What is the best and worst region of the USA?

What is the best and worst region of the USA?

Best: the west.

Worst: Midwest.

>best
Northeast
>worst
South

What's it matter to you, buddy?

>Oklahoma
>South
Wew bud

>Oklahomo
>not south
What would it be then?

>best
Northeast
>worst
Midwest
Even tho i don't know too much about the south other than memes

>virginia
>maryland
>delaware
>south

Best: South

Worst: West

Best:west

Worst:south

>best
New Amsterdam
>worst
everything outside of that

Maryland and Delaware aren't Southern but Virginia is definitely in the South.

They all have there pros and cons, bud.

I don't understand how anyone can rank the Midwest below the South.

South > Midwest > West > Northeast

Northeast > West > Midwest > South

Do the Dutch still call NYC "New Amsterdam"?

Best: West
Worst: South

Butthurt Dixies I assume, although there are areas like Missouri that have most of the bad things of the South (meth labs, backwards laws, niggers/white trash, etc.) without any of the good things (food, music [although Kansas City does have a Blues scene], etc.).

KC also has the best barbecue outside the south but I see what you're saying

Best: south
Worst: West

I have mixed feeling about the South, 2bh. While in many ways it is an objective shithole, it also has pretty good culture and is decently conservative.

>is decently conservative
that's why it's an objective shithole

Fixed
Pink = Not South, just rednecks and hill billies
Red = Full retard South
Yellow = East coastal south
Light Blue = Cubano Town

+ transitional zones (transitional zones not strict geographic area, only rough approximation)

Best: Southwest

Worst: South

This

He probably used the Mason Dixon line to seperate. I agree though that Maryland, NOVA and Delaware have a lot in common with the Northeast.

Objectively the correct answer

Worst: Northeast

/thread

There was a larger New Netherlands FYI. Some of my heritage were colonists in it. Also, I live in NYC it's fine but dirty, expensive and crowded.

I'm from the Great Lakes but yeah, this.

With the exception of Conneticunt, Assachusetts, Jew York, and Jew Jersey.

midwest > west > northeast > south

Thank you

Isn't this more accurate?

They are all shit. Don't come here.

this is most accurate

So you'd remove almost the entire population, economy, industry, educational institutions, research centers, artistic centers, etc. Smart move.

You know Oklahoma is going to want to piggyback on Texas

Florida should be its own thing desu. It's insane and too much of a chimera to be lumped in with the rest of the south.

Best
>south
Worst
>Midwest

Northeast is objectively the best
Particularly Northern New England

Oklahoma is pretty much just the generic brand Texas.

On second thought, aren't Washington and Oregon closer to mountain states than to California?

Are there stark differences between eastern Midwest and western Midwest?

This is closer but you'd have to divide states into different regions to really get more accurate, like grouping SoCal with Arizona and NorCal with Oregon and Washington, along with Idaho and Western Montana, or Western PA going with Ohio and Eastern PA sticking with the Northeast.

I got this from Reddit. No other maps are more detailed

I kinda like all the regions of USA even though I regularly rant against the country in the interwebs.

Northwest seems to be the best and southwest the shittiest.

nowhere.

How can coasties even compete?

As a Midwesterner, the Northeast is best and the West is worst.

west coast is the best coast, i heard it in a song

most retarded map in the history of the world

not awful

>The """""Left""""" Coast
KYS.

>most retarded map in the history of the world

I know, you should read the descriptions that go with it.

>Yankeedom: Founded by Puritans, residents in Northeastern states and the industrial Midwest tend to be more comfortable with government regulation. They value education and the common good more than other regions.

>New Netherland: The Netherlands was the most sophisticated society in the Western world when New York was founded, Woodard writes, so it’s no wonder that the region has been a hub of global commerce. It’s also the region most accepting of historically persecuted populations.

>The Midlands: Stretching from Quaker territory west through Iowa and into more populated areas of the Midwest, the Midlands are “pluralistic and organized around the middle class.” Government intrusion is unwelcome, and ethnic and ideological purity isn’t a priority.

>Tidewater: The coastal regions in the English colonies of Virginia, North Carolina, Maryland and Delaware tend to respect authority and value tradition. Once the most powerful American nation, it began to decline during Westward expansion.

>Greater Appalachia: Extending from West Virginia through the Great Smoky Mountains and into Northwest Texas, the descendants of Irish, English and Scottish settlers value individual liberty. Residents are “intensely suspicious of lowland aristocrats and Yankee social engineers.”

>Deep South: Dixie still traces its roots to the caste system established by masters who tried to duplicate West Indies-style slave society, Woodard writes. The Old South values states’ rights and local control and fights the expansion of federal powers.

>El Norte: Southwest Texas and the border region is the oldest, and most linguistically different, nation in the Americas. Hard work and self-sufficiency are prized values.

>The Left Coast: A hybrid, Woodard says, of Appalachian independence and Yankee utopianism loosely defined by the Pacific Ocean on one side and coastal mountain ranges like the Cascades and the Sierra Nevadas on the other. The independence and innovation required of early explorers continues to manifest in places like Silicon Valley and the tech companies around Seattle.

>The Far West: The Great Plains and the Mountain West were built by industry, made necessary by harsh, sometimes inhospitable climates. Far Westerners are intensely libertarian and deeply distrustful of big institutions, whether they are railroads and monopolies or the federal government.

>New France: Former French colonies in and around New Orleans and Quebec tend toward consensus and egalitarian, “among the most liberal on the continent, with unusually tolerant attitudes toward gays and people of all races and a ready acceptance of government involvement in the economy,” Woodard writes.

>First Nation: The few First Nation peoples left — Native Americans who never gave up their land to white settlers — are mainly in the harshly Arctic north of Canada and Alaska. They have sovereignty over their lands, but their population is only around 300,000.

best NE
worst, south

Maryland is barely the south. The northern half is just Pennsylvania in denial and the southern half is a bunch of imbreds who wish they were deep south rednecks.

The South contains both the best and worst of America.

Texas and Virginia have always been heavyweights, but I can't think of a worse state than Alabama or Mississippi.

Best: Mid-Atlantic
Worst: Deeo south, Texas.
So the South is the best and worst.

Best: Southwest
Worst: New England

Why is the midWEST called like that if it's rather slightly more to the East?

Mostly for historical reasons, as it was the Mid-western part of the country for quite a bit in the 19th century.

Everything west of the Mississippi River is considered western, the midwest is the middle portion of that.
Literally the middle of the west

Worst: Midwest

>tfw everyone hates where you live

The corn will always love you

This nigga gets it