Why aren't you using one character variable names? Sure, it can be confusing, but it runs a lot faster

Why aren't you using one character variable names? Sure, it can be confusing, but it runs a lot faster

Who is this qt?

stop. and get help

when I first started learning coding (in pascal) and did very short functions and programs, I did the same too. not because I was lazy, but because I was a math guy, and to me variables are x,y,z,n etc...

later on, when I saw the length and size of programs, I understood the need to make variable names easy to understand.

now as for speed, that's not correct. when compiled, variables become memory addresses and offsets (just a bunch of hex values), so it doesn't matter what you name them from the machine's viewpoint. it's only relevant when you modify the high-level code. for example when you reverse engineer or disassemble, you don't get variable names. you just have to assign the names again if you want to make sense of anything.

op is bait

I just wanted to let you know that I appreciated what is probably the only serious and sincere reply on Sup Forums this decade.

And to top it off, its a reply to bait.

What happens when you run out of letters?

numbers

How can the compiler tell your single number variable name apart from an integer literal?

open new pack of alphabet

do emojis count?

In Swift you can literally use emojis as variable names

damn millennials

>for example when you reverse engineer or disassemble, you don't get variable names. you just have to assign the names again if you want to make sense of anything.

Not true. Take for example C#. All your variable names are still there when you decompile.

I don't care, it takes 0.0001 more seconde when I compile code..

the compiler takes longer to compile, and besides who even uses compiled languages, it's 2018

there are no integer literals. Only null() and successor().

Those ten thousandths of seconds add up.
When you have a bigger project, you use millions of variables. That adds up to around 100 second. Most large programs could be compiled around 100 seconds faster if they used one letter names

Emojis

Whoops that's the unedited version

>fuck her
what else could you mean?

Anyone know her name btw

What the fuck is that line on her bottom eyelid?
It looks fucking awful.

unless obfuscated

>a guy in drag
>her
lmao

>56% face

Where does Apple find all of these ugly fucking people?

what race is she?

global variables with shorter names are accessed faster in lua, since setting/getting them involves performing a hash table lookup in _G, afaik

the human race

San Francisco.
Mutts truly are horrendous

not only swift, but any language whose compiler reads UTF-8 translation units, clang on apple does so