go.friendup.cloud/
github.com/FriendSoftwareLabs/friendup
neverware.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

wat?

No.

>go.friendup.cloud/

looks like whole os in a browser

not a new concept or a good one. I am struggling to understand what OP is trying to point out.

I've considered buying a Chromebook then VNCing into a server to do work. Have any of you tried this?

Has Doom ultimate installed though

You can do it.
Chromebook runs Gentoo out of the box, so yeah

I also considered doing this, but I imagine the latency would be unbearable.

VNC is usually slow as shit

Age-old idea, ("Thin Client"), verdict: Internet not fast enough yet can work on LAN

seems pretty fast using this actually but agree you will be limited by your connection speed. will try it on 4g if runs on phone

If you could install this on AWS or something would actually be useful. But not hosting it on your home pc.

you probably can its on github

github.com/FriendSoftwareLabs/friendup

or something like Neverware: neverware.com

That desktop would almost be good if it didn't have that 2nd redundant taskbar.

isnt that just open windows?

It seems pretty fast because it's not VNC:
Instead of streaming the display output over the net the UI/programs run in your browser instead of on their server. That's why they don't have to transfer a lot of data

seems a better approach for slower cionnections, what would happen if network went down though?

It depends but probably the programs would stop working and you can only interact with the UI (like drag windows around).
Basically the sort of thing that happens if e.g. Discord or some android "app" that's just a one-site-browser loses connection.
You can just try it for yourself and see

seems to reconnect when you rejoin network, still worked off line

don't think i'd want to do serious shit with that sort of thing but it could be neat for 'away' use - travel with a cheap chromebook and don't give a fuck if it gets stolen because everything important is on your server safely at home

This has got to be the biggest botnet next to the blockchain