Ask your stupid questions here.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

saintlad.com/install-macos-sierra-in-virtualbox-on-windows-10/
pcpartpicker.com/user/cocoabutter1/saved/h2W8K8
reddit.com/r/Piracy/wiki/megathread
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do I get a cute loli sushi roll?

What's the lifespan of an nvidia reference blower cooler running at 90%+ fan speed?

are there any "Sup Forums stats" sites that show a graph of posts per hour? would be interesting to see how much legacy captcha deprecation has affected it

So I'm looking at tcpdump and im seeing a few flows from IPs that aren't my machine (neither source or destination are mine), is this normal behavior I'm seeing that's meaningless or am I misunderstanding what it is.

What software should I use to reformat a 64GB Sandisk MicroSD card to FAT32?

What's the alternatives to state machines for character controllers in platform games? There are so many interconnected parts and loops that FSM looks like will only increase complexity.

Will it make muh gaymes go faster if I upgrade my ram from 8GB to 16

So it seems to be possible to get a warning from an ISP despite using a VPN. How is that possible and what steps can I take to avoid that? Let's assume that the VPN has a great reputation for not ratting people out.

For now, I turned on a killswitch on my VPN, DNS protection, I already had IPv6 protection on. I also went into my browser and turned off geolocations and some other thing I can't remember right now that websites sometimes use to track that's in about:config. MY VPN is on 24/7.

does civ v work on windows enterprise

No idea what tcpdump shows exactly, but are you in a LAN? Ethernet is usually setup as a bus, so you might be seeing packets destined to other hosts on your network

On Linux, GNOME Disks or Gparted.

Only if you're currently maxing out the RAM you have

Only if you download it from a reputable source

>Booting raspberry pi 2 running nextcloud box
>rainbow screen
>load the sd card onto windows comp to see what's up
>loads two drives, PI_BOOT and SD (E:)
> "You need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it"

What do I do? What was originally on E: anyhow?

Windows pesters you to format disks it can't read, that doesn't mean something is wrong with it

Hang out at grade schools after the parents leave. You figure out the sushi roll part.

What am I supposed to do about the fact it boots into this though?

How do I write a sql query using like for multiple values?
>e.g
>input is "big dog"
>should match "The dog jumped over the big log"
Will using a like query work?

how do i install arch alongside my only computer hehe

should i print the tutorial?

LOOK AT THESE WHORES

what's a good free antivirus software to use, I use free Kaspersky is it good?

How do you tell what famous people say in instagram comments? You find a post, and everyone's @ing a specific famous guy cause he clearly commented, but you click "load more comments" dozens of times and it is still too far up. There has to be a better way, right? Does it behave better if you use the app? So it sorts by who gets the most @s or something?

Check to see if your IPv6 address is leaking. That's the only thing I can think of.

use windows defender thats all you need, dont trust corps.

RUSSIAN BOTNET, DRUMPF

>dont trust corps
t. BILL GATE

Whoops, misread your post. My apologies. I have no idea, then.

Can I run a LAMP stack on my android phone and host tiny rss on my phone?

>RUSSIAN BOTNET, DRUMPF

back too reddit

>Don't trust corps
>Immediately shills for Microcox
Shit b8, friend.

>unironcally installs antivirus instead of using the one thats pre installed
i bet you use avast huh cum guzzla

Nah, I don't like Avast at all, but at least it removed harmful files instead of just instantly removing a fuckton of false flags without even giving me the choice of having them removed or not, like Defender always would do.

Is Vivaldi browser some honeypot bullshit?

Ok so can I take that as a "I should have everything covered" answer?

I'm sharing internet with others and can't afford to fuck them over so I was just trying to make sure that all these steps I've taken will absolutely secure me.

On windows, use Rufus.

why are end users so bad at configuring software or even understanding the fact that an options menu exists
"Your software did a thing I didn't want!"
meanwhile there's a checkbox to change that exact behavior in the options menu

first thing I do when installing new software is look through the basic configuration options

>I'm sharing internet with others
are you sure the love letter was for you and not one of them?

It doesn't look like a related host, the IPs are pretty random.
It's that and what looks like scans maybe both hitting other IPs.

is a 29 inch ultra wide monitor worth it?

Except, at least in Windows 10, Defender is a fucking bitch to get it to stop doing things, hell, it's even a bitch just to completely disable. Your average consumer won't want to go through the trouble and most people with more than 5 brain cells don't want it at all.

also installing software has nothing to do with it as microcox preloads it onto every computer

>10
oh i see
in 7 it is a separate install not included with the OS

explain how this was made and how to recreate it

Is it possible to mine crypto-currency on a console? I'm not a miner, I just honestly curious. An Xbox one S has the same TFLOPS as something like an RX-480 doesn't it? And the system has 8GB if GDDR5 based RAM. Surprised someone hasn't figured out a way to mine with them. For $200-$250 a console, you could build a decently powerful mining cluster for cheap compared to video card pricing these days.

The same could be said for the PS4 as it's similar in power.

>legacy captcha no longer supported

are we back to clicking trees

NO, ULTRAWIDES ARE ALL TOO SHORT IN PHYSICAL SCREEN HEIGHT
VISUALLY CONSTRICTING NARROW STRIP OF SCREEN

AND NONE OF THE NEW BIG FUCKING GAMING DISPLAYS ARE CURVED SO THEIR GAY

Looks pretty aesthetic desu

It's an error screen. Unresponsive and won't progress to anything after.

oh you're just baiting aren't you.

Either you save the tutorial to a text file on your installation disk, or you just use your phone like every normal individual would.
Though I guess if you were normal you wouldn't be installing Arch in the first place.

I'm bridging my laptop wifi to my PC and it was fine, but recently all of a sudden the dl speed has crawled. The dl and up used to be the same, and they still are on the laptop I'm bridging from. My PC has the latest drivers on gigabytes website (AB350 gaming 3) too. No dl activity in task manager either.

How to fix?

Pic

I'm pretty positive but before I didn't have the kill switch and DNS protection on and it happened pretty shortly after I tried downloading an old link to a TV show.

What themes are compatible with this new captcha nonsense?

I can't install any modules in Magisk. I tried looking up this error message but it doesn't come up with anything useful. Does anyone here know the solution to this problem?

All right bois, I have been trying to use virtualbox to get a mac os vm working, however It keeps crashing as soon as I load it, even though I followed the instruction in many guides. Here is the guide I used,
saintlad.com/install-macos-sierra-in-virtualbox-on-windows-10/

The electricity blew out while I was at work evident by the oven/stove time blinking. My internet is going in and out. I just unplugged it and plugged it back in and now it seems stable. Was I ddosed? I’m being serious.

No. Your lower went out and your shitty modem didn't restart correctly

Hey guys, came on here for some advice from somebody who is more knowledgeable on pc building than I am. I'm basically wondering if I should upgrade my cpu to a kaby lake i7 or if I should wait and save until I can afford a top tier mobo and coffe lake cpu.
TLDR; what should I/what would you do to my current pc build.
pcpartpicker.com/user/cocoabutter1/saved/h2W8K8

Comcast sucks man. Also should I do anything to my PC to make sure it runs fine due to the outage?

Where can I download textbooks? The book I need isn't on Pirate Bay.

You can find good mobos for up to $50 less.
Do you want a coffee lake i7, bc an i5 would work just fine

Kaby Lake is outdated, look for Coffee lake (Z370 and I5-8600K).
Get the 2.5" 850 EVO.
Weaker PSU, also avoid corsair.

My internet is now unstable

Yup, also recommended the 8600k. However aren't m.2 ssd's faster? I may be mistaken though.

M.2 is a size format.
There are M.2 SATA and M2 NVMe.
M.2 SATA speed limit is still 600MB/s.

Look for 960 EVO if you want something fast, but SATA SSDs are already fast enough for most stuff, you wont see a huge difference between the too, also M2 SSDs like to get hot.

Anyone familiar with demuxing/remuxing blu-rays? I have a RAW/PCM audio track and i'm wondering if I write the format as .flac if I want to preserve quality?

What was supposed to happen? Just renamed it and tried playing with vlc but nothing happened

The Piracy subreddit has a really good megathread about specific sites for specific needs. Yes, yes, I know Reddit haha funnie fag site ecks dee. Let's drop the circlejerk for a moment because this is a proper fleshed out guide.

reddit.com/r/Piracy/wiki/megathread

Which broswer is the current hotness? Chrome is being a laggy piece of shit and I'm sick of it.

Yes.

Firefox Quantum

I'm on firefox running ublock, how come my update button disappears on https Sup Forums, but not regular?

Streamers used to get DDoS'd when they showed Skype. Resolving Skype names to IPs. Did that get patched?

Sorry man what does this mean? When I switch my cpu to 8700k and mobo to the coffee lake version of my current one I get an odd compatibility warning

Because you need a Z370 motherboard for Coffee lake, not a Z270.

Right that's what I'm saying when I change the mobo to gigabytes flagship mobo for coffee lake I get some weird warning about my ssd

Maybe because it needs a PCIe (NVMe) based SSD probably, could share the link of your new build?
SATA M2 SSDs is mostly for old motherboards and laptops.

Look at this... I feel like a retard man I'm sorry for wasting ur time

Thanks user.

Add a 212 EVO under CPU coolers (Or better like a NH-U14S or NH-D15).
New Intel CPUs (K series only) don't come with one.

And the second warning is because low end motherboards usually disable stuff when you use something, in your case if you use the M2 Slot for anything you will lose 2 SATA3 slots.

Look for ASUS Z370-A.

Okay so I should definitely go with coffee lake and get a mobo that doesn't restrict my ssd

Thanks a lot man

I've got an external HDD here and all I know about it is it was labelled defective. Crystaldiskinfo says it's good, hd tune says all sectors are bad and reports it as 300 gb or thereabouts. Victoria reports pic related so far which seems fine..
What do?

LOOK AT YOUR MODEMS LOGS 192.168.100.1

Best retard proof password manager? I'm looking at dashlane or lastpass.

i need to download a premium only keep2share file that is also 1gb

wat do

I quite like LastPass. Only time I've ever had an issue with it is when I managed to delete a complex password, but support sorted that out. You don't *need* a password manager, but now that I've got LastPass set up I know for a fact my accounts are pretty much bulletproof because each password is a random 24-character string.

It's really fucking roundabout, but you can use Internet Download Manager to bypass sites which have a download limit. You gotta torrent the program I think, and it also looks like it should've been left on Windows 95 but I've not found any other way to do it.

Does the chins even allow this kind of shit?

>should I do anything to my PC
maybe go back in time and plug it into a UPS/surge protector before the outage

also you probably don't have to use the shitty modem provided by your ISP. you can buy your own instead of paying comcast's shitty $15/month 'rental' fee for a $16 value modem/router combo

To add to that, modems are dirt cheap. You can find a proper one at Goodwill 90% of the time.

no you don't
you need to get access to a certain thing, and the first link you found was to a shitty download scam website
look for the file uploaded/shared elsewhere

ten seconds of nothing in VLC

Why is the sun yellow?

What's a decent 1TB HDD for around $100-150

You can get a WD Green 1TB off eBay brand new for about $50. Not exactly a very fast drive, but I've been using it to store games and project files for several years no with zero issues.

where do you live that any 1T HDD is over 50$

thanks lad, was just looking at that exact one by coincidence
im a leaf, and honestly just have 200 lying around and noticed i'm nearly out of space.

Check if the module supports the android version you are on. Then check if you have flashed magisk properly. This won't be easy to get sorted, good luck.