Other urls found in this thread:

sys.Sup
discord.gg/4TuhPhr
tiobe.com/tiobe-index/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

c++ is the greatest language of all time

Awful first post

Abandon thread

Reminder that a single commit to the Rust code base is worth more than everything Stroustrup has ever done.

She is cute.

>nurul jihada
her name is nurul hussain and she lives in singapore

fucking polshits
thread reported

>rust
Sure, it's cool and all, but what if I don't choose programming languages solely based on image ?

>what if I don't choose programming languages solely based on image ?
Then nothing changes, because it has a pretty bad public image anyway.

struct foo
{
struct
{
void *ptr;
char b;
};
char a;

};

unsigned size = sizeof (struct foo);
C is gay

data= {'form-data': [{'resto' : "64452395" , 'email' : "sage", 'com' : "this is a test comment", 'g-recaptcha-response' : recaptcha_answer}]}
s = r.post('sys.Sup Forums.org/g/post', proxies = prox, data = data)
print (s)

how come this does nothing? i have the captcha solved so that isnt an issue, is Sup Forums just shitting on my face?

Man, why is there no useful information for starting up a project in Android Studio with OpenGLES3+

I'm learning to make a user database with php and mysql and I just gave up :)

>although i think they should add the possibility of public inheritance
you can do public inheritance with classes, it just isn't the default

That's not an official rust image. See "jihada"

i don't get it.

Due to alignment requirements this will be 3*sizeof (void*) in size.

Anyone here ever take a computer systems class before? I'm on the first chapter and I'm fucking lost as fuck. It has a bunch of bullshit calculations I'm suppose to do for homework and the book barely goes into enough detail on how to do them. It's the ones for bandwidth, mib size, pixel, and all this other bullshit. Anyone know what I'm talking about? If so is there any good resource out there that breaks down this bullshit? Because I am confused as shit. Plus my hw is due tomorrow and the answers are nowhere to be found online except chegg which isn't free

Probably mad because of the padding.

and how that's a problem?

Her full name actually is Nurul Jihadah Hussain, you buttblasted ass jay dubyas.

that extra word is very important

>starting a thread with cyber terrorism promotional poster

>ignorant of muslim names
they are all like that, you just noticed now since you know that word, for example the famous general
>Salah ad-Din
means righteousness of the islamic way of life

You can even make your own, like
>Shahid Abdullah al-Hajji
Martyr, slave of Allah, who has made the pilgrimage to mecca

We have a Discord
discord.gg/4TuhPhr

fuck off

oppressed women should never be supported.

either the chick is free or she's not.
not this burka bullshit.
that pic is suggesting that being an oppressed female is okay because some idiot let some burkabitch have some success on paper.

This is a programming thread. Your retarded ideology is off-topic.

go and create new fucking thread

K W E E N S
W
E
E
N
S

my ideology is retarded?
fuckface, do you even know what is going on, you sleepy fool? fuck off to your perfect-world reddit where you can post your retarded shit or some other site where you're with your own kind.
>Jihadah
>Jihad

death to religious pieces of shit always and everywhere.

death to all bigots

women don't think they're not good enough, they just don't like programming. feminism is what judged women by male criteria

Alright i got one question:
Can anyone find me a youtube video where 3 tier architecture for c# is explained in fucking understandable english? All i find is some Pajeet talking and i can't understand a word.

new thread is ready

read the docs

Problem is i learn through seeing it happen etc. The docs probably wont help me that much

autism

read the docs until you become one with the docs. there's a reason all you can find on youtube is pajeet

>Your retarded ideology is off-topic.
Exactly.

Should I learn C#, /dpt/?

Well?

Does bash expand the * in program argument or i need to make a function to parse and expand it myself?

Learn Java.

if
(
condition
)
{
// stuff goes here
}
; //extra semi colon just in case!

nah
nah
depends. for a first language i'd recommend scheme, then after that:
everyday scripting stuff (e.g. regularly fetch a webpage to see if it's been updated) - bash and python
web development - (php or C# or java) and javscript and html and css
machine learning - python
performance critical/embedded stuff - C or C++
hacking - bash and python and C and x86 assembly and javascript

bash does it. your program doesn't receive the *. test it yourself

justin@DESKTOP:~$ touch aaa
justin@DESKTOP:~$ ./a.out *
aaa
justin@DESKTOP:~$ cat args.c
#include
int main(int argc, char* argv[]){
return puts(argv[1]);
}
justin@DESKTOP:~$

C++ is an addiction. C++ users become incapable of conceiving of life without C++. They obtain a high by abusing C++'s health-damaging features. C++ should be banned and those who peddle in it should be imprisoned.

The ++ in C++ indicates that Bjarne doesn't know the difference between increment and excrement.

pls reply

which book

Just use Idris.

i honestly thank our lord and savior every day for sepples. It keeps a lot of mongs out of my langs.

>local minority women into tech
>including female
Isn't that redundant?

Computer Systems, J. Stanley Warford

Doesn't jihad literally just mean struggle in arabic?

I'm an idiot and I've just starting learning Go can someone explain to me why Go doesn't use generics?

I'm writing a function that should take any type as long as there's some definition of equals for it, and my solution seem pretty hacky right now but I can't figure out anything better. I'm using interfaces as the function parameters and extracting the variables inside, I've got multiple params so I have some checks that they're all the same type. Not sure if I'm doing this in a Go way

this is super entry level starting bullshit and i deserve any contempt but how do you make yourself understand the basic logic of like function calls and syntax, like i know why something works, but i cant explain the logic and process behind why and how it works, if someone asked me to teach someone else or explain it i have no idea about the process behind it. It feels like i need something below entry level beginner basics

not sure I understand what you're asking, but it kinda sounds like you should take a compilers course if you want to know how a function call actually turns into machine instructions.

Imagine only knowing C++ and seeing your skillset descend into irrelevance. If only you hadn't steadfastly refused to learn another language. If only you hadn't been so shortsighted.

don't know what all you're considering, but between it and Java, definitely C#. they're very similar in terms of the basics, but C# is more featureful and nicer to work with overall. of the features it holds over Java, some are more advanced and/or low-level stuff you might never need, depending on what kind of projects you work on (but if you ever do need them you'll be glad they're there; this has been my experience many times), and some of it is simple nice-to-haves that make it cleaner and less verbose than Java, and basically just make everyday use of it overall more comfortable

Go was designed for people who aren't capable of understanding a brilliant language.

>Imagine only knowing C++
>If only you hadn't steadfastly refused to learn another language
kek. this isn't a thing. i don't think i've ever met a C++ programmer who only knew C++

Of course. I'm sure the market for C programmers is absolutely booming right now

>Doesn't jihad literally just mean struggle in arabic?
>literally
Do you think it's more likely that someone named his daughter "struggle" in the literal sense, or that it's a religious reference like many other Arab names? Sorry to burst your fantasy, but it probably refers to the struggle against the unbelievers.

C is +1.69% versus a negative change for C++, and is also strictly higher
tiobe.com/tiobe-index/
expect no less from a sepples master

>Despite all this, it is remarkable to see that C is getting more popular after a steep downward trend that started at the end of 2015. C had a rating of more than 17% at that time and lost more than 10% after that in the next 18 months. A possible reason for this revival is that C is very popular in the growing manufacturing and machine industry (including the automotive market).
he literally is bringing C back. pay respects

Huh. That's interesting. Still, I'd rather work with a C programmer than with a C++ programmer on a C project.

this one has the answers after the exercises
old edition, though
libgen (dot) io/_ads/DADF9C4160395299859FF5545B693C13

He should do his homework properly, not cheat.

Once again TIOBE confirms the dire state of software engineering in industry.

that's not how you get ahead in this world

Go away cheater scum.

>t. pluslet/rustlet

Neither, actually.

This might change.

>t. type dependlet

I'll check it out, thanks user
I'm going to schedule tutoring, but it's not my fault the textbook doesn't provide enough detail or examples to follow so you, the reader, can fully understand what the fuck is going on. And I've already tried looking it up online and can't find shit. Believe me I'd rather not have to "cheat" but I'm on a deadline here.

i didn't just mean that they tend to know C too, if that's what you're getting at. i'm talking more like (to list a few):

>C, C++, Objective-C, Haskell, Ruby, JavaScript
>C, C++, Common Lisp, Rust, JavaScript
>C++, C#, Go, Python, JavaScript

That's more like it.

Software engineer application asking what my desired salary is. $60k isn't asking for too much right?

Calling numbers 1 and 2 C++ programmers is insulting to them. Calling number 3 a C++ programmer is really more credit than is due.

depends on your area
SF or NYC starting salary is no less than 6 digits

How are we supposed to know? We don't know where you are, what the job will involve, how much experience you have, etc.

So when are the Idris and Agda Peano provers going to get together and show us how it's done by writing a formally verified, pure functional high-level kernel?

Florida. Lockheed or Harris if you see this hire me.
Fresh out of uni my man. No professional experience just school projects.

Is it true that if the job listing doesn't say how much the job pays its a bad idea to apply for that job?

Yes

Visual Studio > Any other IDE

No, but you need to be prepared to negotiate and not blindly take whatever lowball offer they make first.

Emacs > Any other IDE

no, there's a lot of reasons that the salary isn't listed
maybe they don't want to put someone off who is more qualified because they put a number that was too low
or maybe it's a headhunter looking to get your resume so that they can pass it around to various places and land you a job for a cut

I just quit my job at Lockheed in Florida.

I was hired by them out of Uni for 60K salary.

>Florida. Lockheed or Harris if you see this hire me.
Hey, me too
been thinking about applying to some defense contractors, but they all require a security clearance and I don't have anyone who can apply for me

They also probably won't want competitors knowing how much the company pays its employees. They may want to try to lowball you in the stressful interview setting, too.

Do Linux shills actually believe this?
Or do they like living in the 80's?

Also interview at more than one company at a time, preferably several at once. It's a lot easier to say "I want 5k more than you're offering me" if you already have another offer lined up for 4k more.

>having back up offers in the bag
>the current year
ok einshteen

Don't like it? Make me a better offer.