Is Apple the only company left that values user privacy?

Is Apple the only company left that values user privacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59wkkk/fbi-hacker-says-apple-are-jerks-and-evil-geniuses-for-encrypting-iphones
cellebrite.com/en/unlock-sales-inquiry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Apple
>values user privacy

virtue signalling

>Caring about privacy.

Got something to hide, user?

>part of prism
>privacy
sure thing

Fuck off iToddler.

apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/

>At times Apple may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Apple to provide products and services, or that help Apple market to customers. For example, when you purchase and activate your iPhone, you authorize Apple and your carrier to exchange the information you provide during the activation process to carry out service. If you are approved for service, your account will be governed by Apple and your carrier’s respective privacy policies. Personal information will only be shared by Apple to provide or improve our products, services and advertising; it will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.

>Apple shares personal information with companies who provide services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, assessing your interest in our products and services, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys. These companies are obligated to protect your information and may be located wherever Apple operates.

>It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Apple to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.

>We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.

>apple
>privacy

DELETE THIS.

Tim Cook saves your dick pics

Nice feets tho.

>sharing your information only when it’s required i.e. when required for use of a service, customer satisfaction or to comply with the law vs Google’s approach of making money off shipping ads right to your face and selling it to market research and ad companies
This is the state of Angroid fanboys

>Apple
>values user privacy

>hey apple, got some new customer's metrics?
yep
>ok, we want it.
is.. is it required?
>yes
here, you go

No because they don't value privacy. For fucks sake, this was the company most widely mentioned during the whole Prism thing.

The company that showed the fbi how to hack their phones after san bernandino?

>Privacy
>Closed source
Loving
EVERY
laugh

Yeah tell that to all the celeb whores who got leaked during the fappenings

that was a result of phishing, not from a weakness in Apple's security
did you even read the FBI report pajeet

Yes
They use HSMs
Sup Forums doesn’t even know what those are

Nice argument angroid.
Notice how you couldn’t actually address my point?

On Android you get warned if something is a phising scam.

Please tell me you’re not actually retarded. Research what happened before posting, tripfag

It wouldn't have happened on Android.

It didn't even happen on iOS. It was social engineering through external email addresses which allowed them to pose as the owners of known email accounts.
Why are tripfags all mouthbreathing, illiterate retards?

I literally get a popup if that happens on Android and Google stops them.

wasn't it a flaw where you could make unlimited password guesses if you accessed the API directly?

If you actually looked at the original case most of the phished celebrity accounts were gmail addresses used as iCloud accounts.
Why didn’t google recognized they were being phished? This is why underage tripfags need to be banned.

Because he's a fag right?

DELET

It’s hard to deny the iPhone X is the best looking phone out there.

i just broke it down reaaaaaly simple for you trapple folks how business speech looks in real life.

>I put no effort in looking into what the other OS does/can do
>I just shout shit on an anonymous board as the only guy with a name because I'm special
Fuck off.

Who did you quote? Yourself?

If you read Google's policy you will find practically the same wording.
They don't sell or give your personal information to third parties for the same reasons as Apple, they just use it themselves more to advertise to you, which Apple is starting.

Apple hates other companies making money off their users, so they are moving into the same spaces as them. That's why they started up their advertising arm.
They'll try to replace Google on their platforms, which means becoming Google for their users.

google official phone doesn't have one too
apple is trendsettler
they created the pinhole sim tray ejection
and the nano sim too
every other company follow
like sheep

>itoddler calling anyone else sheep

Even your own fucking government calls you brain dead fruit worshippers "zombies." LMAO

both are shit companies for usunng your data
>somehow trapple is still better

In reality, Apple is the only company that pretends to value user privacy, whereas other companies are actually honest.

Some botnets block competitors.

/thread
Would far rather trust Jewgle and MS than fucking crApple. The company was literally founded by a conartist and survives entirely on scamming and tricking retards into buying low quality trash marked up 1000%.

The fbi LITERALLY can’t hack into current iPhones, why do pajeets have selective memory when it comes to things that prove them wrong?

This.

DELET

>The fbi LITERALLY can’t hack into current iPhones
Do you have proof they can't?
I would like you to present it if you do.

>t. CIA nigger

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/59wkkk/fbi-hacker-says-apple-are-jerks-and-evil-geniuses-for-encrypting-iphones
They seemingly have no problem with android phones. The absolute state.

Time to retake high school writing, sources that aren’t current aren’t considered accurate, rasheesh

He said to provide proof, not a publicity stunt you iToddler shill.

Time to retake high school writing, sources that aren’t current aren’t considered accurate, rasheesh

2018 is pretty recent, do they use the same calendar in India?
“ITS NOT PROOF BECAUSE I DONT AGREE”
>>>/reddit/

>FBI forensic expert Stephen Flatley lashed out at Apple, calling the company “jerks,” and “evil geniuses” for making his and his colleagues' investigative work harder.
Harder, not impossible.

>On the other hand, Flatley repeatedly praised the israeli company Cellebrite, which sells hacking devices and technologies to law enforcement agencies around the world. Flatley said that they are the ones who can counter Apple’s security technology.
Oh there is software available.

So where is your proof?

cellebrite.com/en/unlock-sales-inquiry/
Cellebrite is only able to access data on iPhones up to the iPhone 6S, which is 2 generations behind.

thistbhfam

You think the FBI would deal with this company through their web form?

You think they would provide their greatest services to the public?

This
fpbp
/thread
Also this. Thanks for the laughs OP.

Nice reddit spacing but they have always been transparent with their hardware capabilities. They’re not based in America so why would they owe any level of operational secrecy to the FBI?
Please think before replying.

How will iToddlers EVER recover?

>show pic related
>still give everything to triple letter agencies
USA USA USA USA USA

That's because iPhones are encrypted by default and automatically erase themselves after 10 wrong attempts, whereas Androids aren't. If you just encrypt your Android, put a good password on it and make it erase itself after ten wrong attempts (possible with root) then the fbi can't do shit to you.

android still isn’t encrypted by default
SAD

>They’re not based in America so why would they owe any level of operational secrecy to the FBI?
For money.

Look, I'm not saying there's any proof they can get into iPhone 7 and above, but we are talking about a security agency here. There's no way they're going to be completely honest about their capabilities with the public so your definitive statement that they can't get into those devices is baseless.

There's a lot of devices they don't list on that page, even Samsung devices they don't list. Does that mean they can't get into those devices? Probably not. Should take it as proof they can't get into those devices? Definitely not.
Try thinking before you post.

They’re obviously listing highly sought after devices, brainlet.
They plainly mention on their website their capabilities and the requirements to use their service. Please stop being a retarded mouth breathing neet

A lot of Android devices ARE encrypted by default. Probably all medium tier and higher ones are.

There's just so many different devices available in the Android family that there are bound to be some being sold today that aren't.

>They’re obviously listing highly sought after devices, brainlet.
And if the iPhone 7, 8 and X aren't highly sought after devices? Are you just assuming they are?

To correct myself, SOME of them aren't. My Oneplus 5t had it when I got it. Now all I have to worry about is the goddamn chinese trying to steal my data.

They’re obviously listing devices that they’re capable of entering. They just recently got into the 6s, I’m not sure you understand the work Apple puts into improving on the security architecture in their chips every year.
Please go back to rebbit

So this statement
>Advanced Unlocking Services are available for the latest Apple iOS devices and operating systems, including iPhone, iPad, iPad mini, iPad Pro and iPod touch, running iOS 5 to iOS 11; Samsung Galaxy and Galaxy Note devices; and other popular Android devices from Alcatel, Google Nexus, HTC, Huawei, LG, Motorola, ZTE, and more. This list of supported products is continuously updated so you should contact Cellebrite (need contact info) for specific requests.
Is excluding the latest Apple devices?

Still not seeing any specific models, sorry soyboy

But it clearly says the latest devices.
It also says on that inquiry page to contact your local agent for the most up to date list of devices, which suggests that the list on that page is not up to date.

So you have no legs to stand on. There's no definitive proof on that site that they can't get into higher than 6S and there is strong language suggesting they can.

The iPhone 6S is still a current device and they just announced being able to get into that last year. Sorry soy but historical evidence strongly suggests otherwise, I guess it’s just hard for redditors to admit they’re wrong

>The iPhone 6S is still a current device
Yes, it is a CURRENT device, but it isn't one of the LATEST devices.

Fucking learn English.

English is my first language. why are you getting upset, redditor? mad you’re wrong?

No, mad that you replaced a word with another word that doesn't mean the same thing.

Getting mad on the internet is for children and this is a website for adults. Sorry redditor but time’s up

Assume all proprietary software is after yoir information. Sounds retarded but we're living in a time where the users are the products.

It's good that you have at least mastered the ad hominem argument, if nothing else.