rpcs3.net/blog/2018/01/23/rpcs3-2017-wrap-up-a-stunning-year-of-progress/

Absolute madmen.

Other urls found in this thread:

rpcs3.net/compatibility
gematsu.com/exclusives/ps3
youtu.be/Av7afTxJLbo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wow.
> The PPU LLVM recompiler uses a fantastic piece of software called LLVM to translate PPU code into an intermediary LLVM representation that is then finally translated, and optimized, into native Intel/AMD code. And all of this is done ahead of time (AoT), before the game starts! The idea here is to get near native performance in PPU code execution and today that goal is pretty much reached
This is a game changer if they can do it right, that idea can work for any videogame console.

This shit has been done for ages now, before RPCS3 even became a thing such an emulating platform as StepMania (emulator of Konami's BEMANI label RBG/Dancing/Musical arcade machines, as well as Roxor's/RedOctane's "In The Groove" and Andamiro's "Pump It Up" systems later) was doing these kinds of AoT compilations in regards to musical tracks and videos/textures for roughly a decade. This is nothing new, but it's great to see more modern advanced emulators starting finally implementing these things too.

StepMania isn't a emulator. Its a clone.

i would prefer it if you would be quiet

Too bad there are no games to emulate

>autism = the post

rpcs3.net/compatibility
But nice try at le memey'ing anyway, kid.

Demons souls is on the list. Too bad there aren't that many ps3 exclusives that interest me. Red dead has been getting some progress and hopefully soon will be playable.

>aren't that many PS 3 exclusives that interest me
Try FolksSoul/Folklore (literally Kingdom Hearts, but without weeaboo). Also - gematsu.com/exclusives/ps3

Folklore is not at all similiar to Kingdom Hearts, what the hell are you smoking?
Also, how is KH weeb at all?

anime characters

I'm still impressed by this emulator actually benefitting from more than four threads.

Persona 5 if you're a weeb

>Folklore is not at all similiar to Kingdom Hearts
It's LITERALLY "non-weeaboo Kingdom Hearts" when it comes down to core playing mechanics, such as battling and moving about. You LITERALLY fighting in same style as in Kingdom Hearts, which just one big difference being that it's also partially a Pokemon/DiGiMon game, where you can collect defeated enemies (including ALL of the bosses) and use them as companions. It's also one of the very few PS 3 games out there which uses SuxAsses'/Dual Shock 3's gyro control functions well.

Ironically enough, Persona 5 is way less weeb than Penis-onna 4. It's onemoo, yes, but it's actually way less "typical onemoo shit" and more mainstream, more neutral, than Penis-onna 4.

>MGS4 loads 60fps blackscreen
one day, one day...

You have 4 attacks tops in Folklore at a given time, you have way more variety in attacks in KH, not to mention multiple bar mechanics

>DiGiMon
what

Even PS1 emulators had recompilation but what I believe the other poster is saying is if it became as easy to use as creating a text files with instructions and feeding it to LLVM, then it's a breakthrough for emulating.

Many old games with a PC version are less of a hassle to play on their emulated console (or arcade) versions, without having to install and configure them, keeping all the savedata in one place, having the ability to save and pause anywhere and with the isos usually being more organized and accessible that the PC releases. That's mainly what I expect from RPCS3 in the future, rather than wanting to play some specific game right now.

You clearly never played past the tutorial, or the first boss. Your attacks are customizable (assignable on a button) and there is a great variety of combos and kinds of attacks opening later into the game. It's like with GODHAND.

I reached like chapter 3 or so with both characters, just after I believe unlocking the super form or something?

Most old PC games already can save at every point unless it was a console port.

DELET NOW
E
L
E
T

Give it 4~8 months, I guess. Shit's been around for years and it definitely won't going anywhere, so let it cook up some more. It's coming.

Sup Forums, fuck off. We're adults here.

Emulation is a technology, you dumb fuck.

no youre not

You don't understand the difference between an emulation and a clone?

Jesus Christ why are brainlets on Sup Forums?

>20 minutes to 30 seconds

Nani!?

They have already done that. Though there is also SPU modules in PS3 games and they still use asm jit. I didn't really bother with investigating but the shit always crashes on my ryzen and I suppose it's because of asm jit. I didn't even bother with interpreters because they are painfully slow.
The approach is right though, when they move everything to LLVM it may run even better than on original hardware. I mean, graphics are already better (I have a PS3 and tried emulator too).
Still I wonder why performance is so bad on ryzen. I can understand crashes, but not such performance drop (literally half the fps on ryzen). Also some obscure shit is going on, they really should put different components in separate processes to improve scheduling. For some weird reason it only runs somewhat decent with 4 cores/8 threads on my r5 1600. I mean, if I assign 3 cores/6 threads on same CCU or 6 cores/6 threads it will lag horribly. If I assign 5 cores/10 threads or use all available 6 cores/12 threads it will stumble and lose like 25% fps. People also report that on ryzen 7 it runs best with 4 cores / 8 threads on same CCU. 4/8 is some weird magic number and I'm too lazy to look into the source.

soon the number of PS3 exclusives will return to Zero and the world will enter an age where once again ps3 [spoiler]has no gaems[/spoiler]

>Still I wonder why performance is so bad on ryzen. I can understand crashes, but not such performance drop (literally half the fps on ryzen).

most likely thread scheduling. kd-11 pushed a fix for this like yesterday

So is consoles and video games, why we have separate board for gaymes?
If it's gayming related should belong in Sup Forums. Fuck off retard

Dump of arcade machine is a clone. StepMania is a fucking emulator that uses images of musical tracks/videos/arrow sets/textures, you imbecile.

>performance is so bad on ryzen
It's not. It's just that you have arms growing out of your ass.

Zero exclusives that don't boot/play well, you mean. Yes, in that regard the number is definitely decreasing.

>any game engine is an emulator

Thread scheduling should be an issue for ryzen 3 and ryzen 5 with 2+2 / 3+3 cores because of magic 4/8 formula. Still people report ryzen 7 with single CCU enabled has significantly worse performance than skylake.
Well I managed to get like 20-25 fps in persona 5 in heavy scenes on my r5 1600 so if they polish it a little it should be no problem for ryzen 7 or raven ridge (since both have 4 cores on a single CCU). Though I doubt they will fix crashes before they move to llvm from asmjit for SPU.

There are LITERAL full dumps of arcade cabinets which you can directly run from your PC, you dumb fuck. THAT is a total fucking clone, indeed. StepMania is NOT that in the slightest. By itself StepMania is a bare-as-fuck open platform which you HAVE to fill with proper content before you can use it properly, which is LITERALLY how emulation of video games and video gaming systems works.

>There are LITERAL full dumps of arcade cabinets which you can directly run from your PC, you dumb fuck. THAT is a total fucking clone.
That's not a clone. That's just a port.

>stepmania reads in stepmania maps and audio files.
>stepmania has its own from the ground codebase
Stepmania doesnt "emulate" a damn thing, you colossal dingus

Nigga it's called emulation because it emulates hardware. OpenXCOM isn't emulator, it's a clone, and so is StepMania.
Recompilation isn't technically emulation either.

RDR isn't even that good. It's just as mediocre/bad as any ubishit or GTA V

i dont know who had what and with which settings but you could just try the latest master build and see if you notice an improvement.

A retard-a-you.

Will do when I get home after work.

>Red Dead Revolver isn't good
Off yourself.

Enjoy your sows ban faggot

Actually I looked into the PR and it looks like there are no changes for ryzen 5 whatsoever.
They should really separate PPU, SPU and RSX processes to allow binding PPU and SPU to different CPUs.

Different *CCU's of course.

>the newer engine version was explicitly programmed to enter a dead code path if cellVideoOutGetDeviceInfo() did not return that the displays supports a refresh rate of 59.94 Hz. Nothing else is known to be affected except this handful of newer Koei Tecmo games, and indeed, after changing a single line of code 20 games were more or less fixed.
>Why on earth did someone program that behavior? No clue. Perhaps it is some sanity check gone wrong.
The fucking nips are insande

>They should
You shouyld. This is FOSS project hosted on GitHub. You want something? DO IT, faggot.

Now guess on what CPU it performs better

>no games meme
Better than having Halo and some Call of Duty

>still getting triggered by it after a decade

>still shitposting with "NOGAEMZ 3" and "PeeAss 3 has 3 games" so many years later

Chillout brainlet.

You are a retard, we understood this.

youtu.be/Av7afTxJLbo
Salty comments and the dislike counter are a good extra

Nice non-argument, kid.

Why stop using something that works?

>OpenGL
>Gaijin """""game"""""
>GTX 1080 VS RX 580
>Game has massive drops on both sides, but only Inturd is "allowed" to be shown opening scene
At least you tried, Brian.

How does recompilation work?
Seems like a pain in the ass to translate one assembly to another.

>1080 vs 580
kek. That's how you know someone knows shit about they are taking. A 750ti is plenty to emulate PS3 if you are not aiming for 4K or something like that, but nice damage control.

AMD vs nvidia gpu affects CPU usage you piece of shit retard, especially with opengl

Off yourself already, buttmad Intbecile.
The video is June 2017, which is retarded due to how vastly RPCS3 improved since then.
The Inturd is clocked higher than Zen.
The video is vastly more powerful than Zen config.
O P E N G L
P
E
N
G
L
Unoptimized Gaijin garbage which has massive issues even on PC
BOTH Inturd and Zen had FPS drops in video, but only Inturd was allowed to play opening scene.

Literally hang yourself.

we need to go further

Just stop being poor and buy ps3. It won't get cheaper than it already is. ps3 home-brew community is slowly dying so you'll be out of luck if you don't download necessary stuff before it's gone forever.
Well.. I enjoyed it, so imo its good.

>autism = the post

>I enjoyed it so it's good
go back to fucking reddit, jesus christ

> I dislike our opinion devoided of arguments posted as a response to my opinion devoided of arguments, therefore Im insulting you in my meme-speech.
Ok lads. I'll play your game.

This is super impressive, even more so than the tremendous work done by the PPSSPP team. I remember seeing their dev builds on EmuCR a couple years ago, they were looking at it as a purely academic thing, sort of reverse engineering the CellBE to learn about it. They had a some simple homebrew tests running and that was it. Back then I don't think they ever expected it to tackle commercial games.
They've come an awful long way, never gave up.

That dedication is admirable.

>by the PPSSPP team
>PPSSPP team
>team
As in - one single madman?

Bless that guy who leaked the documentation.

I was talking about Henrik. The man who literally single-handedly made 80% of what PPSSPP consists of these days. The Norwegian madman.

Ourguy

A daily reminder that main developer of RPCS 3 is a Russian.

Ourgopnik

And?

All that screenshot tells us about the old version is that it didn't work on a particular kind of $brand1 chip. We don't know whether it worked on other $brand1 chips or its relative performance on $brand2.
All that screenshot tells us about the new version is that it works well when tested with $brand2. We don't know about its performance or compatibility with $brand1.
It sounds like the two versions are very different, so we can't make any inferences from the old version.

While were talking about one man powerhouses i recall an interview where some EA DICE guy said Johan Andersson basically made Frostbite in his basement and brought it to the interview and now that's the engine they use

Nash chuvak.

RPCS 3 is ЯPCS 3. Literally "Russian Playstation Computer System 3", or "Я PCS 3" ("I Am PCS 3").

Never underestimate the power of directed autism.

>While we're talking about one-man powerhou--

But user, you can already watch the game on PC just fine

I was wondering if picking up a Ryzen would be a good option for RPCS3. Thank you foe clearing that up, OP

Just wanted to point out the faulty logic in OP's implied argument. I'm making no judgment on $brand1 vs $brand2.

no, the idea that "I liked it" is an argument of quality is simply the most outrageous thing I've ever heard, yet I see it done all the time