give me good reasons to use atom

Other urls found in this thread:

nuclide.io/
nuclide.io/docs/features/remote/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You enjoy penises in your anus

It works.

no

It's HTML live preview is better and easier to set up than all other text editors

Maybe because it's an actual instance of chromium?

Did I say that it isn't? All I said is that it's HTML live preview is best in class which is true.

I refuse to install a single electron application until they, at the very least, share a common background instance so that there isn't a 1gb instance of chromium running per application.

vscode is the same but better

Sorry if I came of as passive-aggressive user >~< that was more of a legitimate question than anything as I have never used atom

When you want your 500MB text editor to take 3 minutes to startup

In that case my apologies as well, yes, it is because it's an instance of chromium. HTML & CSS changes immediately show up in the live preview window without needing to save the file or refresh the live preview window. A lot of people shit on Atom as being resource hungry (which it is) but I've never experienced the slow start up and it was easy to configure how I like it in less than 10 minutes after downloading.

atom + nuclide.io/ = real king shit nigga.

nuclide.io/docs/features/remote/

for what reason, editing on the live?

yes i like the remote development feature but some linters dont work it

Reasons to use atom: u have a vagina and/or you are gay and/or u r brainlet
Just use vim you dumb faggot

emacs > vim

now stfu cunt

Much obliged, that was a truly cool read! fix APC index mismatch

Much obliged, that was a truly cool read!

Just use VSCode with an atom theme.

VS is amazing for everything, hated windows or not

What's with all these VCcode shills lately, I even see my lectures and friends at university shilling this shit too. Just how many people have MS got payrolled to shill this shit?

It never crossed your mind that it's so popular because it's actually good?

Pair programming just werkz

If it's made by MS, it can't possibly be good.