Why do people hate pic-related?

why do people hate pic-related?

Other urls found in this thread:

nxos.org/,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because distros are like your favorite sports team. The only difference is that unlike sports team you can install/remove software/components.

Because it takes a distro thats core premise is "having it exactly the way you want it" and makes it into a scripted install that gives you a bunch of bloat and shit that you never wanted and now have to decide if its safe to remove or not

It's european

Don't care about that all I wanted was pacman and the aur, and I got exactly what i wanted.

Because Arch Linux users are elitist assholes that think they are smart because their favorite shitty distro doesn't have a graphical installer.

this.

It's simple. Do you wanna use pacman? Sure, install Arch.
>I am way too stupid to understand the installation guide.
So install Antergos.

Because they stole intellectual property from Trent Reznor

This.
>hurrr I need to look up how to install my distro on the wiki
>hurrr I am so smart

Arch's software updates too often. Manjaro's release cycle is more bearable

>The only difference is that unlike sports team you can install/remove software/components.
But you can remove components of a sports team

because manjaro is based on arch and arch is shit

works on my machine

-----

this. it just werks

do we really have to have this thread up at all times?
this is at the level of
>starving because js is non-free

botnet

>bloat
>yaourt is piece od shit
>retarded devs
>less secure then Arch
>everything 'just werks' but when it breaks you are fucked

pretty much this, if you are to lazy or stupid to do the installationgo with antergos, Manjaro is just a clusterfuck

Because it's gay

no, not thisArch is a great system. You can run around and scream "reeee elitist you think you so smart" but it doesn't change that it's a great distro.

Consider this: Manjaro is literally just a bunch of scripts on top of Arch. If Arch is so bad, then why does Manjaro use it at its core?

Bottom line: Arch is great, and you have a childish mindset.

>Everything "just werks"
>Until a few weeks later when the cracks start to show
>Then you realize you're expected to understand how the system works and fix your own shit on GNU/linux
>But you don't know how Arch works because you skipped the install
>Ah try to fix da compootrrr but the black box mess me ahh

Arch for people who can't install arch.

What's a compootrrr?

>Everything "just werks"
>Until a few weeks later when the cracks start to show
>Then you simply google the issue
>Copy paste a few commands
>Everything "just werks" again

FTFY

>google the issue
>find forum post where another guy had the exact same problem as you
>click on it
>"This question has been marked as off-topic"
or
>"It's a duplicate question, here is the link for that..." (links to completely unrelated issue)
or
>run into some know-it-all who doesn't actually know the answer to your problem but will argue with your for hours about it

I get fixes for most of my problems of the first page

Noone said anything about the quality of arch as a distro but the quality of it's userbase.
And you can't tell me it doesn't contain faggots like this Bottom line: Only people getting mad about Manjaro is Archfags that know it all, or people that are mad that it's more popular than their OS.

>screenshots have curved edges

To be fair, Trent is a total loser so it doesn't really matter.

Literally this. I started with Manjaro, and then moved to Arch, which ironically was far easier to use day to day.

Audio is DOA for me. I want to go back to Windows.

That's my favorite meme. Installing Arch is copying shit from their installation guide and won't teach you shit

I don't bash nor hate on Manjaro one bit. I don't hate nor dislike it one bit either
It's time for reinstall though now that community editions 17.1.2 stable images have finally rolled out. Replacing my Manjaro Budgie in favor of Manjaro Cinnamon 17.1.2 to take its place and Cinnamon is comfier anyway

>Do you wanna use pacman? Sure, install Arch.
Or Nitrux nxos.org/, it's Ubuntu + KDE + pacman.

Torvalds is European as well. Your point?

Manjaro OpenRC was alrite. I thought about trying Artix but I'm too nervous to put it on my main machine.

windows shills are scared that linux is gaining ground and since manjaro is gaining popularity it's perceived as the enemy of microsoft. same thing happened with debian, fedora, arch, ubuntu, etc.

not fsf approved

i am installing ut now firat inataller that came packaged with non free nvidia drivers

who cares?

been logged in for 2 swconds and it excels over arch anywhere un time saved for me steam already installed as well as having yaourt in the repo is nice

WorksOnMyMachineâ„¢

then why not go with antergos or anarchy arch

Better release cycle

I have never heard of this distro before, user.

It solved a problem that didn't exist

****************solved a problem we didnt realized we had*********************

>Only spic linux distro
>Website is a load of shite

How the fuck is Manjaro a fucking botnet?

Same, i use FreeBSD.