to enjoy my rice.

Dont shame brother, imageboards are no different from Whatsapp

end it all now

This. I upgraded from an iPhone 5C and it's simply a marvel. If you are going from a 7 to the X you might not be as impressed with it though.

I unironically use gentoo but use a normie iPhone x

I have appropriated 3 old laptops from work, and have my eye on another one. In my defence, they were being thrown away. The greatest crime in this is that I have installed Windows 10 on every single one.

I'm with you on this. It's taken them until now to reimplement placeholder files in OneDrive, and they still don't work as well as in 8.1

Using WhatsApp because I don't want to be a complete social outcast.

I still use lilo. Just recompiled a fresh version the other day.

nothing wrong with that

if it works dont fix it

Fuck, I remember this shit. How the fuck did they manage to fuck this up? It was ready, they just needed to port the code or whatever.

i fugged your mom

I pronounce "git" "jit"

I steal all my codes from github and no one has ever caught me yet

Canadian here
Isn't trump going to btfo all h1b fags?

i uninstall windows 7 for windows 10 and I'm proud of it

all memes aside, the multi-touch on the macbook will change your workflow and make you hate every other laptop on the market for being so far behind.

This. I only remember one class where everyone got their computers out (I lasted two months in college) and in a class of 24, 12 computers were macbooks. Meanwhile I had good old pen and paper because fuck your rules

i still use windows

I use pen and paper when possible as well, it makes remembering easies.

S- s- same here.I have WSL installed, as well.

i create confess threads on Sup Forums

It's like no one else has figured out how to make a trackpad. One of the things apple got 100% right.

I lurk confess threads on all kinds of boards just to be astonished by the level of empathy and understanding in them
look at and the replies, no mention of apple shills, fagbook, etc, everyone is civil and sympathetic
>mfw neonazi altright frogposting botnet anonymous internet forum is more tolerant than lefties could ever hope to be
truly boggles the mind

i use an iPhone 4

Fuck.. This hits hard homes

absolutely nothing wrong with that

i have a iphone 6s and still carry my JB 4s around so i canuse ifile webserver and torrent on public wifi and listen to its 64gb of 64kbps opus i loaded on to it...

I own a Thinkpad 25.

I still use wangblows for gaymin. I have to drag myself to learn more about GNU+Linux but I can't get too carried away or else I'll get too involved and ignore my work. I was taught to touchtype in elementary school but never paid attention and now I wish I did. I prefer 4:3 and 5:4 screens and CRTs. I once smoked in front of my computer while drunk off my arse. I fantasize about fucking this one woman I know so hard that she ditches her mac. I prefer bigass return keys. I brought a mechanical keyboard with cherry mx blue clone switches to the library at college very often and sat at a computer right outside the "silent area" and when asked to not use it, I said I had a disability and needed the audible feedback, then they fucked off. I still use floppy diskettes.

Same.

I don't. He sounds like a fucking faggot.

bought an arduino to drive a single RGB LED

I hate Sup Forums shit. I decided to get a cs degree because I didn't want to try medschool and I had no passion toward anything. CS just seemed like an easy job so I went with it. Security sounded fun so I went there. But it's not fun and I hate every second of it. But I have nothing else I really want to do and id probably be miserable anywhere I went so I just keep at it.

I see these guys always being so excited about shit and working on random projects for fun and I wish I enjoyed this as much as they do.

i shit on things like discord on threads but i secretly use them because its the only way to talk to my friends :(