If linux is so good, why does the linux foundation run macOS?

If linux is so good, why does the linux foundation run macOS?

Other urls found in this thread:

mrsatterly.com/openbsd_games.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XNU
opensource.apple.com
github.com/apple/darwin-xnu
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Foundation#Corporate_members
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the linux foundation is run by a bunch of fuckwits who dont actually care about linux

Zim is a microsoft implant

Linux is nothing more than a glorified text editor.

If macOS is so good, why does Apple run Linux on its servers?

Emacs/linux*

Because they're in it for some other reason. Some reason other than supporting your freedoms and the Free Software movement. Unlike the Linux Foundation, which supports a kernel that is compromised by Binary blobs.The Free Software Foundation and GNU do not promote the use of proprietary components or operating systems, and maintain a blob-free version of the Linux kernel. This is just another example of why "Open Source" is weaker than "Free Software."

/thread

Yes

cause linux still comparably suck for desktop...

Because both Linux and FreeBSD developer are sissies who run their respective OS inside a virtual machine in OS X.

OpenBSD developers are the only ones who are committed to using OpenBSD on their own desktops, because they want to improve it. This is why you can go to the Lenovo website, buy the latest ThinkPad, install OpenBSD and it will just work.

>OpenBSD for desktop
>top keked

Yes, unlike you Mister "I am too scared to eat my own soup, so I develop on a MAC". OpenBSD guys eat their own soup.

There is even a Gaming guide for OpenBSD, because sometime you want to play video games in your desktop machine, you know?

mrsatterly.com/openbsd_games.html

They tried but it didn't boot. Should've installed GNU instead.

Convince me to move from Debian stable to OpenBSD on my librebooted x200

I doubt they aren't running BSD

because is freer

Linux is shit once you start using REAL UNIX on a Mac

Do explain

Open source was a mistake.

this desu. And the flip of this would be "Apple computers are shit once you start using a hackintosh." which is also true.

It's just outdated BSD and GNU software with bloat and botnets added.

omg what a brown goddess xDDDD

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

It shows you the level of SJW infestation in the Linux community.

>SJW infestation in the Linux community
this, 10000000000 times this

if macOS is so good, why Apple runs windows?

XNU is the computer operating system kernel developed at Apple Inc. since December 1996 for use in the macOS operating system and released as free and open-source software as part of the Darwin operating system. It is also used as the kernel for the iOS, tvOS, and watchOS operating systems. XNU is an abbreviation of X is Not Unix.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XNU

it will work indeed but things like firefox will be very slow

>terminal bsd games

where can i download this darwin thing?

I don't understand why don't they just make a desktop OS if they want desktop use so bad ? Linux is good at things, just not being a desktop OS.

opensource.apple.com
github.com/apple/darwin-xnu

It's not freer

GPL is copyleft commie bullshit.
BSD is pure freedom minus you can't use the author's name for your own gain.

amen!

The linux foundation is a consortium of corporations looking to cash in on the linux gravy train. They don't walk the walk of freedom they are the parasites that the GPL was framed to tame. While it's nice that they fund some core Linux crew like Linus and some great projects, consider it as much as a lobbying control measure as it is a magnanimous gesture.

The corporate members are the same that have been keeping linux OFF the desktop for so long, take a look for yourself.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Foundation#Corporate_members

RMS is right and has always been right, trust RMS and the FSF. Follow the money when your members are Microsoft, HP, Dell, Adobe, Toshiba, Lenovo, Sony. If they really wanted Linux on the desktop they could make it happen tomorrow.

Nice job Sherlock, everyone already knows that the Linux foundation doesn't care about the Linux Desktop for the end user, Just like the GNOME developers (Red Hat employees) don't give a shit either. All of them are about the enterprise part. This is why they care about making GNOME minimal to maintain than adding vital features, like having a thumbnails in the file-picker.

>RMS is right and has always been right

You mean the fat communist prick who spent years harassing and falsely accusing the Ubuntu Project, you know the only ones that actually tried to build a viable Linux desktop for the end user?

Go fuck yourself, you stupid GNU zealot.

>yes and? You can play terminal games in all OS?? What are you trying to imply you stupid faggot, that those are the only games, because that's clearly no the case.

Pathetic.

>only interested in playing games that substitute for interactive movies

Go to bed, Richard

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post?

While RMS is known to be uncompromising, his unrelenting pressure on the popular distros has kept the thin end of the wedge from forming a crack in free software. While I understand that Canonical has commercial considerations, using their marketshare as leverage for monetization at the expense of freedom and privacy is not acceptable and without people like RMS not taking a step backwards, we'd see our freedoms eroded.

It's easy to discount RMS in today's world where free software is an ubiquitous commodity, easily taken for granted.

Kys

Learn how to greentext faggot