Windows Vista

What does Sup Forums think of Windows Vista?

pic related

/ t h r e a d
t
h
r
e
a
d

it was ok.
its timing, not so much, considering that we were just beginning to get over the housefire that was NetBust

There was nothing wrong with it. Just poorfags trying to run it on under powered hardware, and people not knowing the difference between 32 and 64 bit.

Suffered from unfortunate timing. It ran great on computers with decent hardware.

Worked fine on my machine.

lousy imitation and implementation of aqua

god awful performance. not worth the eye candy, if that's what you consider it

its a competent os, just kinda different feel than say, windows 7. Also fewer programs are supported on the os nowadays, (i.e anything adobe)

It was woefully lacking drivers when it was launched, and even hardware that Microsoft had certified as Vista-Ready couldn't run it. It was a shit sandwich at launch that got much better as time went on.

>god awful performance
Maybe on your computer designed to run Windows 98.

Still the best looking os even more aesthetic than 7.

>more aesthetic than 7
yea no. Its not as bad as people make it out to be but win 7 is leagues better

Bump

Shitty version of Windows XP

Bump

I ran it for a while because i fucked my XP install, couldn't find a disc and only had a vista disk to hand, I had literally no problems with it. Biggest issue was drivers but this was stuff like USB ADSL modems and if you were still using those you were retarded anyway.

it was only usable from sp2
my parents computer had vista, and it just kept crashing, even though we were running modern hardware at the time

I don't think of Vista.

pile of fucking shit it was... The worst combo of in XP and 7.

Its still way worse than Windows 10 but at least in vista there wasn't auto install bullshit apps and suggested app ads built into the fucking start menu. It's like every time someone installs Windows 10 it says in the terms and conditions "you are installing botnet, we can say this freely because no one will read this"

Not for long though. I had e8500, GTX 280, 8GB DDR2 and after a year it shat the bed, similar to what earlier builds of windows 10 would do.

Almost decent for the time.
Also better than 7.

With latest service pack it basically worked like 7.

Vista was rushed, OEMs didn't have enough time to prepare good drivers for it.
It was too heavy for most people's computers at the time of launch, but then again so were 95 and XP.
There was supposed to be another stopgap OS between XP and what eventually became Vista.

It was pure shit, especially on medium tier computer at the time of launch.
>you use 100% of your LAN connection and your audio stops working

It is windows millennium tier shit.

>performance worse than XP
>reliability worse than XP
>numerous features presented on XP removed
>supposed new features weren't included
>compatibility issues
>Aero was shit and pointless
>heavy for most consumer computers when released
>overpriced af
Vista was mostly a test system for 7 ann

A massive improvement over XP, a great stepping stone for 7. I actually regret getting on the 7 bandwagon so soon, Vista was the first version of Windows I used that just werked, and it was a worthy competitor to Mac OS X. I did use it on a midrange prebuilt from launch though, and I know it wasn't as smooth for others.

i hate the fucking ribbon interface cancer crammed into 7. give me vista any day over that

I wish Vista was still supported, it's definitely the best looking Windows OS. But for now I guess I'll have to wait for a nice and working Vista theme.

It's not as bad as people said. I used it from 2009 until June of last year and it handled everything ok. The only problems I had were with newer programs running on it, as they needed win7 or better.
In some aspects it was even better than win 7, as it let you sort files with one click by name, date modified etc even if you are viewing files as large/medium icons or something like that. The version of win7 that I'm using only supports this feature if you view files as 'details' only.

Vista was a slow prone to crash-more-than-often OS with slow performance and common crashes.

But still, I do miss it. It was a really beautiful visually OS that made its job in most of cases. Seeing how W10 is terrible in every aspect, I sometimes wonder if Vista really deserved the backlash it received at its time.

Here's an idiot who never even tried it.
Vista was pretty much a beta version of Windows 7, in fact Vista SP2 is pretty much the same as 7.
The name was tarnished, so they killed it and released 7, but there really isn't much of a difference between the two, except for the fact that Vista is not supported anymore, while 7 still is.
Vista was a very important OS, it laid the foundation for the new generation of Windows systems.

>What does Sup Forums think of Windows Vista?
you can hack wireless with windows vista using modified driver.

I thought it was ok. For some reason less popular Windows versions always run better for me. XP, 7, and 10 have all sorts of problems. Vista and 8 run fine

>Shitty version of Windows XP

wut? you don't know shit.

I used a USB ADSL modem until 2012.
Between vista and xp, xp obviously.
The vista is the most aesthetic OS ever made. But was shitty.

Loved Vista