GT 1030 X4. This is the only way to avoid the miner problem

The GTX 1030 is largely ignored by miners.

Each GT 1030 consumes only 30 watts of energy.

I gess they could put 4 of them on a single PCB without many problems.

Just let it have SLI enabled and voila.

This would give us a total of 1536 shading units. Which is almost what the GTX 1070 has.
8 gb of GDDR5, what the GTX 1070 has.

4 x 30 watts = 120 watts.

Not bad!

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2326-amd-nvidia-sli-directx-12-benchmark-explicit-multi-gpu
twitter.com/AnonBabble

just get a 1050ti low profile

And this wouldn't be anything impossible, as 4x was already done before.

But requires more space and motherboards

>But requires more space and motherboards

I mean on a single PCB. Just like the Voodoo 6000.

Just get Ryzen 2400G later

If you put them all of the same board, then it's still effectively a 1070.
Cryptoqueers will still buy them in droves.

>Cryptoqueers will still buy them in droves.
Why would they, if they are not buying now the GT 1030?

The 1030 is horrible. The 750ti from years ago beats it.

Do not support this low end crap. It's never worth it.

Video Loca 3d 2000

this

I'm a miner and I've been having trouble finding cards to mine lately, I guess I'll cash out some of my BTC and give this a spin

Because if a GPU is offered with 4 gtx1030s on it, and that offers similar performance to a gtx1070, then they'll fucking buy the 4x1030 cards too, especially if they're cheaper than an actual 1070.

Jesus fucking christ put that thing out of its misery already

It is not going to be anywhere near the 1070 with 64bit memory bandwidth.

GT 1030s are not very dense, if it takes 4 GT 1030s to equal a 1070 it would take 28 GT 1030s on a single system to be equal to a system just with 7 1070s, I'm not sure the maximum amount of cards you can have in a system but I figure you would easily run into issues trying to run 28 GPUs in 1 system

idiots on Sup Forums
>let put four novidia trash together and call it a day.
you don't even know that most novidia's products don't even have SLI capabilities.
SLI is obsolete in 10 series.

64bits x 4 = 256 bits.

Nvidia just have to do some magic with their drivers to make this gaming viable ONLY.

>not just burglarizing miners and having free cards
lmao

This. If GPU cryptomining continues to be popular, PC gaming will shift onto APUs.

I'd consider that if I knew where they lived.

It's half as fast as a GTX670, a card from 2012.

>Just let it have SLI enabled and voila.

Nvidia stopped supporting SLI on x60s and lower to increase the sales of x70s and higher. Probably because it was better in the 900 series to get a 960 first and SLI it later or just purchase a 980 outright.

Basically, you can't have SLI because of the x70 series cards.

4 fans instead of a shared heatpipe/heatsink and 2x120mm fan at low rpm is much lower power and way higher CFM

ayy lmao

The GT line is still alive?

>8 gb of GDDR5, what the GTX 1070 has.

ALSO: RAM doesn't stack in SLI, if you SLI 2 960s with 4gb RAM each you don't get 8gb total, you're still only working with 4gb.

nvidia does not give a fuck. They are making bank off miners

SLI doesn't scale perfectly, in some cases it's even worse

I though nvidia killed 4 way sli?

This.
>Please guys, don't buy our GPUs to mine coins
>But we'll still sell them to you in bulk
>Just don't resell them after they burn out after a week of continuous use
>And definitely don't write about it to anyone

The irony is that, given that SLI is obsolete, your quad-GPU card would only be good for mining.

>The irony is that, given that SLI is obsolete, your quad-GPU card would only be good for mining.

Hurr durr. What is explicit multi-GPU.
gamersnexus.net/game-bench/2326-amd-nvidia-sli-directx-12-benchmark-explicit-multi-gpu

Why not get a rx560 4gb

and then you can forget about expandability

thats 1 goddamn example.

>retard that doesn't know how board partners work
The only people making money off of inflated GPU prices are resellers. Almost every graphics card maker/board partner (EVGA, MSI, etc) are still selling the cards at or near MSRP when it hits 1st party sellers like Amazon or Newegg but it's only that price until the cards sell out from Amazon/Newegg and marketplace sellers begin to resell at the inflated price.
nVidia themselves are not getting much of a kickback from inflated GPU prices since they only make there money from selling GPUs to board partners which they are doing at there normal price and since those same board partners are not really ramping up production they are not buying more GPUs fron nvidia than they normally would at any normal time without the crypto boom

oof.
When I'm gaming, my hard drive hits 63° and my SSD hits 54°. Is this going to kill my drives?

Hey, here's an idea!
Since everyone is making ASIC resistant cryptos, why don't we make a GPU resistant crypto!

so we'll be stuck with SLI 2gb cards with 1536 cuda cores
This sounds fucking terrible

PETER LA ANGUILA

I think he killed his GF btw or something

As a miner myself..

Not my problem gaymen

There's one giant problem with your plan.
The 1030 has 2GB of VRAM and in SLI the VRAM is duplicated across the cards, so even with four you only effectively have 2GB of VRAM.
Even worse, in SLI you use more VRAM than a single card would.

So even if you could enable SLI the performance would be well below a 1060. Maybe you could match a 1050Ti in some cases.

Just order a card from overseas. The shipping and import is far less than the current markups.

>Not my short term problem

no

>as a miner myself
>posts a picture of probably the least efficient mining machine

Just invest in caskets for when a virus inevitably is released that wipes out the entirety of the cryptoscene.

>Maybe you could match a 1050Ti

Never, because the 64 bit bus would cripple the card horribly.

Its very ironic because the card would literally only be good for crypto mining and only on non memory heavy algos (no eth mining).

OP's idea is pretty horrible in every way.

Not even this works

I bought a 1050 Ti back in November. Right before the entire NVIDIA market came crashing down. At the time it cost me $175

I just checked the prices again (Amazon mexico) and they're between $200 and $250. The same price of a 1060 3gb. Fucking chinks managed to figure out how to order from amazon mexico and have completely dried all GPU reserves

Both faggot chinks and miners are effectively killing the industry. On top of everything there's the retarded normies wanting to get in on the "get rich fast" meme and are buying GPUs in droves no matter the brand or model.

Remember how miners were only using AMD GPUs becuase of the energy cost to profit ratio on NVIDIA GPUs? Those days are over

Beat me to it.

RAM does however, stack with DX12 multi GPU, but almost no games have that enabled even if they do have DX12 support.

user, if you have an Intel CPU, you already have an (extremely unbalanced) APU.

>This would give us a total of 1536 shading units. Which is almost what the GTX 1070 has.
>8 gb of GDDR5, what the GTX 1070 has.
That's not how SLI works at fucking all.

Its still 64 bit...... so..... no resolution beyond 640x480.

That's like $50,000 worth of cards, no way people are actually this retarded.

They're buying 1050 Tis to mine

You severely overestimate the capacity for intelligent thought that the people who are willing to invest their lives' savings on a dumb meme that could crash any second have.

Dude, they resold them. for a solid $200 each and in doing so were able to keep some amount of them for free.

Turns out, putting in the leg work pays off.

>willing to invest their lives' savings on a dumb meme that could crash any second

Wrong, they bought physical hardware that is the most current gen and WILL retain at least 75% of what they paid if crypto crashed.

>my 1060 6GB inflated $200 in a month because of miners
normally I would be happy to see my assets appreciate in value but fuck these crypto niggers for destroying the PC market

>75% of what they paid

Where are you getting this from? Currently a 1080Ti is selling at $1500 from any microcenter. If crypto crashes,there will be zero reason for retail price to remain that high, it will immediately go back to MSRP. Furthermore, since the crash will make it so that no one is buying up all stocks anymore the 1st party sellers like EVGA, MSI and such are going to keep selling at MSRP like they do now and the non miner consumer is just going to get from them instead of scalpers.

So these cryptoretards will be left with a used card that nobody will pay even $1000 for because they can just get a new one for MSRP. They'll be lucky if they get to keep %50 of what they paid for all that shit

Buddy, they paid MSRP at the time, which was between $750-850.

They'll easily be able to get at least 75% of their money back.

they did not but these at $1500 you dunce.

>8 GB

that's what they said about the 1060, and then later the 1050

classic voodoo 5 6000

>that's what they said about the 1060

No one ever said that. 1060's were always mining cards right from the start.

>and then later the 1050

In general you can find 1050ti's easy, its just that the entire GPU market has been going up in price. And it makes sense, a 1050ti is what most will buy if they cant get anything so makes sense to jack those up as well.

Though I do have 8 1050ti for mining, theyve paid themselves off and print free money so they are quite capable miners as well. Also more future proof than the 1060 3GB.

don't hate the player, hate the game, pussy

Enjoy earning $2 a day while your mother pays for $7 in electricity you literal mother fucker

>pays for $7 in electricity

So wrong. lol so very wrong.

Gpu mining is so profitable it really is like printing money.

Stay mad faggot. Im not that guy but I only pay 10 cents per KW hour and my GTX 1060's paid themselves off months ago.

you're part of the problem

>playing any game that needs anything more powerful than a single GT1030
It's like people play games for fucking shitty, overblown graphics that ensure that not a single bit of legitimate gameplay can find its way into the "game".

t. Monero CPU miner

>The GTX 1030 is largely ignored by miners.
GEE I FUCKING WONDER W H Y. Likely because it's a piece of low cost garbage that gives you exactly nothing.

It doesn't even support sli?

>He thinks the VRAM stacks in sli
>HE THINKS THE BUS STACKS IN SLI
>He thinks you can pull 4 way sli with this fucker to begin with
Do they even allow 2 way sli with this garbage?
Not to mention the fact that if some frankenstein beast would ever happen the miner would instantly go for it and it would solve absolutely nothing.