VPS Thread

>What are you hosting ?
>Where are you hosting ?
>Are you satisfied with your Provider ?

Is this an NSA data collection thread or what? Why are you making this thread three times a day every day for a week now?

Maybe the NSA worker reading this wants some privacy too

nope, just looking for some hosting recommendations

I have my own server

What are the best VPS that can be paid for anonymously with bitcoin/giftcards?

DigitalOcean's tutorials are really good. If I needed a VPS I'd probably go with them. As it is, I'm running my own server.

pic related?

>females on Sup Forums

>What are you hosting ?
Mainly a Gopher/Web server for personal projects

>Where are you hosting ?
Using OP's pic, really only because they have a centre in my city and people at uni mentioned it.

I just have the cheapest one and barely use any of their additional features, but there's never been any trouble yet, so yes.

$5 droplet ?

I hate how attractive I find goth type girls.

why is that ?

Same
(a couple of failed relationships with goths always make me think about them when I see one)

Yep, and it's almost overkill for what I use it for, but a little breathing room doesn't hurt.

>>What are you hosting ?
Websites, e-mail and a TeamSpeak server (on a $5 droplet)
>>Where are you hosting ?
OP's pic
>>Are you satisfied with your Provider ?
yes

how many slots on that teamspeak server ? any lags running all that at the same time ?

100 but I don't think I've ever had more then 25 on here. TeamSpeak server is super lightweight, currently using 2.46% cpu load with encryption enabled on all channels and 12 clients connected.
Never had any lag or other issues, just werks.

I have a scaleway and a time4vps vps, scaleway actually delivers a 100mbit speed where time4vps doesn't. Time4vps is dirt cheap though, if you have no need for performance, time4vps is pretty good budgetwise.
Scaleway is supposed to be insecure by default because before you first connect, there is no way to verify the server. I don't really care though.

a bunch of shitty websites for small companies
Godaddy basic VPS plan
yeah i don't really give a fuck my job is to get paid and not deal with bullshit, which it does fine.

Don't use cloud at cost whatever you do. They claim that you just pay once and get it for a lifetime but they started charging a "maintenance fee". Also they lost all my data once (luckily I had a backup).

Why would anyone use Digitalocean? You could get a VPS with double the ram and SSD storage and unlimited traffic for half the price.

Any recs?

Where ?

Surely user will come through.

>crypto exchange
>vpsFree.cz
>extremely

>What are you hosting ?
Go/OCaml/NodeJS applications. MySQL databases.

>Where are you hosting ?
Was Heroku, was Digitial Ocean, was Dream Compute, was AWS.

Now I host everything on a cluster of Raspberry Pis.

Yes. Due to Opam compile times I no longer use OCaml for new projects, though.

>What are you hosting ?
VPS for certain specialized apps. wordpress webhosting
>Where are you hosting ?
VPS at infinitelyvirtual.com. webhosting at blacknight.ie
yes. both are really fast and reliable. IV allows me to upload my own images to install any OS on the VPS any time.

Mumble for group, that's it. Everything else I keep at home in private.

>What are you hosting ?
Game servers, an OpenVPN server

>Where are you hosting ?
Some local VPS provider that allows free access to non-profit companies and students

Absolutley. Gigabit speed, 4 CPU cores and all for free. Can't complain in the slightest.

>What are you hosting ?
A bunch of websites in WordPress and some systems I developed in PHP with Postgres databases, all for customers of mine. Also my own company website.

>Where are you hosting ?
GigaTux and LYLIX

I'm quite happy, yeah. Having had unsatisfactory experiences with previous providers (namely BounceWeb and HostGator), I'm actually very satisfied with my current ones.

>What are you hosting ?
A bunch of websites in WordPress and some systems I developed in PHP with Postgres databases, all for customers of mine. Also my own company website.

>Where are you hosting ?
GigaTux and LYLIX

I'm quite happy, yeah. Having had unsatisfactory experiences with previous providers (namely BounceWeb and HostGator), I'm actually very satisfied with my current ones.

Nice try, CIA niggers.

IV doesn't have debian 8

Any experiences with Docker ?

What kind of experience are you looking for?
It's a container virtualization software.
It works.
What more is there to tell?

- mostly static content with videos on one, VPN server on another
- vscale.io (DigitalOcean Russian clone)
- yes

He asked about docker 7 specifically, clearly he wants to know what other peoples experiences are based on previous versions.

>What are you hosting ?
Game Servers
>Where are you hosting ?
Australia
Yes, because I copy/paste servers using google cloud trials that I have made with VCCs, then putting adverting on the servers, making me 1400$ a month.

You'd run Docker on a VPS.

It's good for deploying applications in different environments and not having to worry about the right packages or dependencies in that different environment. Docker is way better with an orchestration system like Kubernetes or Swarm, which create practically endless horizontal scaling ability as long as you engineer your application for it.

Hey, I'm that user.

kimsufi.com
It's not even a VPS, it's a barebone server.

What game?

moar or sauce please

not talking about VPSes, but this seems like the right crowd
I need a NAS for my house. I've got lots of dosh and don't really want to do any real administration (think months in between logging in with admin credentials). Still, I don't want a QNAP or Synology NAS because those are fuckin' expensive.

Here's the list of things I'd like:
Access it over the internet.
Power over Ethernet (and to be able to do this over the public internet)
Use it as a VPN endpoint.
Saturate the average 802.11n wifi connection. For large files, if small files are infeasible.
Store some amount exceeding 10TB. Perhaps up to 40TB at the highest.
An estimate as to the monthly power usage, assuming 24/7 operation

I leave underlying redundancy schemes, vibration dampening, etc. to you guys. This isn't my field.

I have a flexible budget of several thousand burger coupons (as I said, I have dosh), and think that this is probably a worthwhile build now that GPU prices are fucking insane.

Also, backups are not really necessary. I don't plan on storing anything that would hurt if I ever lost it, or anything that I couldn't simply get again.
I'm talking the TLMC, or database backups of weeaboo sites.
Anything remotely important has already been backed up the wazoo, either on physical copies or on multiple devices. Those don't take up much space.

>What are you hosting ?
plex, nginx, pfsense, saltstack, bunch of other shit

>Where are you hosting ?

on a dell poweredge t310 running proxmox

100% uptime so far

Blog and Misc. Server
Vultr for $2.50
Yes