So, does your desktop also breaks every time there's an AMD driver update or it's just me?

So, does your desktop also breaks every time there's an AMD driver update or it's just me?

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=3467&cmp[]=3245
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just you.

AYYMD HAS NO DRIVERS

AMD drivers are great on linux.

Mine doesn't break, but whenever i try to manually update it fucks over my gpu and i have to reload a backup

Just you. Mine is working fine.

>every time
No, not Everytime. Closer to every third time, or so since 2012. Currently with the adrenaline drivers my GPU runs hot, and there isn't a way to underclock and undervolt outside of "gaming". So global settings will only work in games (but I don't play games, so there's no way for me to test if it's even true for that).

I swear, my computer works wonderful all the time, but as soon as AMD Crimson detects an update, even an optional one, the desktop breaks, the start menu won't appear, the bar won't disappear when going fullscreen, this new process I never saw before AMD ReLive Desktop overlay will always be on, rebooting the computer doesn't solve it, but updating the drivers does, is this something AMD does to force me to update even if I'm currently happy with the older drivers?

Try DDU, and reinstall drivers (also for nvidia).

Nope. Not a tech illiterate.
AMD is shit though, but for the price it's okay.

>isn't a way to underclock and undervolt outside of "gaming". So global settings will only work in games
Wat. Bullshit. You can undervolt and underclock lower p-states.

not sure if it's just you but it isn't me.

>Wat. Bullshit. You can undervolt and underclock lower p-states
Underclock/undervolt through radeon, and GPU still runs at highest possible clocks while watching a video.
At least the worthless GUI looks pretty now though.

Then why my rx 480 runs at 480mhz while watching video right fucking now? If you are a brainlet, stop blaming amd for it.

>Then why my rx 480 runs at 480mhz while watching video right fucking now? If you are a brainlet, stop blaming amd for it.
Because you're a lying sack of shit, and probably used a method outside of what amd provided with their drivers.

Nope, because i use Slackware and can choose what i use and install instead of installing anything and everything

I literally applied an update while playing Forza a week ago and nothing out of the ordinary happened.

Are you literally retarded?

>GPU still runs at highest possible clocks while watching a video.
Can confirm this to be true with HD 7970, and mpc-hc+madvr. Fan control works/sticks if you choose manual. Just keep fans at 100% while watching a movie.
>Wergs on my musheen

Stop mining in background.

Controlling these threads are easier on lebbit, because you could just down vote, and ban anyone that says amd drivers are still shit.

Sup Forums is such a pain sometimes.

>So, does your desktop also breaks every time there's an AMD driver update
Yep.
>or it's just me?
Newp it's everyone.

werks on my machine faggot

Not me.

Haven’t had any update problems since the one a year ago where the cursor corruption bug reappeared for a release or two on Polaris. No issues with any ReLive updates, but haven’t bothered trying Adrenalin yet.

Samefag

Are people just dumb with their drivers? I've never had any problem with any driver from any of my devices.

Like really I'm confused here.

>I've never had any problem with any driver from any of my devices.
Maybe you just haven't noticed, because you don't do anything of worth on a PC.

>you have problems you just don't notice them

I think i know my computer more than you do fuckface.

Have they unlocked all the Vega features from the white paper yet?

>I think i know my computer more than you do fuckface
Yes, because you're piece of shit computer is inherently different from everyone elses.

sudo pacman -Syu && reboot has never broken anything actually. AMD drivers just werk

Just you pal, I actually love updating my drivers now, thanks AMD.

I prefer sudo apt-get purge, and just using the open source drivers when on gnu/linux.
>AMD drivers just week
Lying bastard.

it's just you
git gud

>drivers work
>piece of shit computer

Just you it's a virus on your pc. I did mysteriously have firefox not work on my laptop once but then it went away I swear it was hacked and I'll never prove it.

works for me laddy

Use DDU.

Pretty easy.

Want to prove to the internet that your dick isn't 3inches too?

>AMD drivers made by AMD
>good
inb4 someone posts that 10 year old nvidia driver issue.

>Fury
Opinion on anything instantly discarded.

can you start using a trip so I can filter you?
please

Just try down voting my comments you unoriginal faggot.

Had a similar problem, i disabled the relivw overlay and i was ok.

I never request for software to do drivers checks also. I download manually when k encounter a problem if its gayming or general software related.

I have far more issues with windows updates.

What's wrong with the Fury?

Why are u so gay user?

Wasn't the fury a few hundred dollars more expensive than the 390x, but performed about the same?

I've been using a fx8350 since day one no issues. That been said I'm not going AMD next time around as I don't want to support street shitters

But Raja works at Intel now, user.

Never had an issue with their drivers and the new iteration is snappier than the old, although the new is becoming more bloated after every release. Thus the shitty cycle continues.
>have okay software
>change log looks smol, better add some shit
>bloatedcarcass.exe
>hey guis look at this new & improved, slimmed down versionings :DDDdddd
>change log looks smol
Ad nauseum

>Considering buying a Ryzen 3 because it's on the computer build general's list of decent parts for decent prices
>All these threads talking shit about AMD
I can't differentiate memes from reality
It's /fit/ all over again

sure buddy

haha had this today.

>install OC + fan utility for cpu because boredom
>restart
>USB ports with mouse and DAC stopped working
>holy shit what do i do
>reinstall chipset driver, asmedia usb driver and update to most recent bios
>everything works again

what a happy end

i cant start any linux distro without nomodeset - it's fucking garbage

haha this is true.. the indian filming group he was promoting via AMD should be left in the dirt too/ carried over to Pootel

this is either a meme or a unicorn case
i have never had amd driver issues and neither have any of my friends
to be honest we have had more issues with nvidia drivers in the past than amd

amdpro drivers literally don't work without nomodeset.

Oops, I mean that amdpro doesn't work without KMS.

Undervolting had been broken for my rx 480 since around version 17.11 or 17.10
It seems to had been fixed on the current 18.1.1 driver.

>sure buddy
I wonder what the current adrenaline bugs look like.

How about a combo with :
Fury + Ryzen7 + Win7 ?

What are you trying to prove here?

Does AMD still name their drivers the same as their GPUs? Can't simply delete all AMD entries in regedit and all AMD folders.

You don't need DDU with an AMD+Nvidia machine. Only required for AMD+AMD.

I just checked with an hd 7970 on most current optional driver, and
>Underclock/undervolt through radeon, and GPU still runs at highest possible clocks while watching a video.
happens.
Will be uninstalling card and reinstalling original (gtx 1060).

Sounds right :

videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=3467&cmp[]=3245

>How about a combo with :
>Fury + Ryzen7 + Win7 ?
Are you retarded? Like, really
You are very aware Ryzen wasn't made with W7 in mind and yet you use it, wow, and that DX12 gpu, way to have your components go to waste, what does it feel to know that you paid for something you can't never run at full power and someone with the same components that isn't retarded and has a system that isn't ten yo gets a lot better benchmarks?

I'm gonna buy the latest components but the core of them all is a shitty@0 yo system hurr durr

You can probably get the same exact performance with an old i5 and a 6950 card you retard, way to bottleneck your pc, congrats

>You are very aware Ryzen wasn't made with W7 in mind
Still werks on windows 7 since they tested it out initially on 7. The guide in the PC build thread works great.
>DX12
Is crap like DX10, Vulkan is superior and DX11 has become the most used proprietary crap from M$ aside from DX9.