Noko

>Decides to finally dual boot Ubuntu alongside Windows
>Literally the shittest OS I have used

Why do you nerds kid yourselves? It's literally cancer.

Downloads nvidia driver -> cant change resolution

Constantly getting error messages

gg

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/377937/how-to-set-a-custom-resolution.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what the fuck does debian have anything do to with this?

also stop thinking like a winfag, if there's a problem actually try and fix it and not just sit on your ass and complain about it

I tried all of the internet suggested solutions. Been here for 6 hours trying to fix what should not even be an issue.

(It's one of the few images on a clean Ubuntu install)

I use Fedora with XFCE on my desktop and Windows 10 LTSB on my laptop. Works on my machines.

It's probably because I'm using a GTX 1080 and nvidia don't expect people with anything newer than a 700- series gpu to be running poorinux

> poorinux
Linux runs almost every server that is way more expensive than your computer, so no.

Maybe just don't buy hardware from a shitty company that doesn't support their products with good Linux drivers.

Try running nvidia-xconfig in terminal, and then do this askubuntu.com/questions/377937/how-to-set-a-custom-resolution.
t. person who can use google

Jesus fucking christ just download their driver from their website and execute in the terminal with ./NVIDIA-SOMETHING

> Nvidia does provide GNU/Linux drivers even though they aren't as good as AMD's

Sorry you need to type this

> sudo ./NVIDIA-DRIVER-NAME
and type your password
> Read the License agreement and click Accept or Deny
it's gonna load the drivers
> Reboot and enjoy your freedumbs

>gg
Nice, Linux pleb filter acting like it should

linux is for those too stupid to build their own windows image. what did you expect with linux, its made for free, no one puts in as much effort when they are not paid. hence its really shit compatibility etc.

xrandr doesnt work with nvidia drivers because nvidia devs have high functioning autism

>I downloaded proprietary software and it doesn't work so FLOSS software must suck!!!

The "logic" of some people.

This is such low quality bait I'm kind of embarrassed for you user.

>nvidia devs are too lazy to implement functioning drivers
>blame the kernel
?????
saged

its the truth.

>Debian
Theres your problem. Stop using distros that are utterly worthless garbage and you won't have this problem. You'll need the Nvidia drivers for any pascal gpu so use a distro that comes with proprietary drivers like Ubuntu. So it'll be one click to turn them on. For distros that aren't trash like Debian it's usually just copying and pasting a few commands into a terminal.

>noko

Oldfag detected

You should learn how to use it before installing it kiddo.

Debian is the new "install gentoo" meme, you fucking retard. KYS!

>fell for Sup Forums memes

It is Ubuntu that I have installed.

A live boot of to 'try' ubuntu works fine. But once its actually installed the resolution is locked at 720p

install arch

>noko is oldfag
Fuck off newfag

Where are you trying to change the resolution from?

>can't tell the subject field from the option field
>therefore he must be an oldfag with thousands of hours of experience in the site
if only I had some brainlet pics saved...