Will nanotubes of carbon improve processing speed? I mean...

Will nanotubes of carbon improve processing speed? I mean, I have heard they can transfer electricity faster without getting burned with intense heat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rdT1YT9AOPA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Difference_engine
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nigger nigger nigger nigger

?

Is it possible to build a machine that covers the basic functions of a computer without using electricity?

Fuck, I wanted to make another thread. Guess I'm drowsy.

youtube.com/watch?v=rdT1YT9AOPA

alu of knex

Yes, of course. Not necessarily practical or feasible though.

No. All computation requires energy. Else you break thermodynamics.

Yeah, computerphile has great video about it. CPUs are wasting power.

>abacus
>paintbrush
>hammer and chisel
>pen and paper
>swiss army knife

Congrats you are now a computer.

graphene has no band gaps, and hence can't be semiconductors, short of in one ridiculously limited scenario (

Yes. You can create a computer without electricity running through. You can create them out of water or air or milk even. The reason to choose electricity is due to efficiency. Electricity is light. Light is the fastest known particle we can control effectively.

>Electricity is light.

Might as well have posted: graphmeme when?

cnt > graphene

Grapheme can't be used on its own but CNTs depending on the way they are "folded up" (more precisely an intermediate chiral vector that misaligns the brillouin zone so Dirac cones are no longer formed) and leads to diameter dependent band gaps. Doping though is largely as a result of rectifying contacts though. MoS2 is a little more promising since it's just way less fragile and versatile and has strain based band gap engineering.

jesus christ semi engineers, just make mass market InSb a thing

what the fuck

CNTs are apparently being used by Samsung as coatings on things to improve various performance figures. Seems like the best option at this point in development.

Yes and they already exists. Space shuttles used to have hydraulic computers as an ultimate backup, in case of total failure of internal circutry. As long as you can make something acting as a NAND gate, you can build a CPU.

energy =/= electricity always. the first computers were mechanical

Read dis book user it will explain the world 2u

can you tell me what the fuck the dirac function is? 1.5 years of engineering maths and I still don't understand it

the fucking shit you see on Sup Forums

>cunt > graphene

yes.

how tight is the cunt tho

Sup Forums can't into chemistry

What's a mechanical calculator?

Can`t find it, link please?

wut r the spinnrz around all atomz senpai?

Those are electrons, but their motion about an atom doesn't constitute electricity.

If tou mean the Dirac delta function, then it's a real function defined by a limit (if I remember correctly, the limit was of the deviation parameter of the normal/Euler distribution in statistics, tending towards zero) with the useful property that its value diverges infinitely at zero, but the integral over the entire domain is equal to 1 (since it's basically a distribution function after all, again, IIRC).

I used it in DSP classes to model impulse signals, the fact the the integral is 1 keeps things from getting wonky.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Difference_engine