This is making me sad

The greatest programmers are getting old
All these nu-coders are working mainly on useless apps.
spectrum.ieee.org/video/geek-life/profiles/ted-nelson-on-what-modern-programmers-can-learn-from-the-past

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mmfjM-SGlGs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Like we don't need many skilled carpenters anymore because most of that work is automated now, we won't need much programmers that create algorithms by hand in the future. Most applications will be procedurally generated. Most programmers will be replaced by operators of application generators or whatever they will be called.

enjoy your shallow reality run by mentally handicapped computers driven by machine learning buzzwords

Well, enjoy your reasonably priced and still good quality comfy chair created by robots, I guess?

You can't deny progression, grandpa.

Kiddie, they have been saying computer automation would be 'taking our jobs' for years. First started happening with self checkout at grocery stores.
You seriously over estimate how quickly society moves and adapts.
Now go drink your juice box somewhere else whippersnapper.

USA is now a service industry thanks to automation, something tells me you're a baby boomer and probably retired and eyes shut

Now you listen her sonny. Back in my day we had respect for our elders.
Kids these days just shit on us not realizing I fought in WWII killing nazis.
What are you doing? Fapping to trannies and being faggots.
Nothing can replace human labor, nothing.
Everything that is automated is repetitive simple tasks.
Now please kindly take your juice box and get the fuck off my lawn.

>Nothing can replace human labor,
>Everything that is automated is repetitive simple tasks.
So basically all human labor.

>greatest programmers
C era cucks cannot be considered programmers compared to modern competent programmers

kids know more these days

>Kids these days just shit on us not realizing I fought in WWII killing nazis.
Grandpa why did you doom the future by letting the bad guys win?

>kids know more these days

Did you seriously just say that?
Consider this. A packet of data traverses the atlantic ocean, half the continent from one host to another FASTER, than it takes you to open a shitty app on your phone.
Tell me again how coders these days are better?
They just copy and paste from stack overflow, without even looking at how the code works. They just make a big mess, hoping that it works.
People these days do not care about efficiency.
Every cuck wants to change the world of computing using JavaScript. FUCK.

it's hard to write inefficient code when all you have to do is loop through C arrays and do simple shit like that and have all the time in the world to write it

just the GUI part of modern apps is more complex than everything put together was before 2000's

The individual may not be more competent but the way we are exchanging data now makes the collective more intelligent. The fact we can make stuff work by just pasting from stack exchange is a prime example of this. We won't have to do this for long, machines will do this in a while.

This GUI part of an app is just a website. Only morons "program" a GUI nowadays.

what the fuck are you talking about? native apps need to be programmed, not everything is webshit

>We won't have to do this for long, machines will do this in a while.
that's a meme

there are theoretical limits to what deterministic computers can do and we're decades away from anything useful

youtube.com/watch?v=mmfjM-SGlGs

There are many more brilliant programmers than there were 30 years ago, it's just that per capita the number is smaller since the lower skilled jobs are vastly more visible and obscure the few geniuses who make up the bedrock. Given the holy trinity of women, non-asian minorities, and trans in tech, it's little surprise that the white and wast Asian programming gurus of 2018 aren't being celebrated or remembered like their predecessors.

This is boomerism, plain and simple. They don't recognize the modern world at allarge and are too timid to place blame where it is due, so they blame the young.

>Kids these days just shit on us not realizing I fought in WWII killing nazis.

I see you served your jewish masters well, also why did you faggots abused so carelessly of these planet resources, fucking faggot do you even know what permaculture is?

/thread
They are not called Cniles for nothing.

>precomposted thinking we owe him respect
you had the chance to clone Niklaus Wirth and let him do the necessary ground work, but noo, you just had to let those other "pioneers" ruin computing

all I saw was an unimportant rambling old man.

Honestly, I think there's really not much left to do programming wise, the "heavy lifting" has already been done. For the most part, nowadays it's just trivial stuff; you just leverage established technologies (scripting, coupling together existing systems, etc.).

This is the dumbest post on this board.

There are many millions of people working on new difficult shit as we speak.

bad bait

self aggrandizing old coot.