Based on Ubuntu with Pacman

Is 2018 the year of the linux desktop?

youtube.com/watch?v=1yJ616nV-jQ
nxos.org/

but why

looks okay

> somebody decided to merge ubuntu with arch
Other than that it's pretty ok for a new user. (would not use it though)

so manjaro then?

Mac OS for poor people

oh damn this actually looks pretty nice
website is a fucking pain to navigate though, who thought this was a good idea

Yeah, this kind of websites are pure cancer, glad they're becoming 'obsolete'

no access to AUR, so what's the point?

what a shitty unusable website, so is it a frontend for dpkg or using pkgbuild

In guessing their DE is a mess that won't work outside their distro, like Pantheon

Explain please

i don't want to spend my time reading about another ubuntu flavor, so could somebody waist their time and tell me how does it differ from other distros?

It doesn't. Well they have some special snowflake KDE fork that's a glorified theme

>Made with

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Jesus christ you freetards, enough with these shitty repackaged distros. How many times are we going to reinvent the wheel?

Everybody wants to be "the one". I'm stuck waiting forever for some huge corp to drop like 400 mil and develop a competent open sores OS/distro made by actual competent devs. Of course it will never happen

Chrome OS?

Getting it as we speak.

>browser OS
No thanks

You mean botnet/gnu/linux

Open sores botnet would be fixable

Sudo apt-get doesn't work in this

you mean like android

Yes. Roms exist

Sadly it's not gonna happen any time soon.

I just gave in and started using vanilla gnome on Arch, as shitty as gnome is it at least has a semblance of integration and consistency since everyone seems to target it now.

>Roms
sorry but i'm not a poor brown person

OK but they still exist