How long can Nu-Apple coast of the brand Steve Jobs built? When Jobs was alive, Apple commanded the market...

How long can Nu-Apple coast of the brand Steve Jobs built? When Jobs was alive, Apple commanded the market. iTunes was a product everyone else emulated. The iPhone changed the way cell phones look to this day. The iPad basically created the tablet market. Since Jobs died, Apple seems to be playing catchup with fucking everything.

>Bezel free phones are cool? Okay let's push one out that's shitty and overpriced
>People like the echo? Well let's make one of those and it will probably be overpriced and lack functionality
>People are wearing fitness watches? Let's make one that's awful

How long until people realize Apple is a fucking joke?

Apple is on a good way.
Not for the average consumer, but for those who give a shit about privacy and avoid any other big data tech company, wether it's Google, Facebook, Microsoft or Amazon.

They really, really suck at designing good products since Jobs died, he would have fired the designer who came up with the notch on the spot.
Now, they still want to still really expensive devices, and their market niche is now privacy and longevity, the things that really matter in a fucking smartphone.

I'm using Copperhead OS now, but I'll probably switch to an iPhone once my Nexus 5X stops receiving updates.

great, another portable ghetto blaster

>HomePod
What a terrible name.

I'm greatly annoyed as a poweruser that Apple is on a privacy bend (good for them) but still refuses any form of openness or customization. And iPhone is worthless without subscribing to the entire toxic Apple ecosystem of iTunes and MacOS.

For more advanced tasks that's true, but there are also some pleasant surprises. like the ability to create encrypted offline backups using libimobiledevice.

Privacy only matters if you get harassed, sent to prison or have your identity and money stolen, if none of that never happens to you it literally doesn't matter at all.

How's your first month at the NSA treating you?

>applel
>privacy
Pick one.

Apple will subsist on its diehard fanbase for a while, but they're already losing people.
>Huge prices on all current macs
>Divide between useless 1portbook and premium thunderbolt that's pointless for most people
>Shitty new failure prone keyboard has infected both
>Software in the shitter with both OSX and iOS
>iphone 8 is the 6sss but less durable
>iphone x is an ugly s8 clone with emojicamera meme
They're losing their reputation of "just works" and innovation really fast.

>AnonHQ.com

Nice source, conspiraloon

Meanwhile in reality:
>Jackson also stressed that the company only provided the data when it was legally required to do so, such as in response to a warrant or a court order or other legal action.

This is the iPod all over again. Launching into an already crowded market, at a higher price point, with less features.

And guess what? It'll still succeed. Because despite being behind everyone else in specs and costing way more, it has the Apple name, and likely will be more pleasant to use than it's competitors. I've hated Apple pretty much since they made the switch from PPC to Intel, because that's when they really started charging more than the hardware was actually worth, but the fact remains that their software and hardware provides a consistent and pleasant user experience that some d-bags would call "premium", and it makes people feel like their purchase was justified. The homepod will be no different, it'll have an experience that is unlike anything else when you use it. And people *will* spend the $700 to buy a pair of them even though they're not going to get stereo output through multiple units until "later this year through a free software update", especially because it'll operate seamlessly within the Apple ecosystem.

Face it, as long as Apple zealots exist, the company will keep churning out bullshit and they'll eat it up and defend it to more tech savvy consumers as "you just don't get it", and they'll be right: we don't. We aren't willing to sacrifice value and specs just for a brand and UX.

>This is the iPod all over again. Launching into an already crowded market, at a higher price point, with less features.
wow okay. Altho when the iPod came out all portable players were absolut shit and had space for one album at a time. You know, before modern size flash storage was a thing?

Apple has lead in user interface since the beginning of time. That's their thing, too, that and seamless integration of software, hardware and the Apple ecosystem. It's pretty amazing really.

Really all the downside to Apple is how ridiculously forbidden and closed their products are, even the computers these days, let alone phones, it's really disgusting. The price tags I can take I guess altho I buy all my Apple things used or phasing out, but the inability to fix them when they break is beyond me.

>MacBook Air 2015 and iPhone 5S masterrace.

Happened with the iPhone 5 to 5C and 5S. Moving all production from the last generation to the next. Tech "journalism" at its finest.

Also I should say that Apple buyers take pride in the Designed in California by Apple. ThinkPads already exist and all other companies are spewing out shit let alone Windows 10 which is a nightmare that shouldn't exist. Samsung phones are hideous and all others are spewing out shit, plus Andoird phones always come out bloated because the manufacturers decided to fill the OS with their >proprietary apps.

The feeling of cleanliness on an Apple product is fucking Zen man. No it's not worth the money, yes your ThinkPad will do the job in the same time for third the cash, but I want an Apple logo on the back of my laptop lid based on the track record of the company.

And yes they're going downhill. Not on the iPhone X thou, that thing's beautiful unlike Samsung S8, jesus. But on the Macintosh market they don't care about the consumer anymore and they build horrible machines that can't be fixed and cost ridiculous amounts of money considering what they offer, even when we even out the Win10 vs MacOS performance difference. There is no entry-level MacBook in existence now, for instance. There used to be the Air but it's phasing out now, they're even practically hiding on their website even tho it's still in production and more powerful then the MemeBook 12'' because they want you to buy the new thing for far more money. Seriously, one single USB-C (not even Thunderbolt 3??) on a fanless 1.1GHz machine for $1300? Count me out for good.

And yeah, glued batteries. Makes me physically sick.

Apple has tons of great software developers and engineers, they will be better off than MS in 10 years, which is run by pajeets.

Im willing to give Apple a shot if they
>admit defeat on their failed decisions like the 3.5mm headphone jack, or the removal of Touch ID
>finally open up their platforms more, there's no reason you can't use Terminal on iOS just like you can on OS X
>stop constraining you to shitty iTunes
Currently looking at their lineup i like the way the iPads are going the most, especially the distinction between the cheap mainstream model and a "Pro" model, them finally emphasizing multitasking, file management and other things many have begged for for years and so on. If they don't fuck up too badly in the coming years i can see Apple becoming a tolerable company.

The Apple Watch is literally the wearables market now, I see them everywhere

>admit defeat on theird decisions like the 3.5mm headphone jack, or the removal of Touch ID
And everyone followed on it, I am kind of ok with it as long as headphone manufacturers do it, and they do, since you won't lose anything besides that rare occasion of both charging and using headphone jack or some dongles. Removal of Touch ID seems as retarded as a removal of mag safe but for example my norman the father (who bought X for prestige before it's official release here) really likes camera log in and no button due to sweaty palms, plus it gets cold here enough for gayphone not to recognise your finger anymore. Notch tho, can't stand it.
>finally open up their platforms more, there's no reason you can't use Terminal on iOS just like you can on OS X
It would be nice but behind several metal doors so norms won't blow their phone up, but I don't think it will happen.
>stop constraining you to shitty iTunes
Muh eco system, but I don't know why they ruined it so hard I only use it for back up and really it's a bloated piece of shit.

The 3.5mm i can maybe get behind, i read some post of a supposed Apple engineer who explained that the hole is a collapse risk as the walls get extremely thin surrounding it, and it having some other unobvious downsides.
However im convinced that the rumors are true about Touch ID originally being planned for the iPhone X, and them then having to rush it out and ditching it entirely. Now they have to stand behind that "decision" because Apple never does anything wrong and so on. Face ID is nice, but both would be much better. Notch is ugly as fuck as well.
>several metal doors so norms won't blow their phone up, but I don't think it will happen.
Yes, it wouldn't even have to be officially announced as some big feature, just give me some "developer mode" option or some shit and be done with it. They would have nothing to lose with it.
>a bloated piece of shit
I hate the way i have to manage my music seperately for iTunes to sync it to the point where i barely use it anymore. It's such a piece of shit and ever since i don't own a Macbook anymore, i have to deal with the purposefully crippled Windows version which is even worse

The original source is Wikileaks you street shitting iToddler, anonhq is using them as a source.

the only street shitter here is you pajeet, please read the actual wikileaks article before exposing yourself as a cock breathing retard
Apple, just like every other american company, releases data that they're legally required to. However, they're not able to unlock iPhones, decrypt iMessages, or unlock an icloud account.
the point of the wikileaks page is that apple releases internet logs, ip addresses, etc. ^_^q

Steve's death was the best thing to happen to Apple. He was going insane and was fucking everything up. He started something great, now its time for Jony Ive and the rest of relatively sane Apple to carry on doing things.

Every single fucking Apple post here now is praising jobs. You people will do ANYTHING to bash Apple even if it means praising STEVE FUCKING JOBS who's praise would probably earn you a 3 day ban years before. Were you even fucking here in 2010, did you even see this board's reaction to the iPad? No, you weren't and didn't Fuck off, retard. Apple is in the best shape its ever been in. Jobs grew more insane by the day. His career was full of flop products. He just happened to die when all the major new product categories were already carved out for the tech capability we currently have. Best believe though, Jobs left a 20 year roadmap, at least. Apple knows his eventual grand vision. They've got ideas for literal decades, they're just waiting on the tech to mature. If you don't realize that, you're fucking retarded.

>applel revealed to be the same as any other NSA owned corporation
>"B-B-BASED APPEL DEY DU N BE OWNED BY NSA"
>people provide proof that apple is owned by NSA
>"B-B-B-BUT ERRYONE ELS IS TOOOO"

The state of iToddler damage control.

I pointed out that they give out basic metadata but still can't unlock encrypted devices or services. This is an American website, learn English or stop posting pajeet

>Jony Ive and the rest of relatively sane Apple
topkek

Can you explain this Rebbit meemee to me please?

Need to kick it in gear.

>"""""""""""""""""sane""""""""""" Apple

I own the iPad Pro and pencil and they're both pretty good :3 you can charge the pencil with a lightning to pencil adaptor that comes with it for free ^_^ also I own AirPods so no earbud dongle :3

Kill yourself.

Sup Forums is 18+, redditor

wow you're really mad, please take your meds

He's right though.

I'm old enough to be posting here though. I just like using my iPad pro in college and AirPods are pretty nice desu

>owning fruit themed toddler toys
Sup Forums is 18+, iToddler