/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

Previous thread Fuck music tackers and their impossible economies edition

>Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
Tracker Manifesto: pastebin.com/thLgSkNE
Wiki: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOyaQpRMpkk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck you

Has ptg always been this dead or is it slowly on the way out?

/marked/

dead as fuck senpai, no one even linked to this new thread from the old one

>R I P

Thread died before the new one was made. It's game over, boys. The cabal won.

Azathoth used to post 20 times a thread.

Fuck me? Fuck you!

ItalianKitty sends her regards

Bladerunner golden popcorn picks are out. Pyramid time

youtube.com/watch?v=KOyaQpRMpkk

>Blade Runner 2049 [2017]
>x264 / MKV / Blu-ray / 1080p / Freeleech (23h1m left)
LET'S PYRAMID BOIS

What does Pyramid mean?

What is going on with PTP?

owo

it means snatch it while it's hot. buffer cuck call to arms
>using new fag pastebins

>POPULAR PRIVATE TRACKERS & TERMS
>AB -- Animebytes (anime, you fucking retard) (usually considered cabal, but opinions may vary)
>AN
>cabal

Need 1 more month on AB before I can join GGn. How hard is it to climb up on GGn for a PTP invite?

>pirating media
oh to be a high schooler again. Have fun

Pretty easy 2bh... just upload old computer games from discs you have lying around.

I was a part of what.cd, ptp, bitgamer, btn, etc, in high school and early college. When you start getting older, and time/convenience starts being more valuable than a few bucks here and there, you'll start pirating less and less as well.

Seriously, though, have fun while it lasts. It felt really cool when I was younger to be part of 'exclusive' groups.

What's the point of private trackers? Nearly everything can be found on public trackers and you're just creating a literal account of all your illegal activity. Next time your government decides to make a harsh example out of someone and scare other torrenters private trackers are a great target. The communities are small and extremely active in distribution to maintain ratios. Did you know that you can get 10 years in prison for torrenting? VPN won't save you either cuck because you have to make your account with a residential ip. Enjoy getting raped by Tyrone for years of your youth because you wanted to download anime and feel like you're special and part of some gay secret club. Fucking scum

>Nearly everything can be found on public trackers
Yeah except seeders. The main ingredient. There's no retention. Was getting on HDB a nonworthwhile autistic endeavor? Absolutely. But I am happy I have it and my btn / ptp buddies alongside it
> and you're just creating a literal account of all your illegal activity
More like 4-10 accounts but okay user

>Enjoy getting raped by Tyrone for years of your youth because you wanted to download anime
This will never be my problem. Stupid weeb pirating cartoons that are just as shitty streamed

I'm not in school anymore and I find it as quick as streaming services, and I have more to choose from with better video/audio quality if I need it. I haven't had to worry about buffer for years either. The shut downs are the only obstacle I can think of.

see

The whole appeal of pirated media is time and convenience, I have no clue what you're talking about. I log on to my network of choice, download the content I want, and then I have it. I don't need to fuck around with any buffering, accounts, licensing, any of that shit. Just recently a friend of mine was trying to link me free music and it was restricted in my region, meanwhile I can just send them an http link to an mp3 illegally hosted on my computer and there's no fucking around with VPNs, registering, and other shit.

Best of all I really like having my files so that I can actually use them when traveling instead of being dependent on some very expensive , "Unlimited"(not unlimited), fragile as shit, mobile plan.

Private torrent trackers are shit for convenience though which is why I don't use them anymore. Unreliable shite with all kinds of regulations. The only time I use private trackers is when I can't find something on a public network and I immediately make it public when I'm done to save someone else the hassle.

It's gonna sound like I'm trolling, but when I want to watch something I just sit on my couch, and tell my phone "Put It's Always Sunny on TV", and then my apple tv brings up It's Always Sunny on Hulu. It streams in HD, so I don't have to even think of it. I just say it and it happens. No need to go on PTP, search it, download it fully, plug my laptop in (or however people do that nowadays) my TV, and play it

I nostalgia’d

Minus the audio command, you can do that with an RSS feed and PLEX hooked up to Chromecast or a smart TV.

Rest in peace

>implying getting into private trackers is difficult

Too difficult for you, clearly, public tracker pleb. Have fun with those cease and desist letters from Warner Bros getting you booted off your ISP.

Have fun in prison

Not before HBO take you to court for pirating a Game of Thrones episode and the judge throws you into county jail.

I never seed I'll get let off easy. You have records of you seeding HEAVILY. better start loosening the old anus user

They'll be less likely to come after me because cable companies don't hire people to monitor and report my trackers like they do with yours. That megabyte of data you uploaded while still downloading the file is enough to get you locked up.

How long until redacted gets shut down like what CD did?

Uhh.. you do know copyright infringement is a civil matter, right?

I'm working on it now.

Not true user you will be more likely to send a message. One of these private trackers will get their servers seized and the users will get absolutely hammered in an effort to strike down all the other private trackers. This is the place where everyone distributes and honeypots can't happen. You are more dangerous so you are more likely to get fucked

Seeding is distribution dildo look it up

If they want to send a message they can do this at any time with a select group of 100 public tracker plebs, any time they want. People are more likely to freak out over a bunch of normies getting in trouble with the law than a handful of private tracker nerds in a hidden corner of the internet. These trackers simply aren't a big enough deal to go in this hard against them, unlike the law-dodging public trackers that have been shut down and resurrected dozens of times.

This. Even WCD was too small of a target for the government to give two shits.

>actually being able to find enough decent culture in 2018 to warrant membership of a private tracker
There is nothing left.

At least WCD deleted all user data before going down the drain. Redacted literally will not remove user accounts under any circumstances. They will sell your crimes to the authorities in order to save themselves.

Would any of these trackers have rarer 60s-80s shows like the Paul Hogan Show or Fast Forward? You can't find full seasons of these older skit comedy variety shows anywhere besides a couple of segments on youtube or on compilation DVDs. Don't know if Private Trackers are the way to go or I should be raiding garage sales for episodes taped on VHS.

Given their close connections with PTP, and PTP having sold users out themselves, that's not a far stretch..

How do you people find anything worth downloading any more, even with all scene releases at your fingertips?

You guys are just trying to scare me r-right? What did PTP do? And wouldn't the feds want the admins more than the users?

IIRC, people who uploaded DVD screeners of new movies were ratted out on in return for PTP's amnesty. There's not really any kind of direct parallel for music (I guess CD promos or something of the like) so it's not a 1:1 comparison.

Tomorrow.

What's a scene release?

Wow that's gross why does anyone still use PTP

well dvd screeners are not allowed to be uploaded now...

Scene rips by rip groups.

you do know thats how what.cd worked, dont you?

kek I have no clue. I was making all the prison posts too hoping that someone would call me an idiot and ease my nerves but I'm still as paranoid as ever. Logically I know that even if I did get caught I would jsut get a cease and desist but it still fucks with my mind knowing they could feasibly send me to prison until I'm 30 years old just for wanting a good source of music and anime

Overall thoughts on buying/trading torrent invites?

How to get to ptp from AB?

lol

Is it possible to get to PTP from Bib? What's the path?

AB -> GGn (-> AHD optional path) -> PTP

BIB > HDB > PTP

feralhosting was just raided
hope you didn't have an account there

proof pls

site just went offline
seized FBI warning coming up in the next few hours

Yo. I just recently invited to a private tracker.

How to maintain the ratio? From all the torrents I browsed there are always some seeders and most of them have 0 leechers. What are the best files to maintain or even exceed the ratio?

Which tracker?

AB

Really old files with no seeders are the best ;^)

How can I even get the file to seed if there were no seeders to begin with?

users can't access the site or their seedboxes but they are still seeding
they're serving as honeypots right now
PT admins would be wise to ban FH seedboxes as soon as possible

False.

He's pullin' yer leg m8, old files are the last thing you want to download.
As long as your upload is 5mbit or more you want to grab new stuff soon after upload

>time/convenience starts being more valuable
That's exactly why I torrent though. Are you retarded?

Where can I find full RAWs of 24? Or just the bonuses desu.

The thing is the new stuffs are all available outside of the private trackers though. Would they count into the ratio?

Also they pretty much banned bitcommet for some reason so I have to choose other torrent client. Is utorrent the least bloated torrent client?

Deluge and rtorrent are best for seedboxes. Use qbittorrent for desktop

+1 for rtorrent

If I have

AHD, PTP, BTN, KG, BiB, RED, The geeks, The Occult, The vault, GGN, AR, IPT, MaM, NW, AB and UGC am I still curry and a nenon?

Is rtorrent libtorrent?

>deluge for seedbox
>python
>dog shit slow
>no labels
>no program hooks
ishggydggyhopeudont

>No HDB

Kill yourself

lads i got my AB application rejected within 5 minutes of applying

how is that even possible i wrote fucking loads

retard

Well i am fucked on that one for at least a year.

you would think so, frankly i thought i was putting too much effort into it - better to make 100% sure i thought

Deluge is shit for large amounts of torrents, but it's ok for autosnatching. The thin client is much more responsive than the Web UI. There's an official labels plugin that is installed by default.

Yes.

>Download trumpable Flac album from RED.
>Burn to CDRW.
>Rip with EAC
>Upload as perfect flac.
>Profit.

>not using Deluge with ltconfig

Disgusting. If you want Hi-Fi audio you have to download mp3s from youtube, then burn them, then rip them via EAC and upload with 100% log

Thanks. Will get into it soon.

>or however people do that...
lack of interest for other methods

no offense, but wait for a streaming company
to dictate to you where your streams are
playable (only mac/ios, windows, android with app)
because of their DRM

If your reddit-spacing Sup Forums posts are any indication. You did not put in any effort at all.

Downloaded. But don't know how to use it (no .exe file inside).

Should I just stick to utorrent? I have no prior knowledge of programming language.

new utorrent is bloated with trash, just use qbittorrent, it's an open-source utorrent clone, basically

It is just as simple to use as utorrent I assumed?

Seriously there is no reason to not allow bitcommet. It dindu nuffin.

>pantyhose
HNHGNGGGGGGGGGGG