Macbook pro

Is it one of Apple's most timeless designs?
>models as early as 2009 still look relatively modern, a 2015 macbook pro looks the same as a 2009 one
>latest version of macOS still supports old 2009 era macbooks
>updating reputably makes the system far faster
>overpriced, but in a fair manner - you don't get any advertising in the operating system that comes with the computer
>multi touch trackpad that came out 7 years ago still performs exceptionally and outdoes any touchpad in the current market
>apple's Final Cut software is optimized for it, meaning you can edit video extremely efficiently (while using Premier / windows on the same hardware produces far slower results).
You thinkpad fags have literally NO idea what you're missing out on.

Other urls found in this thread:

9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
youtube.com/watch?v=dCj7KKqyOSo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Worked for IBM for a long time. Got my hands in many thinkpads, but the thing is, sometimes you get to the point where you just want to get comfortable and do not wish to waste your time on ephemeral customizations. By the time IBM got me a macbook with ssd and 16ram, productivity seemed to sky rocket. Maybe it's psychological, but it still worked out.

You can get the same (in my opinion even better) design for a fourth of the price of a new MacBook with similar specs and features with something like a Xiaomi Notebook Pro.

Yes it's a clone but holy shit that device is a blast. It has bo shitty branding on it's back which is much better than the gay apple on the MacBook.

The only things you don't get are: Apple logo to impress your soyboy friends, a slightly better display and macOS.

At least where i live there's a price difference of 1680€ between the 720€ Notebook Pro and the 2400€ MacBook Pro. As long as you don't shit money i don't think it is worth it.

thinkpads are way more comfy with their trackpoint

>entry price too high
>aluminum frame => drop once ruined forever,

>entry price too high
Fair, but it's still 100% worth it if it's second hand. And you do get what you pay for.
>drop once ruin forever
Same thing for most laptops. A light drop onto carpet is OK, but a heavy drop onto a hard surface or from an awkward angle is gonna fuck your computer regardless (unless you have some 50kg ironclad thinkpad monstrosity). Get better fine motor skills.

dropped mine. Got it a little crumpled on the edge. Nothing catastrophic. Like our fellow user said before, you may get the same quality with alts, but sometimes when you have the cash to burn, you just don't want to waste time researching the min-max option. You just take the safe way.

>asthetic is a big part of the price
>aluminum = easy to scratch, once bent ur fucked

also hackintosh exist

i ordered a macbook air 13 2015 yesterday, now i'm thinking about which protection case to go with

worst part of owning a mac sounds like owning an expensive car and being afraid of crashing into a shitty non-insured car. Even the most retard maintenances cost you an arm or a leg.

an arm or a leg is better than losing your life

the thing i like about mac is its minimalism,

trackpoint is nice to have but mac trackpad is the best out there.

Hackintosh exists, but good luck doing it on a laptop easily. You need some thinkpad abomination from 2011, or you'll have a computer without 30% of basic features. Yes, some laptops can do it 100% smoothly, but most will give you a somewhat gimped experience.
Hackintosh on PC is the way to go though, and there's literally 0 reason to buy a desktop mac now. On desktops it just werkz.

hackintoshed laptops nowadays are just a proof of concept. My 2 cents. However, desktops run great if you fine tune everything. Assembled a 7700k, 32 ram 1060 for design work for my wife. Spent a day to got it running, but results were overwhelming. Really recommend it if you wish to work with platform exclusives.

Oh, sure. My metaphor just assumes you're ok and you'd just have some trouble with the fixing

can i get one for $250 usd, no ram/hdd?

i'm poor. sell me a computer (:

you can always sell your kidney

you can get one with 1280x800 resolution
or you can bought a t420 1600x900 and hackintosh that

2015 rMBP is best IMO, buy one with 16GB of RAM and a small SSD, upgrade the SSD to a larger M2 drive.

>You thinkpad fags have literally NO idea what you're missing out on.

Not really. Apple is the reason why Thinkpad drop so fast and can be bought at bargain prices. I like that way.

same

> not wish to waste your time on ephemeral customizations
that's the main point Sup Forums won't get as they are not productive tho, just students losing their time ricing for no reason

you realise OP is talking about WORKING (I know it's a new word for you guys but...people do that sometimes)

if you're working in IT or at IBM you should be able to get several macbooks per month so what's the big deal? price is not an issue for an investment in productivity

>>updating reputably makes the system far faster
i love my core2duo macbook, but this isn't the case if you're not using an ssd

It is, sadly after Jobs the designn didn’t really move foreword that much. It didn’t need to be thinner and have an emoji bar (it’s ok but not hat useful), Jonny is running out of feasible ideas. Where is better screen without, by now, big bezels? Keyboard is unpolished, it’s bigger which is better but is loud as fuck, has not travel and is more prone to break then previous one. Why make it thinner, you just make your job with thermal balance harder, where is ddr4 (are they waiting for ddr5), oh it will eat battery fast? Then don’t make it thinner and increase battery instead with that new shittel/ayyemmdee combo.

You mean Acer's design. Macs are literal chinkshit knockoffs.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

2010 MBP user reporting in here. Still running really well 7 years on now. How many Micro$oft Windows PC laptop users are running 7 year old hardware i wonder?

>mactoddlers are impressed that their fruit trash is still functional after 7 years

but it doesn't look similar at all. Just because it's silver with black keys?

>Acer
>Making anything good
>ever

HOLY FUCK i had one of those Acer laptops in 2007. It was actually a really fucking good laptop. Time flies.

>>Apple
>>Making anything good
>>ever

You just single handedly btfo the applefags. The only valid point they have is no ads in the OS.

I've actually owned an Acer laptop tho. Doubt you've owned anything Apple.

7 years is a reasonable amount of time for a laptop.

One of the advantages of the unibody design on these things as opposed to cheap plastic laptops the likes of Dell and HP throw out.

LOL
>>The only valid point they have is no ads in the >>OS.

Lol at you M$ retards trying to play this down.

What an absolute joke of an OS Windows is.

Dell and HP laptops are made from high grade rugged ABS plastics. Apple chinktrash is made from cheap thin recycled beer cans.

They are made from plastic. They are cheap and flimsy in comparison to the MBP.

We just got a new team laptop (dell). It's a reasonably good spec but the screen, touch pad and general build quality really lags behind my 7 year old MBP.

I own both. Apple is fucking trash. Acer is trash as well, but Apple is trash that costs 5X what it should.

>as opposed to cheap plastic laptops the likes of Dell and HP throw out.
Remember when Apple made plastic laptops, those were even worse than the plastic laptops of other brands.
The problem is you compare consumer shit to business class laptops. My HP Elitebook can chop your Macbook in half and still work.

I've worked on a MBP for a couple of months. The keyboard was horrible and my productivity went down.

Oh dear. You just lost all credibility when you admitted to buying a HP product. Unluxor dude!

>models as early as 2009 still look relatively modern
>updated Gentoo still supports old 2009 era thinkpads
>updating reputably makes the system far faster
>dirt cheap
>trackpad and clit
You macfags have literally NO idea what you're missing out on.

Sure you do. Keep posting meme pics!
If you believe anything penned on that MBP you're a complete retard, especially the shit build quality lol

>Zero water resistance
Oh wow just like any other laptop on the market.

pic related doesn't look modern grandpa

what kind of weird autist writes in black marker on their laptop. Obviously some Dell/HP shill as pretty much all of those claims are clearly false.

>relatively

The state of mactoddler damage control.

I'd refute every point but I'd be wasting my time. I have work to do on my Mac, enjoy your lack of grapes foxfag.

>You just lost all credibility when you admitted to buying a HP product.
>Oh wow just like any other laptop on the market.

lmao
youtube.com/watch?v=dCj7KKqyOSo

this. Their ssds dont even have standard connectors, and the connectors can vary from model to model. Pointless (unless you want non servicablility as a feature from your disposable consumer grade hardware). Yu could just save yourself a load of hassle and get a normal computer like a normal person.

Own Thinkpad x220 and MBA 2011.
I think both great devices, but MBA for me is the winner in terms of comfyness, mobility and battery life.
Thinkpad is fucking strong ass nigga with can be poured with water, but at the cost of design, weight etc.

>folder merge
its not a bug its a feature

They're standard M2 drives on the early 2015.

they're shit but you gotta admit, they're comfy
mbpmid2012 here. Everything broken has been replaced, everything upgradable has been upgraded.
it's a good feel

The XPS uses less plastic than the MBP, retard. It's made of aluminum and carbon fiber.

>At least where i live there's a price difference of 1680€ between the 720€ Notebook Pro and the 2400€ MacBook Pro. A

I guarantee you there are substantial spec differences. Post both laptops

Both are the same shit.
Mac have slightly better case, Acer - slightly easier-to-work PCB

>dropping your laptop
>ever
are you literally a child?

That copypasta has literally been posted thousands of times (check the archives) and has been thoroughly debunked to the point of it being ridiculous. But it doesn't matter because shills will just keep posting it regardless.

too bad the 2017 models ditched the design in favor of becoming cancer.

>carbon fiber
>not plastic

>thinks accidents don't happen to adults

you're literally retarded.

>thinks accidents happen to sane adults
You're literally braindead

I have never dropped a laptop. My 60-year-old mother has never dropped a laptop. My kid hasn't even slightly damaged my laptop (yet.)
I don't think I know any normal, non-neurologically damaged adult who has ever dropped a laptop.

Still using a 2009 Dell Inspiron 1545. Upgraded the Celeron T3000 to a Dual core something for 10€ on ebay. Put a SSD on it. Running basic Windows stuff for Uni perfectly fine, just the DDR2 ram and shitty Intel whatever graphics make anything needing any performance whatsoever really shitty. But keyboard and trackpad work like new and feel well. Plastic gets softer, the fan gets louder sometimes, who even cares. It cost 400€ 8 years ago.

Honestly I prefer pic related. I have the white unibody 2010 macbook. Not the pro. It's honestly amazing that this thing still performs so well. Things open relatively instantly and I can still browse modern websites without any hassle.

Now compare that to whatever cheap chink plastic shit you fags have to buy because muh poverty. Get a laptop from 2010 and you'll be lucky if the wifi card even still works and the battery isn't complete shit. Not to mention you'll have to install Linux just to make it usable because Windows is shit for old hardware.

Back to the 2010 macbook. It has 8GB RAM. I originally planned on swapping out the drive for a SSD, but honestly it performs so fast, what's the point?

>overpriced, but in a fair manner - you don't get any advertising in the operating system that comes with the computer

Absolute state of mactoddlers. Btw, neither does my open source OS have any ads or telemetry. And I can inspect it myself if I want to.

I have the macbook pro 2016 model and thinkpad x230t. I prefer thinkpad with linux in every way and I am actually more productive on the thinkpad. I should sell the mbp in fact but no one's buying it for a fair price so I'll just keep on admiring it like Apple intended.