Anyone here bought Arduino, what did you use it for?

Anyone here bought Arduino, what did you use it for?

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/J3aYjQvA?fromSns=Copy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

automate testing of hardware by connecting arduino instead of buttons and then running scripts

Bought one last year, used it to blink some leds, and then made a 3x3x3 matrix, now working on some greater projects, like home automation

Backyard solar charged led for doggo with a real time clock.

Turns on at 7pm, turns off at 10pm.

made a midi controller thing

I used it to fill space I had in a shoe box in my closet until I gave it away to a family member who also put it into a shoe box. True story.

collecting dust

Bought several. Used one for a voice modulator. Used another for a midi interface, Lighting controls, bluetooth audio receiver. All kinds of shit.

Bought a few planning to make light controls and a keyboard. Didn't finish any of these (yet), used them for embedded systems course though. Actually I probably should buy different ones because they have few pins and no mounting holes.

what solar panel did you use ? also pic

It's 1:40 AM here, doggo is sleep.

50Pcs Solar Panel China Painel Solar For DIY Solar Cells Polycrystalline Photovoltaic Panel DIY Solar Battery Charger
s.aliexpress.com/J3aYjQvA?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

I've got 2 pairs of 10 in series connected to tp4056 lighting up 2 10w 30c LEDs I also ordered from AliExpress. I've got the LEDs at 9.5v though which is between 2-3w each.

dogs cant see colors

To learn about register and whatnot. The idea is to stop using the arduino libraries, the IDE (to Atmel Studio) and if given enough time and I'm not lazy, the hardware itself.

I got like 20 chink clones for $1, different kinds. Some of them I am using for monitoring the air quality in home and outside the house.

The latest thing I did was a wakeup nigh lamp, basically arduino + esp8266 chip, connecting to my phone, when I setup the alarm it wakes me up by slowly turning brighter in the morning, when full brightness is achieved the alarm starts beeping.

desu its mroe usefull than rpis

Constant temp and humidity chamber for fermenting salami. Upgrading to an ESP8266 though so I can use the WiFi to control values

>2018
>still using arduino

get a metro express

And what would be the advantages of metro express?

Way more interesting than expected from this thread, tbqh

one key keyboard and a dust collector.

raspberry is far superior if you don't plan on making your own PCBs.

To use a myriad of sensors(wheel speed, linear pot, tire temps, etc) on a formula SAE car on a CAN bus. Lots of fun!

Version 2 of the controller I’m working on, plan is to put the fridge out in a colder part of the house so I can use a PID algorithm to run the heating element instead of the on/off control of the fridge. Also adding a fresh air fan and an allowance for a dehumidifier if I need it. The whole thing will be on my WiFi and talk to an HMI using ModbusTCP so I can have ramping setpoints over the months it takes to finish.

how much do I need to know about electronics to make one of this?

I currently know nothing

post more

Is that a chuwi? I've got one of these shits here as well. Bricked.

And cool project.

Thinking about doing it too. But I'm not sure if I need to use an Raspberry Pi.

Not a lot, the components are plug and play basically. /ohm/ will have a shit fit that your not soldering your own boards but honestly you don’t need to for stuff like this, the point is that it does something and works.

>a

Fixed.

It is, and it’s a fucking piece of shit. Battery lasts like an hour and it gets weird display driver errors if the battery gets low. I thought mine was bricked to and let it charge overnight and it booted up again. Worst $90 I ever spent.

Tell me about the midi interface

sorry user, i'm away from home and havent got many pics with me, I'll see if I can dig anything up

Had to use them for school, literally spent hours making a simple guessing game. Feel like a brainlet.

I made some custom PCBs and made a clock out of one.

practically, nothing. i do think that circuitpython is very cool though and a great learning tool for people who want to get into microcontrollers

Why does your dog need lighting? Dogs can see in the dark

very cool

Cool clock ahmed

>tbqh
femanon detected

Cats can see in the dark, dogs can't.

They can't see perfectly, but they can easily go around without light. Even humans are capable of seeing a little in the dark, and dogs night vision is much better than ours

Played bad apple on a 16x16 led matrix, object avoiding car. Datalogger, led controller, rc car speed controller and a lot more shit like that.

I still want to make a nixie clock

/diy/ohm has way more info on this subject