DVORAK Keyboard Layout Master Race

Why haven't you QWERTY peasants switched to Dvorak yet?

The learning curve is not a good reason. It's relatively easy to learn due to the fact that the layout is layed out logically. I wouldn't necessarily call it easy to learn, but if you put in some practice, you'll pick it up relatively quickly. I've been typing on it for a little over a month and I'm around 55-65 WPM which is already faster than the speed normies type at.

As I mentioned earlier, the layout is logical. The vowels are all on the left side of the home row. The least common letters are on the bottom row. It just makes sense.

QWERTY on the other hand is unbelievably idiotic for use in the 21st century. I will admit that QWERTY was an innovative layout for its time, due to the fact that it pretty much stopped fast typists from jamming their typewriters. But no one uses typewriters any more.

Why the hell is your right pinky resting on the goddamn semicolon??? How often does one use the semicolon? Maybe once or twice a day at the most? Why is your right index finger resting on the letter J? That is one of the least common letters in the English language. I'd bet my life that it's in the top 5 least common letters of the English language.

Also, typing on QWERTY is uncomfortable. You have to move your fingers so much because the home row consists of retardation. On the other hand with Dvorak, you can type many words without even leaving the home row. Dvorak honestly makes typing fun. Give it a try if you want to do yourself a favour.

GNU/Linux isn't popular on the desktop even though it's superior to Windows. Dvorak isn't a popular keyboard layout even though it's superior to QWERTY. If you have joined the GNU/Linux master race but have remained a QWERTY peasant, do yourself a favour and become a member of the Dvorak master race.

Lastly, here's a side by side comparison of how much one moves their fingers on both layouts. youtube.com/watch?v=udc9CH8ICVQ

Godspeed, faggots.

Other urls found in this thread:

colemak.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>use any keyboard/computer that isn't my own
>completely fucked
no thanks senpai

It takes about 30 seconds to switch to Dvorak in the settings of whatever operating system you use.

>30 seconds to fuck up someone else's configuration and unfuck it every time I need to use their computer for a minute
no
thanks

How often does one use other's computers anyway? Learning Dvorak will most likely cause one to forget QWERTY. So if you need to use someone else's computer, just look down when you type for one minute.

You're just making up excuses for remaining a QWERTY peasant.

>Dvorak is better because the home row is better keys
Good thing i'm not a faggot who uses the home row to find my way, my fingers are raping 100% of my keyboard 24/7

Home row has been taught as the most efficient way of typing for over a century. Also, it's the most comfortable.

Get fucked faggot.

>mfw I'm a self taught typist who doesn't subscribe to societies retarded method of typing that's only kept around because it's easy to teach to retards like you

Fucking terrible b8 bitch. I also taught myself how to type and it just so happened that my method was exactly the same as what has been taught for over a century.

Get fucked faggot.

I thought about it, then realized I'd still have to use QWERTY on others' computers and my phone

If you use Android, it has native Dvorak support. All you have to do is go to the settings and switch it.

>Being such a fool as to teach yourself one of the worst ways to type, useful only to those who could not navigate their own home in the darkness

I don't

>one of the worst ways to type

Not going to take this motherfucking b8. I almost fell for it.

I can already type nearly 110wpm comfortably on a QWERTY keyboard. There's no reason to switch.

>Being completely unable to justify yourself in the thread you made on Sup Forums to get validation for the shitty keyboard you type on

If you can't type in more than one layout you are a keyboardlayoutlet.

>comfortably

Holy shit. You almost got me again. You sir are a master baiter.

>Continuing to cry bait when you have nothing else to say

I can see this is going nowhere. Godspeed, DVORAK-fag, I'm going back to /y/

shortcuts

This layout is retarded.

You see, I do have some things to say. But if I were to respond in such a way, that means I would take the b8. Looks like I am going to take the b8.

Using the home row to type is superior because you can easily find where the keys are which leads to efficient and speedy typing. There's a reason why there are bumps on the F and J keys.

Not a valid reason. But if the shortcuts being in different places bugs you that much, you can switch to Colemak which keeps the undo, cut, copy and paste shortcuts in the same place.

Gaymer faggot detected.

All you have to do is switch to QWERTY before you launch whatever faggot game you want to play. Or just remap the controls.

Not really, you just need to reconfigure the games to use >aoe

wouldnt it just be better to remember where keys are instead of needing two nubs to have any idea where you are

i do speak and write in more languages than english, you know

you do realise there's more languages than english which switches up the most used keys entirely, right?
i personally find qwerty to be the most universal fitting one at least for my languages.

why are you so mad though? if we suffer because we don't use your great keyboard layout why do you care senpai, it's our problem

great bait though made me reply

I do remember where the keys are. The point of the bumps on those two keys is so you can know that you are on the home row correctly without looking.

Why does this even need to be said.

probably because you can't seem to find your way on your keyboard without your two little nipples. just learn where the buttons are, dipshit

I am well aware of Dvorak only being optimised for English. This post is directed for people who only speak English.

Again Mr. Dipshit, I could type without the pair of nipples on my motherfucking keyboard. The nipples are there only to make sure that someone's fingers are aligned correctly.

Come up with some better arguments faggots.

>he is unable to align his fingers without touching nipples

moving numbers under the homerow was one of the best things i ever did

this captcha thing is impossible
fuck everything

If you right any code using the semicolon then its acutely quite useful, but that stupid considering the other reasons.
The reason I don't switch is because, I'm too lazy to learn a new keyboard layout, also I'm not very fond of the idea of ripping of my laptop keys and gluing the back on.
Plus personally I quite like typing with QWERTY, as I have my own home brew layout for my fingers which I find faster and easier then the normal layout.

You are literally taking the bait

Does your keyboard not have a pair of nipples?

I know.

>Does your keyboard not have a pair of nipples?
Unfortunately my current laptop still does, but I've modified (read: taken a sander to) some older thinkpads and they provide a much nicer typing experience than my current craptop

>he then give up in frustration and saves his nipples off

>code

That actually crossed my mind. But most don't code. And in Dvorak, the semicolon is placed appropriately.

>ripping of my laptop keys and gluing the back on

Taking the physical keys out and rearranging them in the Dvorak layout would be counter-intuitive. It's best to leave it in QWERTY so that you are never tempted to look down. Also, you need those FUCKING NIPPLES.

>his nipple fetish informs his choice in keyboards

I don't understand why you don't like having nipples on your keyboard.

Get fucked faggot. Nipples on keyboards are amazing.

Nah, I'd rather use my kinesis advantage and keep my muscle memory (as well as the ability to use other keyboards)

>He needs his keyboard to hold his hand so he can type fast
this is what the average dvorak user is like, folks

That's actually really cool. I always look down when I need to use the numbers. I never bothered to learn how to touch type the number row since it's so far up. Mapping the numbers to the home row is brilliant.

I can't understand how somebody could be so useless as to need waypoints on his keyboard to type correctly.

Get fucked faggot.

>spellling querty is done in one row
>spelling dvorak is complicated as fuck

I rest my case. Leave this shit to the courtrooms.

Very true. I would not purchase a keyboard if it did not have those two glorious nipples. I didn't know how much those nipples meant to me until your faggot ass started baiting me.

Fuck. I'm going to start rubbing them right now.

Should I learn this?

A respected colleague and all-round smartest guy on the floor uses this fucked layout but he can switch between qwerty and his own computer without a thought. Is it actually easy to code switch between keyboard layouts or is he atypical?

Worst b8 on this gay earth.

Hello there!
I've tested BEPO which is a dvorak french alternative.
Yes, it is better when you write in your native language but it's complete utter shit when you want to:
- Code
- Game
- Use keyboard shortcuts

I code everyday and it does not work at all.

But if you are a writer, yes, you should switch because you definitely type faster

Still got a reply from you, along with absolutely zero arguments of your own. I even bet you're typing in QWERTY right now, you retard.

Some forget QWERTY after learning Dvorak. Some can switch between them. If you switch to Dvorak, you won't want to use QWERTY ever again. I say do it.

Godspeed, faggot.

I don't type with peasant layouts. I am a member of the Dvorak master race.

It could be all right for gaming if you just remap the keys in the game controls.

I'd like to pry the keys off my laptop and rearrange them as Dvorak but I'm afraid I might break a few.

You really shouldn't. You need those two NIPPLES on the F and J keys.

>all you have to do is learn it
>all you have to do is look at the keyboard when you type on someone else's computer
>all you have to do is switch to QWERTY when playing vidya or using someone else's computer
>all you have to do is switch back when you're done playing vidya or using someone else's computer
>all you have to do is pretend this will improve your typing experience
>all you have to do is feel superior when doing it all while trying your best not to look retarded on the outside

The b8 is unreal.

>must have both hands on the keyboard to type
>cannot scroll browser easily and instantly type
>cannot even 180 insta headshot retards while microing your teammates in the text chat

It's 21 century, grandpa. Mouse/keyboard combo is the input solution of the new era.
And with drorak-for-left-hand and a mouse you get the best of the both world: analogue precision of the mouse and digital accuracy of the keyboard.

PC peasant detected. Join the console master race and both of your hands will be on one device.

Nice b8 m8

>aiming with a gamepad
And i'm already dvorak-for-left-hand master race anyway. No point in switching.

is it easier to learn dvorak? can't touch type and want to learn, but i'm a lazy fuck so if dvorak is truly a smaller initial time investment i'd be down.

It has been scientifically proven that joysticks are more better for aiming then mouses.

because I'm not a neet and actually have a job where I need to type every day.

I don't have time to play around with such faggotry as alternative keyboard layouts just to look cool and feel special.

Definitely easier to learn Dvorak. When I was using QWERTY, I didn't even touch type. I would just use a few fingers and type half the time while looking and the other half not looking.

Now on Dvorak I never look at all and touch type properly. It didn't take that long before I was touch typing at reasonable speeds. Now I'm at around 60 WPM which is faster than I was on QWERTY. And I've only been touch typing with Dvorak for a little over a month.

It's not about looking cool and feeling special you flaming dipshit. Those are just side effects.

It's about using a comfortable and efficient layout.

as I already said, if you'd have a job involving computers, you wouldn't have time for such bullshit. more efficient or not.

You are fucking idiot. You remind me of these office ladies who type for a living, but still only use index fingers.

how do you use vim sanely with dvorak

Whatever faggot job you have has nothing to do with the superiority of my keyboard layout choice.

Is this the best QWERTY peasants can come up with?

no sane person uses vim in the first place

yeah, go for it. start learning dvorak because it's approved by Sup Forums

enjoy struggling with the most basic tasks and typing 10x slower. but at least you look awesome!

if I were your boss and would see you typing 10WPM on a new dvorak keyboard, I'd fire you on the spot for being a stupid faggot

Perhaps Colemak is better with Vim?

set langmap='q,\\,w,.e,pr,yt,fy,gu,ci,ro,lp,/[,=],aa,os,ed,uf,ig,dh,hj,tk,nl,s\\;,-',\\;z,qx,jc,kv,xb,bn,mm,w\\,,v.,z/,[-,]=,\"Q,E,PR,YT,FY,GU,CI,RO,LP,?{,+},AA,OS,ED,UF,IG,DH,HJ,TK,NL,S:,_\",:Z,QX,JC,KV,XB,BN,MM,W,Z?

add that to your vimrc, insert mode will be dvorak, navigation will be qwerty

>typing 10x slower

You only type 10 words per minute on like the first fucking day.

Try again, QWERTY peasant.

I learned dvorak-for-left-hand after realizing how retarded QWERTY layout is and researching by myself.
You cannot type on QWERTY on any reasonable speed without hurting your hands.
It was designed just to have "TYPEWRITER" in the first row to show average joe customer how "easy" is it to type when he comes to the shop, noone gave a fuck about ergonomics.
Keep cucking yourself.

what do those percentages represent? and the OP is just autistic pasta
>leaving the home row makes it uncomfortable
what retardation

>ergonomics
what's more, the staggered physical layout only exists to make space for the arms of a typewriter
ortholinear master race

I type in Programmer Dvorak when coding, I recommend those of you typing in Dvorak to pick this up. Should take about a week to be fluent in it.

Those of you still stuck in QWERTY, I recommend looking into COLEMAK which has the benefits of DVORAK but with a much less learning curve: colemak.com/

what keyboard? i want this grid layout and alternate keys

home spun

The amount of typing you do on each row.

And I know this is a difficult concept for your bean brain, but I'll try to explain.

Less movement = more comfortable

colemak brofist.

Using portable colemak at work and regular one at home.

>how often does one use the semicolon?
user, I...

>The least common letters are on the bottom row.

Meanwhile the most common words on Sup Forums are:
>Chan
>Meme
>Cuck
>Cock
>Cocks
>Bait
>BBC

Etc.

I used to use colemak for a year, but I lost the ability to type at normal speed on qwerty, so I would look like a noob any time I was in someone else's office on their computer.

exactly

the biggest problem with alternative layouts is the fact that you're going to use other computers quite often, even if it's just quick over-the-shoulder help in the office.

whatever efficiency or comfort benefit dvorak (or other layouts) might have, it's not enough to get brainfucked every time you put your hands on another keyboard

Nice cherry-picking.

Carry a keyboard with you, problem solved.

i don't type much on my computer anyway. I'd hate myself to no end if I chose to be a programmer

That's not even good bait. He would have to change the keyboard layout in the settings of the operating system.

I use QWERTY because that is what 100% (rounded to nearest integer) of the world's keyboards use. I can not imagine how unbeleivably annoying it must be to every time you use another computer switch back to use QWERTY again.

the point is not needing your eyes noob

WTH this is too much work -_-

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. How many more motherfucking faggots are going to say this retarded shit? How often does the average person use someone else's computer?

You QWERTY peasants are scraping the bottom of the barrel to find any reason to justify using an inferior layout.

I thought about also learning qwerty but I think it'd fuck up my normal typing on dvorak