So I see you're running gnome. I am actually on KDE myself

So I see you're running gnome. I am actually on KDE myself.

That's cute, I use XFCE

KDE is BaeDE

>XFCE
It's not an abbreviation, dumbfuck

Almost all modern cultivated varieties (cultivars) of edible bananas and plantains are hybrids and polyploids of two wild, seeded banana species, Musa acuminata and Musa balbisiana. Cultivated bananas are almost always seedless (parthenocarpic) and hence sterile, so they are propagated vegetatively. They are classified into groups according to a genome-based system introduced by Ernest Cheesman, Norman Simmonds, and Ken Shepherd, which indicates the degree of genetic inheritance from the two wild parents and the number of chromosomes (ploidy). Cultivars derived from Musa acuminata are more likely to be used as dessert bananas, while those derived from Musa balbisiana and hybrids of the two are usually plantains or cooking bananas

I sense that these savages actually need to use a desktop environment.

i use XFCE

I see you're posting Sneed, I'm more of a Chuck man myself.

its pronounced as exface right?

Only reason I am using gnome is because I am learning linux through a textbook and they are using gnome..it is just easier to have the same desktop environment...why would anyboyd pick gnome on their own?

Unity was so much better than gnome.

Executive running Linux, heh? If you actually did you could tell that I'm running XFCE(X-FACE), you
sadistic homosexual faggot.

Isnt that the feminazi girl?

I use Deepin

Wrong. I'm using lumina which is based on qt

You haven't experienced kde until you replace kwin with awesomeWM

Old laptop I use i3 (struggles with full DE). Desktop, I use gnome. It sucks ass, but I've never had to spend any time fucking with it. XFCE was more functional when I used it a few years ago, but I constantly needed to adjust things and smaller utils (teh unix whey) and also was tempted constantly to waste time ricing it, because it was so flexible. Gnome looks and acts like shit no matter what you do, so it saves me time. No worries about choosing a panel, adjusting behavior, dmenu config, etc. gnome is so obtuse you set it up once and that's it forever.

How is KDE in this regard? I've never tried it but the clock ([K]lock) and all the K- branded apps are disturbing. Looks slick though and I thought I heard it was more lightweight now

>init: systemd
stopped reading there

systemd is great faggot.

>2018
>not using EXWM

Well maybe you didn't spent whole fucking week trying to fix one of the servers when systemd thought it would be nice to fuck everything up and you have no idea why

Crossface

I tried Gnome, and then I switched to KDE because of your shitposts
Thanks lad

>Blaming systemd for something you overlooked...

Yeah, okay bud. Do better.

>no idea why
Maybe you should stop using computers at all. At least stick to apple fisher price os.

KDE plasma 5.x is pretty lightweight. The ram hog meme comes from the 3.x and 4.x releases. On a cold boot, plasma takes less than 400 MB ram on my thinkpad x230t. I do have an SSD and 8 gb ram on that machine though.

>I am learning linux through a textbook and they are using gnome.. it is just easier to have the same desktop environment
okay jesus crisht proof that this is not the year of desktop linux
What Fucking Textbook