It's been almost 5 years and I still haven't seen anything that has even tried to dethrone this tablet in the same...

It's been almost 5 years and I still haven't seen anything that has even tried to dethrone this tablet in the same price range, if anything the competition has gotten worse. How is that even possible?

Tablet consumers are retarded or senior

>a challenger appears

I actually considered buying that a while back when it was released, but it was nearly impossible to find. How does it perform?

it's only lack is SoT, but it is superior in any way to the N7, except no LTE

t. N7 2013 32GB LTE owner

Fucking Nvidia has ceased production and cancelled the next model, so it looks like I'm never going to get this tablet;.

I would instabuy a Nexus 7-3 with 2018 hardware. I wouldn't give a fuck about its price.

blame the switch, there was a FCC (?) pass with the X1 chip.
try getting a used one
>but be vary of the OG aka pyro version

I had both and still have the Shield. They are different categories. Shield is bigger and like 2x heavier. Totally different feeling when you use them.

You have to buy the original Shield, not the shitty K1 without LTE and stylus.

hf, buying a used one that isn't a paperweight, or will get one once the seller used the recall replacement.

I'm actually using the recalled one. Sold the replacement one so I have it almost for free.

are you using that patch?

I bought the K1 in 2015, when it was fresh and has already gotten LP

I'm using Lineage. But it used to be possible just to install stock Android and remove the updater binary manually, no problem.

Is this the Nexus 7 Thread?

ah, makes sense.
I was under the impression you even had to fiddle wuth that on custom roms.

I hope nvidia releases the oreo update for the ShieldTV soon, i can't boot compiled 8.1, despite steel1 claiming he can boot it.
Not a fan of LOS.

People have fond memories of the Nexus 7 because there was nothing else like it at the time - no budget tablets with good hardware running stock Android, that is. The fact is it's been outstripped many times over the last few years, but because the android tablet market is pretty fragmented, no other tablets have achieved the same ubiquity. The tablet itself is actually overrated, having no memory card slot and unremarkable build quality.

You can get a brand new 64GB Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus, with 4GB RAM, for £200 british pounds. It has expandable memory, camera flash and fingerprint reader. That's cheaper than the N7 was when it was release and 8" is arguably the optimum size for a tablet.

>64GB Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus
It's a lot thicker than the N7

Nexus 7 2013 was £179 at launch wasn't it?

When (If) your touch &| accle &| gyro
stop working, take the case off, lay tablet on table screen down, apply small amount of thumb pressure (think 'mini cpr') in a cross pattern (h to w). quick fix, lasts [20hr] -> [20days]

Turn it off first.

Samsung Tab S 3
Apple iPad Pro
Nvidia Shield Tablet K1

The screen looks nice but it's really shitty for rhythm games, not to mention the ghost writing which I think is well documented. Also tends to not be responsive if it's too cold or too hot. Sometimes I just leave it running for a few hours and it absolutely shits the bed. Gotta turn it off and hope that fixed it.

Why get a 7" tablet when most phones are 6" now?

iPad Pro isn't in the same price range. Galaxy tab S2 was £230 winter 2015 and is still better than most tablets and the same price now

Poorfags need to leave

I bought 4 of these pieces of shit, and returned 3 of them, and keeping the one with the least amount of problems for my mom's gift. They all had that God awful touch screen grounding issue where they wouldn't work when laying the tablet down, 2 of them had awful light bleed, 1 had a screen burn mark. My Nexus 7 original has the screen lift issue, but at least everything worked, aside from the degrading Nvidia chip, and bad storage... Asus is fucking shit, too bad, the Nexus 7 2013 was/is a nice looking tablet.

Because the only Tablets that are worth any time are from Apple and even Apple is struggling to sell more.

If you take inflation into account, the price is almost identical.

If you want to read something get an e-reader, otherwise your phone will suffice.