Is this true?

Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/computing/96829-rent-the-worlds-30th-fastest-30472-core-supercomputer-for-1279-per-hour
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487294
amazon.co.jp/玄人志向-1050Ti搭載-グラフィックボード-GF-GTX1050Ti-4GB-SF/dp/B01M5GN23M/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Eh, it's not as bad as it was and is getting better. Afaik it was AMD cards that were hit the worst

Were you born retarded or did you suffer an accident you dense cunt?

This only really applies to mid/high range GPUs. Cheap stuff like 1050ti/RX560 and below are only slightly more expensive AFAIK.

It's true apart from the fact that bitcoin has nothing to do with this shortage

Why did all the sites catch up on gpu prices a year later when it started?

most websites get their news from reddit and social media, they just browse the top posts and reblog whatever seems interesting. I guess they just noticed people bitching about GPUs

Its false.

Buy my GTX 1080 for $4000 pls

>Cheap stuff like 1050ti/RX560 and below are only slightly more expensive AFAIK.
Cryptokeks buy those in bulk too, so even if they are just a BIT more expensive in a lot of places they are not in stock too.

Building a whole PC is just a pain in the ass these days. Feels like it was much easier 4 years ago.
>inflated ram prices
>unavailable gpu's
>intel cpu's need to be delidded if you want the best performance
>amd cpu's need the fastest, most expensive ram
>nvme ssd's don't work with older OS's
>good chance your gpu suffers from coil whine and needs to be returned
>spectre/meltdown vulnerabilities
It's just so tiresome. At this point I'd just recommend people to buy a PS4.

It's retards mining shitty scammy altcoins. The king, Bitcoin, is mined with asics.

Fuckin newfags praying their shitty altcoin has a future (it doesn't)

100% lie OP, gtx 1060s are truly worth $1000

>Rent supercomputer for a day
>Mine shitloads of coins
>Get return on investment and profit instantly

This shit is a ponzi scheme.

Where do you "rent" a supercomputer?

extremetech.com/computing/96829-rent-the-worlds-30th-fastest-30472-core-supercomputer-for-1279-per-hour

>thinking you would mine shitloads of coins
>thinking you would actually pay back the cost of renting the super computer

Its terrible. At my store we have barely anything in stock. 710, watercooled cards and a few 1050s

I have an MSI GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR3. Only been in use for about 3 years now. Excellent, pretty much new condition.

This is the perfect time for (you) to buy it from me, a steal at only $450. Get it before I jack the price up to market value.

Prices used to be a lot lower, but there's also less and less need to upgrade.
Buy a higher end PC now and it'll be viable at least 10 years or until it suffers a hardware failure.
Really the only thing you'll need to upgrade is the GPU.

So the miners leave water cooled cards alone? Makes sense, since they just want to ten a profit and would naturally avoid the cards that come with frivolous extra expenses.

Pretty much but its fucking ridiculous seeing a guy and his buddies buy all the 560s or 1050s. Some tried to buy like 10 watercooled 1080tis but i declined him

How many dollars worth of coins can you realistically mine in an hour? Is it more than $1279?

>inflated ram prices
>amd cpu's need the fastest, most expensive ram

If it was more than $1279 do you honestly think you would be able to rent it?

I dunno, not a lot of people have the money to just drop $1279 or more all at once.

Possibly

The real question is if what you can mine in an hour will climb in value soon enough to make your little positive gearing scheme pay off in the end. It's essentially the same as buying stock with loaned money. You hope the stock will increase in value faster than the interest rate of of the loan.

How long would it take to set up a mining program on a super computer? Would the sheer computation of the computer make the program crash? Is the computer connected to the internet? Can you install a rootkit miner on it that will make you money long after your time is up?

A lot of people who are already miners could do it, they would just have to sell some coin they already have.
If they saw it as profitable then they would do it. They buy tens of GPUs at a time already.

I was helping my nephew build a budget gaming system for Christmas. Pic related is the screenshot I took to email him a solid recommend for his budget (we were trying to find a decent card for about $120/$125). He didn't buy this one because he didn't think his budget could stretch that far. I was more than a little upset at him because I would have gladly given him the extra $15 if he had said anything to me about it. The card was selling for about $180 usually at the time, but was discounted for about a week at the beginning of December; I knew he couldn't touch this sort of graphics power for this price.

Compare to today's price:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487294

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti FTW GAMING 04G-P4-6258-KR, 4GB GDDR5

Go ahead, you lying fucking faggot. I fucking dare you to click through on that link and see what it's selling for today. In the first week of January it was selling for about $230.

Boy, those were the Good Ol' Days when the card was a great value for just under $250.

ridiculous, I helped some teenagers do two budget builds with 6gb SC EVGA 1060's for $240 each, the small ones with only a single fan and I thought that was kind of expensive at the time, this was last month.

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487294
Just one from Japan.
amazon.co.jp/玄人志向-1050Ti搭載-グラフィックボード-GF-GTX1050Ti-4GB-SF/dp/B01M5GN23M/

>last month

(you) didn't read my post or click through on that link, yet took the time to shitpost a reply and pretend your fantasy world is some sort of reality

I notice you can't provide a live link to back up your lies. Because you're a lying faggot.

I went to your link, I was agreeing with you and strengthening your point the price is ridiculous, who the fuck is going to pay $1k for a 1050?

you gotta get that chip off your shoulder buddy

Monster had a chip on her shoulder. But then she ate it.

Crypto is hardly new at this point. You idiots should be happy - higher demand means cheaper prices for all once nVidia/AMD get their heads out of their ass and ramp up production.

If they were smart, they would up the availability of their workstation cards which would be even more suited for crypto purposes.

It is from scalpers trying to flip cards to a bigger fool.

Etherium is the hot crypto-currency that's being mined by GPUs but all of the low-hanging fruit is gone. Mining only makes sense for the early birds or those already had spend capital expenditure on GPUs in bulks before the price craze.

> hit the worst

you mean hit the best. Radeon was releasing uncompetitive obsolete garbage and cryptocurrency saved it.

you kidding? with the RAM monopoly thanks to those Thai floods a few years ago prices are going to be fucked for years until someone opens a new plant.

Women.

>until someone opens a new plant.
why don't they though? bc may crash but this type of computing is hardly going to go away. some other form of crypto will just take off.

this

>not shorting GPUs

lol, I bought my 1060 over a year for 30 bucks less than the going price of a 1050ti today. Which is irrelevant because they're not even in stock.

I feel you. That still does sound a little expensive since the full size ones were selling at that price only a year ago. You would expect them to be selling for a lot less after a year.

how long before the first mining processing unit? an MPU.

someone shat in your cheerios this morning

They're called ASICs

>ASICs
oh. little did i know.

>nvme ssd's don't work with older OS's
Complete non-issue, you shouldn’t expect older OS’s to support new technologies

Why would anyone eat their cheerios after that? It would be very obvious.

fuck off satan.
it's getting worse by the day.
today is actually worse than yesterday, since I started to notice that even nivdia 1060's are starting to get affected a bit harder.

used vega 56 for 1000 on ebay

More like Vega 56%

>with 537 bids

I'm waiting for that glorious day when crypto crashes and miners suddenly have to dump massive stock of rapidly devaluing GTX 1080 TIs, 1080s and 1070s to recoup their money. It's going to be delicious.

i'm waiting for it to hit 100k already, become the new normal and stabilize the market with new compute mining only gpu's (not asic, or akin to it) that'll make gamer gpu's look like a real bad investment

I don't think this ride will end any time soon.

Good I hope some of that money goes into make threadripper 2 better. I need hardware passthrough and many cores. The intel 6 core is limiting. Want to simulate clusters on a single cpu.

Minerfucks buy dozens of high-end GPUs at a time. They easily could.

They are reluctant to add production because that is a sunk cost and it has crashed before. In the last ten years I think in fact so its fresh in their minds.

They might give in though if crypto doesn't go away.

RX 550s are next, yo. Better get them fast before it's too late.

Yep, fastest 1060 is a thousand dollars right now at Newegg.

> Tfw you live in a country too poor and computer illiterate to invest in crypto

honestly I think I'm going to recommend people sell their 1000 series cards if they still have their 900 series cards, like if you bought a 1070 but still own your 970 it makes sense to get a $1k profit and go back to the older card for a while if it's just for games

Mfw 1050tis are 250.

>set up email notifications for EVGA restocking 1080 Tis
>haven't gotten a single one yet

This is what I used to get a 1080ti.

Download distill.io, add a bunch of pages that stock cards (specific pages on newegg/amazon/etc), set time to 1 minute refresh, set what you're monitoring to the "out of stock" text. because when that's gone you can be pretty sure it's in stock or the page is gone. then just wait until a very loud noise happens and try to buy.

It took me just 3 hours from setting this up to buying one.

Intel masterrace reporting in.
It's integrated.

This was true 4 years ago, too.

I don't game much anymore - maybe I'm just not up-to-speed - but as long as you stay on 1080p I doubt you're going to run into issues for quite a long time. IMO 4k is overrated so whatever.

yeah and with HEVC becoming the norm you can use the GPU to render out your shit in about 7 minutes compared to the CPU which would take a few hours.

>get email from Massdrop this morning for Geforce 1080ti drop
already sold out when I clicked, don't even know what they were selling for

there is no reason not to sell right now. there are several reasons why GPUs will drop in price:

- there are a limited number miners left waiting to buy cards
- more miners = less profit mining = less miners
- crypto could crash at any time for multiple reasons

sold my card for $$$ and thought I would just be out of gaming for a few months
>my 4 year old i7 iGPU has the power of an 8800
well fuck, I can still play any old game at 1080p and most newer games by dropping resolution

yeah this seems to be a sell but never buy type of situation with GPU's I can't ever trust a used GPU again after crypto

There's a site that keeps track of available stock for both retailers and online shops. For the first time ever, every single model of 1060 and up was completely out-of-stock except on Ebay (the people selling them there are all product flippers who resell the cards at massively inflated prices).

I think NVIDIA partners are more than capable of expanding their output, I find it hard to believe there's nobody out there with available factory space. The problem is that the demand is not stable, third parties don't want to end up with massive stocks of GPU's that may not sell if the crypto craze cools down.

Enjoy your Specdown intelcuck

>APU is where it's at

amd makes no extra money per sale

made a gpu that at msrp kicked the 1080's shit in... yea, amd made a bad gpu again for 400$.

no, crypto made it so you only ever got that gpu at msrp when some retailers had email early in specials. coin miners are again, ruining amd gpus.

what happened was a worst case scenario for 3 months in a row. it won't be till q2 that manufactures are able to respond to demand.

nvme ssd on windows 7 right here.
no real issue at all, I can't imagine using an os older then this and even needing an nvme though, I only got one because the cost of a sata saturateing ssd (most programs bottleneck 400~mb read) and an nvme were about equal, so I went nvme.

it easily does, the issue is what is the coin that will take over bitcoins use?

bitcoin hs enough flaws in it that it makes it near non viable for normal transactions.

At this point should we just wait for the 2000 series, or would that get fucked up too?

amd or nvidia are goint to make an anti coin chip.

Look at nvidia for example, they have 2 markets being served by 1 card, and 1 market wont buy at those fucking prices, and they see no extra money at those stupid fucking prices

they will make an anti coin chip, the chip will fuck most coins and likely be updated through the production to get new versions of coin.

This will allow the 'cheap' gaming gpu prices, not gimping normal cuda use, and create a new card tier where they can sell 1060's for 1080ti prices and reap profits because they are selling the cards at a higher msrp, not nvidia selling the cards at gaming prices, manufactures selling at marked up 'mah coolers better than your cooler' prices, and retailers getting theirs, by selling the whole shipment to someone and they turn around and mark up to retarded prices.

CRYPTOCURRENCY WILL SAVE US ALL FROM THE SINGULARITY

HAIL BITCOIN
HAIL ETHEREUM

you're kidding, they all boosted up 100 euros, i got a 1070 rog strix few months ago at 490

that will likely have an anti mining chip in it, nvidia could split the market in 2 that are both served equally, but are currently stuck with 2 that one is unserved and the one they are selling to are not paying them more for gpus while they are paying fuck loads to scalpers.

i'm honestly considering buying an alienware with 64gb of memory and a 8400 and 2 1080tis for 2500$ and selling it for parts.

Wait for pinnacle ridge APUs.

>tfw ordered 2 AMD Radeon Vega 56's today for the sole purpose of mining Monero
Fight me, faggots

>Monero
It's a good coin, but you'll make better gains by mining Electroneum and trading it for Monero.

this.
Or just point it at nicehack, they are paying above market price

I hope cryptocurrencies go completely belly up just to see retards like you cry

How do u mine electronieum ?

Volta cards will be just as hard to obtain if not harder.

>mfw electricity is so fucking expensive here GPUs haven't really risen above MSRP
>can buy a 1080ti for the same price as americlaps despite currency being 30% weaker

What do you mean? Why is it bad to mine ethereum?

I don't understand this part

Like, you can understand why the higher end cards are being bought up. But the 1050 Ti was terribad for mining. Now all the fucking chinks are buying them in bulk for whatever fucking reason (probably their price fixing scheme)

Literally the only affordable card left is the piece of shit 1030

>durr ramp up production

It's not that simple user. First, when the bitcoin meme crashes they will be left with tons and tons of stock they won't be able to sell, especially because by that time they'll have their next gen cards ready to go and no one will want a 10 series NVIDIA card anymore.

Second, manufacturers can actually keep up with demand but the first party suppliers aren't actually demanding more, basically because of the same aforementioned reasons. Short term it's "good" because all their stock is selling like hotcakes, but they're playing with a VERY volatile market and at the same time they're also alienating their existing niche. Enthusiast PC building is the only market where they exist, so ASUS, MSI, EVGA etc aren't gonna be exactly happy about PCs in general just dying like that.

Also there's the issue that the retailer side of the equation is screwed. First party sellers are still selling GPUs at MSRP, but it's resellers that put them up on amazon and newegg and even FUCKING MICROCENTERS THEMSELVES who are fucking with the prices. Microcenters are LITERALLY price fixing in the same way that the chinks are doing it.

Even when retarded normies go out in droves to buy out all the NVIDIA GPUs they can get their hands on. It's a multi layered problem because greed took over. It's the greed of retards who want to get rich fast, the greed of retailers and the greed of chinks

this is the only comment in this thread that makes sense

Buddy

>Cheap stuff like 1050ti/RX560 and below are only slightly more expensive AFAIK.
I'd like to live in a country where those are considered cheap.

I feel you.

>ram doubles in price
>wait it out, fag

>gpu becomes 50% more expensive
>reeeeee miners die in a fire!!!!111