>2018
>buying a processor released in 2012
Should I buy the FX 8350?
Also: should I paired whit a GTX 1060 ti?

the FX stands for Furnace Xtreme
Anything before ryzen isnt worth it

I need to buy a ryzen 7 to get something better than that

I remember the FX 8350 being pretty decent. Not sure if it's a good value nowadays

I got mine in 2016 and paired it with an RX 470 4GB, and I've had no issues. It handles everything I throw at it and I can also game max settings 60 fps in nearly all games at 1080p.

Sorry, I got the FX 8370 not the FX 8350. Also, the Wraith cooler is a beast.

I have an 8350. It's a good CPU, it's better than most people say, trust me.

I can confirm. Plus it's only getting better as things are starting to be optimized to use more cores.

Its not bad and it costs what? 70$
you may be able to find some nice cheap ram to go with it too

wont be bad, expect it to be above a 4 core i5 in some situations and below a pentium in others

>I remember the FX 8350 being pretty decent. Not sure if it's a good value nowadays
Nah they weren't a good value back when they were released (unless you got one for way under msrp).
>Should I buy the FX 8350?
What are your other choices? Is there a reason that you're avoiding an equally aged intel cpu, if yes then buy which fx 83xx xpu you can find that's the cheapest, and overclock/underclock it to your desired speed/voltage.

One thing I liked about them was ecc udimms, and my fx build had them (until I sold the ram).

8370 is slightly better, but I think still good.
Thanks yous

What the hell is wrong whit the captcha? I'm done helping the google AI

>Is there a reason that you're avoiding an equally aged intel cpu
I'm a brainlet at this things and finding the correct information is a pain in the ass. I could go for the fx 9k series but that 220 hurts in my budget

Don't bother unless you're getting it and a good board for it for an insanely good price. Ryzen beats it in every single metric.

t. Guy who had an FX-6300 at 5.0ghz and an FX-9370 @ 5.6ghz and now recent R7-1700X owner.

My 3.6ghz clocked Ryzen stomps my 5.6ghz 9370 at less than 1/3rd the power usage and a $40 air cooler. It's not even a competition

>R7-1700X owner.
I can't afford that.

>I could go for the fx 9k series but that 220 hurts in my budget
I believe that a 3.2ghz+ 4c/8t sandy/ivy bridge, and newer intel cpu outperforms the fx 9590 at most things. So something like a xeon e3 setup that has high ghz would be good if you needed ecc, but if you already have the motherboard that can take an fx 9590 then it would probably be cheaper overall to get the cheapest fx 83xx cpu, and overclock it. Also gtx 1060 6gb are nice, but try not to pass up a modern amd gpu if you can find one for near msrp especially if you have a 10/30bit capable monitor.

Compared to that Fx chip even a r3-1200 would be a great upgrade. I believe the 1200 has 3.5 times the compute of the 8350.

Then get an R3-1200 for $100 and a cheap B350 for $65-$70. Cheap ddr4 2x4GB kit for sub $80.

There are way more cons than there are pluses of getting an FX system in 2018. Again, only a last ditch option if you're getting the 8350, kick ass board for it, and ram for like $150 total.

These anons have good points. If you can't go ryzen maybe try old intel unless you already have the hardware to take an fx cpu, and want to spend as little as possible by upgrading just the cpu.

>buyinhg a bullfail
>2018

Stop being a retard! Buy a Ryzen!

Technically the 8350 is pile driver, not bulldozer. However neither is very good. Ryzen is still the superior option in every aspect.

Ok, now I am seriously considering ryzen 5 1600. Anyway, fx 8350 can'y nr that bad

>Then get an R3-1200 for $100 and a cheap B350 for $65-$70. Cheap ddr4 2x4GB kit for sub $80.
>$245/$255
see
I could go for the fx 9k series but that 220 hurts in my budget
>$220 hurts user's budget

the FX line is better left forgotten, go with ryzen

220 watts lol. If I go whit that, I must change my power source.

>$220
I thought user was referring to the price of the CPU alone. $220 isn't nearly enough for anything substantial.

Unless they go with an old as fuck Xeon and 1366 motherboard. Still tight though. I'd advise to just save more then OP. Keep using what you got until you can afford at least an R3-1200 based system. Why spend $220 on old garbage when you could spend $300-ish another 2 weeks from now on newer and better stuff?

it was strictly ok, back in the day
if u were in the budget market perhaps do the r3, or intel w/ddr3

not just better, substantially better

ryzen 1200 is faster and better and cheaper