pastebin.com/Bs5kyfLZ
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/NiCfGaW7
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/e3yMyn6F
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

PT

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Bloomberg-STB100-Financial-Trading-Keyboard-with-Fingerprint-Scanner-Used-/253369255621?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=47300&meid=7e71f3ee1dbc47eba309c7d5ef2578c1&pid=100623&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=132468542297&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=%2Fb8AJ%2BfyszgOyy1gpsPd4hWPpvk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
imgur.com/a/EQltr
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for SSK

>no super

for what purpose?

The IBM Model F is the best keyboard, it's just a fact, if you can't accept it then I don't know what to say.

>Location
Europe
>Form Factor
Full
>ANSI / ISO / Other
ANSI
>Switch Preference
MX Brown
>Budget
€90-140
>Backlight / RGB
No
>Extra
Must have volume keys, don't mind fn
Also going for the no-gamer look

Ducky One or One 2

convince me not to buy a ducky miya pro

What is without a doubt the best mechanical leyboard that has ever existed? Ibm, topre?

IBM made the best keyboards.

>buckling spring membrane/capacitive
>buckling rubber dome capacitive
>mechanical

CZ's are garbo gats get a glock

Topre. IBM almost bought them too, but they then had to sell a bunch of their shit to lexmark. That's why the first topre keyboards were all IBM

So I work in finance and pic related is the current Bloomberg keyboard. It is an absolute pleasure to work and code with. I would pay mad money for one with similar keys for my home machine. Anyone know some similar keyboards?

Are you saying they're not mechanical?

Just got a GK64

why not just buy that same exact keyboard if you love it soo much? or are you looking for a mechanical keyboard with a similar layout?

I am looking for a keyboard that has similar feel. But the Bloomberg keyboard goes for around USD 300, way more than its likely worth. Even on ebay they go for above USD 200. They layout is irrelevant, I dont need the colored additional buttons and fingerprint scanner.

just wait and buy one on auction like
ebay.com/itm/Bloomberg-STB100-Financial-Trading-Keyboard-with-Fingerprint-Scanner-Used-/253369255621?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=2&asc=47300&meid=7e71f3ee1dbc47eba309c7d5ef2578c1&pid=100623&rk=5&rkt=6&sd=132468542297&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=%2Fb8AJ%2BfyszgOyy1gpsPd4hWPpvk%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

If you wanted a similar feel then why are you in a mechanical keyboard general? if you wanted a membrane over rubber dome keyboard then go to goodwill and try out one that feels as close as possible to it, maybe a thinkpad keyboard will do

I wonder, if you take the keycaps off can you stuff all the peanuts into that keyboard

can someone confirm that this is on the Vortex ViBE default layout?

i have a razer black widow v2 i think its pretty good

Capacitive and membrane are not mechanical

They're mechanical.

Having springs != mechanical

If buckling springs aren't mechanical then mechanical keyboards don't exist.

>Falling for obvious bait

Can you be more specific? There are several types of buckling spring keyboards, some of which aren't actually mechanical.

Model M USB master race reporting

>membrane keyboard
>master race

If my PCB accepts normal through-hole LEDs, is there some way to maintain LED lighting with switches designed for SMD LEDs? I want to swap Cherry Browns to Kailh BOX Whites.

switches designed for SMD LEDs are literally the same switch just clear. You'll have no problem switching between them

I know I can swap switches. Read the previous post again, I'm asking about LEDs.

Yes they do, they're keyboards that have metal contacts within the switch which touch and allow current to flow through.

Membrane and capacitive do not, ergo they are not mechanical.

The switches are mechanical

Install 1.8mm LEDs to PCB, put Box switches over top, position LEDs, solder them, solder switches.

yes you can use through hole LEDs on SMD LED switches, that's why I said you can switch between them.

Model F USB*

Except Model F switches are capacitive, Model M switches are membranes and Topre switches are capacitive. All not mechanical switches.

Thanks, I didn't know that 1.8mm LEDs fit under the switch.

See

>they're keyboards that have metal contacts within the switch which touch and allow current to flow through.
That's literally what the model F does

Except it doesn't, the keyboard instead senses the level of capacitance between the PCB and the contact on the hammer.

You're an actual retard

Just make sure you install them low enough that the click bar can still function. Too high, and it'll get caught on the top of the LED, stopping the click.

and it does that by allowing current to flow through

you seem to think that because a keyboard is capacitive it can't be mechanical, well you're wrong. All what mechanical keyboard really means is that there are two metal objects coming in contact with each other to register a signal.

Where do you buy cool looking cherry mx keycaps?

Looking around a bit, it seems that 2x3x4 LEDs fit too, and I'm already waiting for a 180 pack of various colors of them. This is fine too.

imgur.com/a/EQltr

Looks like the Model F's contacts do actually touch unlike normal capacitive designs, so ok the Model F is mechanical, the M and Topre are still not.

You buy it from GMK or BSP since they're literally the platinum standard. Avoid the chink knockoffs like Gateron or Signature Plastics

No you get OG Cherry Dyesubs

>what is BSP
They still have the original tooling so the quality is the same

>Location
United States
>Form Factor
87 Key
>ANSI/ISO/OTHER
ANSI
>Switch Preference
Topre,MX Red
>Budget
50-150
>Baacklight
White
>Extra
Black metal base with dark keycaps printed preferred if possible

Where can I get keycaps that take those wires inside like shift and spacebar etc. but have a low profile like DSA?

Nah, BSP and OG Cherry have different molds. I dont even know if BSP still make keysets, last GB was done by Imsto and I think he didnt even deliver.

>the typical reddit mechanical keyboard enthusiast.

I sure hope you guys don't fit into this stereotype.

Are Topre keyboards really as good as they say?

I don't, thank fuck

no im not a cute girl or a manlet

I wanna hit that lesbian in the face

What lesbian? Isn't that a boy?

>mom look at my meme keybaord xD

You can't tell the difference between a girl or boy?

>the shine on xirs keycaps
Disgusting

Gender is a societal construct, the definition as well as definitive looks are changing.

About to order some Kaihl Jades. Anything I should know before I check out?

Literally every mechanical keyboard in my country is for gamers, it lacks diacritical keys and even some letters

Nice bait

>diacritical keys

>Something is a social construct
This is the most stupid affirmation i ever seen in my live. Its like telling people that the sky is blue, so what? what do you even mean? why would you point out a blatant truth like that?

dead keys

Actually to colorblind people the sky is grey. Colors are a social construct.

Hey guys? Keyboard on top is my fave and every time I try to press a key it just repeats itself endlessly
I have to use the ugly one. Any ideas on how to fix? Tried unplugging, removing device, troubleshooting...nothings worked.

Why do you always post the same board?

its a ded switch, get a new one

Was IBM the only one to make keyboards with the trackpoint and mouse buttoms?

Which is the cheapest trackpoint keyboard?

the thing is not because something is a social construct its automatically false and has to be replaced with another social construct.
You have to provide people with a new argument and prove it. like for example Einstein did with is relativity theory replacing the old framework with a newer and simpler one

It can be a defective firmware

Maaaaaaaaaaayneeee i just want a keyboard that's backlit and very cheap. Don't care if it's membrane. Any chinkshit keyboards that are cheap and backlit?

literally hundreds. the fact that you're asking that question is enough proof to declare you legally retarded.

Hey fuck you nigger

no thanksm you'd fall in love and I'd fall asleep

how is it, I kind of want one. How is the software? that's the part I worry about.

Actually Einstein is a social construct, I've never seen him in person so he doesn't exist.

You're such a fucking faggot Burt.

Sorry user, here you go.

Why don't more of you post images of your keyboards? These are my two tkls. A cm pbt s with MX silver and a vb87m with gateron brown.

Anyone know where I can get cheap PCBs? Preferably 60% - 95%. The Melody96 looks nice but these group buys charge out the ass for the case and it's usually only $20 for the PCB. Should I just message them and ask if I can buy the board separate?

No one cares about other peoples keyboards

I like seeing interesting boards. A picture of the vb87m is why I bought mine. White chassis with white led is pretty. An anons white hhkb has me saving for one. So at least one person cares

What would happen if I poured a little oil into a cherry linear switch?

what kind of oil?

CZ is great dont get a glocknade

The software is pretty good. Seems reliable and has the ability to change colours / set up macros. The Fn layer is static and cannot be changed.

Wrong pic but was still useful i guess.

Idk, what is the best one I can do that won't fuck my shit up and is a reasonable price?

but the rest of the normal layer is totally programmable?

which one of these is the least expensive?

a hi-point

Yeah. Can assign any key with any value or macro. Even mouse functions can be set