How do you organize your memes?

Images, gifs, webms, pastas, ascii art, and so on. How do you organize it all? Let's find out what the best system is once and for all.
>How big is your collection?
>How do you deal with or check for duplicate images?
>Do you dump it all in one folder or do you organize your files into subfolders?
>If you use subfolders, what categories did you pick?
>Do you use any software for tagging? If so, what? How well does it work for you?
>Do you do any automation to scrape Sup Forums threads for more images to fill your library?

Other urls found in this thread:

nandaka.devnull.zone/tag/pixiv-downloader/
hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holy shit this is sad.

I don't. I'm not a child. I can communicate without resorting to image macros.
I never post images unless they are related to the content of my comment, for example a screenshot.

3 GB.
I don't yet, but I'll probably set up a script to go through and check for duplicate hashes or something. Maybe this already exists somewhere?
>Do you dump it all in one folder or do you organize your files into subfolders?
Subfolders for major categories like pepe or wojak, but a lot of things just end up getting dumped into the root directory.
>Do you use any software for tagging? If so, what? How well does it work for you?
Nope. No tags at all. I wish I had tags.

>the virgin reddit cancer who separates images into folders based on content
>the chad eternal newfag with 10000+ unsorted unnamed images all kept in a single folder

>that horrific ugly file manager

my memes are all in single folder and i wrote a script that uses the NIST randomness beacon to pick one for me

> tfw dubs and trips from a independent hardware entropy source and SP 800-90-approved components.

t. pic related

>saving pictures of cartoon frogs, 2d women, spiderman, and gorillas
cringe

just because you come from reddit and you aren't accustomed to using them doesn't make them cringe

>not using the same picture for every post

More like:
>the virgin with 10000+ unsorted unnamed images all kept in a single folder
vs.
>the chad that doesn't have time for that autism and googles whatever image he's looking for and then deletes it immediately after

My method is:
1) Save images to desktop
2) Around when I get to the 300-500 file mark, I move the images into one of my many image folders which aren't appropriately named. For example, some of my previously used folder names are "iimg", "sort 2", and "hrugh".
3) Once the folder I'm currently dumping my images into reaches the 2,000-4,000 file mark, I throw that folder into my image collection folder and start a new one.
So the 7 folders I have accumulating on my C: drive have 10,500 images (~6.6GB) across them, then I can't remember how many I have on my external drives but it's probably between 70k-100k images with minimal duplicates. So the vast majority of my images aren't organized at all, and approximately 90% haven't been renamed.

Images downloaded through my Pixiv downloader are the only ones which are sorted because it happens automatically, which are saved by artist name [member ID]\image ID. It's a bad habit but I hoard art like this because artists absolutely love closing their accounts without notice.

>funny shit
>sad shit
>creepy shit
>informative shit
>cozy gifs (like those of rainy places)
>reaction faces
>thinking faces (I have a thing for it because autism)
>wallpapers (+1500)
>mobile wallpapers
>family photos
>CYOA shit
>other shit (anything that doesn't fit in the other folders

This desu

Wtf? I typed in desu and it turned into desu. Are word filters still a thing?

dammit

>Wtf? I typed in desu and it turned into desu. Are word filters still a thing?

Try typing t b h no spaces

>being this new

Fuck off, this is pure glory.

desu I don't know what are you doing

These word filters are great for weeding out retard newfags. gb2reddit

kek

Rustled Jimmies, do you post on the misc forums on Bodybuilding.com? Holy shit thats old, what are you like 40?

I have more than 30k files on a folder, when I want the image i usually remember the last position i saw it on the scroll bar.

desu

Come on guys, don't you have any real input? Where are the maximum autism anons with huge tagging libraries and scripts for automation and shit?

Joke's on you. I won't sleep tonight

>He doesn't type in desu manually
LMAO

I think most of those guys just use Hydrus Network. If there was a true local booru one could set up with minimal effort I would be using that.

public static void main(String[] args) {
}

I'm writing my own personal booru-type software that handles images, webms, and comic book archives. It's relatively feature-light and is mostly intended to making browsing/searching as nice as possible. Editing is kind of weak right now.

Right now I'm contemplating changing it to be compatible with a Hydrus database in which case it would effectively be a minimal alternative GUI for Hydrus.

>im a newfag because i havent realized a word filter exists

What pixiv downloader do you use?

senpai desu

4.48GB (includes webms and gifs)
DoubleKiller usually and occasionally VisiPics (latter is time consuming though).
Subfolders.
>If you use subfolders, what categories did you pick?
Memes, reaction pics, reaction gifs and webms, Sup Forums story caps, guides and infographics, and a few more not worth mentioning.
No.
>Do you do any automation to scrape Sup Forums threads for more images to fill your library?
Nope.

Exactly

Yes, you kind of are considering that they've been around for a long time and seen all of the time. You don't have to be a NEET who sits on here for ten hours a day to notice it very, very quickly desu senpai.

most of the time i just click back to the catalogto lurk elsewhere, so i dont notice, i guess

nandaka.devnull.zone/tag/pixiv-downloader/
Been using it for I think 4 years now without an issue. It's fantastic. If you want my filename structure, it's:
filenameformat = %artist% (%member_id%)\%image_id%_p0
filenamemangaformat = %artist% (%member_id%)\%image_id%_p%page_index%
You have to log into your pixiv account before you can edit your config file. You'll receive the same image filenames as you would if you were manually saving the file, which is a good thing as I've seen images where it's just the artist name + image title with no direct identification.

Any recommended programs for converting all duplicate files to hard links?

>4 years
That reminds me, that downloader has been around for 8 years and it still doesn't have a nice GUI like the nijie downloader. Its a fine program nonetheless, just rustle my jimmies.

>cringe
cringe

What drives you to use the catalog?

>>How big is your collection?
16 GB. It's pretty humble because I lost everything last year.
>>How do you deal with or check for duplicate images?
Very rarely but whenever I do notice them or know that I'm getting a quality upgrade, I delete the last one.
>>Do you dump it all in one folder or do you organize your files into subfolders?
Organize. I'm thinking of making more folders for extra meticulousness. For example, I have a Reaction folder but I'm thinking of making subfolders for each mood and sorting them that way.
>>If you use subfolders, what categories did you pick?
see previous
>>Do you use any software for tagging? If so, what? How well does it work for you?
No, none and no.
>>Do you do any automation to scrape Sup Forums threads for more images to fill your library?
Nah. I'm an autist but not that much of an autist.

How come google can identify different breeds of flowers but there's no desktop software for "AI"-assisted organizing pics.

Post the pope one plox

I have a dedicated home server for memez.

by board title: tv, a, g, gif, hc, s, h, d, aco, etc...

750 files per folder.
When limit is reached just create new folder with incremented number.
>why 750?
Because for my machine that is the maximum number of files a folder could have and still load all thumbnails in a reasonable time.

*sips sippp*

ahhhhhh

>chemo

One big folder. Use tags attached to the files in order to filter.

>hammer
>nail
what are you doing with your life

>16gb
>started last year
Quality over quantity, hoardfag

>Not hoarding high quality art and other images

High quality art doesn't come across so often.

You clearly aren't looking hard enough. There's a ton of high quality art out there, and it's even harder to find now that artists are posting on Twitter which doesn't have the proper tagging systems you see on dedicated art websites.

I just follow my favourite artists. I have pretty rare taste in art, so admirable works come rarely across me

What software do you use for tagging?

macOS.

Verbally
pic not related

A lot of people use hydrus, its not perfect and it takes awhile to get the hang of it but its probably the best there is at tagging hoard of images automatically and does a bunch of other stuff like searching for duplicates. You can also use other viewers as most have a way better GUI than hydrus so I'd only recommend hydrus if you start pushing close to 10k or more images but the earlier you start tagging the better.

>2 GB folder
>too lazy to organize the thing
>it just keeps getting bigger

hydrusnetwork.github.io/hydrus/

Rather than organizing my images by folder I use this. It allows you to assign arbitrary tags to all images and search for arbitrary combinations of those tags, booru-style.

It also has options to automatically add tags based on regexes of the folder path or filename when you import new files into the database, so with some work you can maintain all of your old sorting shit and not have to re-do it.

senpai thb baka cuck

desu*

Huh, this has something built in?

Can I add my own custom local tags with Hydrus?

yes
public tag repositories are optional and disabled by default

Thanks user, I'll check it out.

Yes. Right click (or ctrl + click) any file, then you see a few main tags, you can also assign custom tags. Then you can have smart folders based on tags, or you can just search by tagnames.

Thanks user, I'll check it out.

I thoughts Macs had one-button mice?

winfag

I organize my memes by putting them in the trash