Firefox >= 59 to be GTK3 only

bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1278282

Gee, and they wonder why they can barely compete with Chrome on the largest market out there, namely Windows!

Also, Linux users can forget about filepicker thumbnails.

This is what happens when you let SJWs run amok and women run an organization.

Fuck Mozilla in the dick!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_Public_License
blog.vlad1.com/2008/05/06/well-isnt-that-qt/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

GTK2 is generally being phased out, no sense in supporting it indefinitely.

> the largest market out there, namely Windows!
Quite wrong. It's definitely Android by a vast margin. Windows is completely overshadowed by Android among personal OS'.

> Also, Linux users can forget about filepicker thumbnails.
Not any less possible with GTK3 than GTK2, FF just needs to care. Not that I care either.

Nigga, there's this thing called Qt (which supports Android too, btw).

It never was a QT-based browser though. All they're phasing out is GTK+2.

I guess you can imagine an alternative history where FF devs were KDE users and not GNOME users and used QT from 2 onwards and just decided to phase out QT4 now to use the current QT5... but that never happened here. So I'm not sure what you're complaining about.

>Cuckzilla
>(((Chrome)))

Not so much frying pan to fire as forest fire to volcano.

So what about it?

konqueror

> Reported:2 years ago

As much as I hate them Its like what ever I don't really give a fuck at this point.

So ur jerking chrome off? From google? The same people who confirmed that they where hiding results from conservatives.

Not very FF related. It's even in the KTHML/Webkit lineage of browsers rather than the Gecko lineage.

You'll find a bunch of other QT using browsers among the KTHML/Webkit lineage. They just usually have smaller user bases.

PS: The one Gecko-based QT powered browser that comes to mind is Otter. So there IS one. But you can get more on the Webkit side.

I have my suse patches for the filepicker.

And they didn't have the motivation to update them from the now pretty much definitely obsolete and deprecated GTK+2?

It's not exactly like anyone had to rush. GTK+3 was released in 2011, the transition period was long and gentle. If it wasn't done, there is just basically nobody that cares.

>Otter
>Gecko

Maybe I remembered wrong 'cause of the whole old Opera reimplementation thing. Was it Webkit-based?

At least it uses QT.

>still no QT

Enjoy your shit, firecucks.

Kek, only KDE is stupid enough to use a propietary toolkit, no wonder they are stuck in the irrelevance.

Good thing I use chromium (not chrome).

I already use GTK 3, I don't see the problem

It hasn't been proprietary for AGES

Based

it already has been GTK3 only for several versions though

It is a toolkit controlled by a single entity (Digia) that is a propietary company

what do you mean by proprietary company?

wat
It's free software under the GPLv3.

>complaining about SJWs while shilling for Chrome
Google is one of the most SJW companies out there

I haven't used them since a few weeks before they switched to quantum. Too many addons that I used had no suitable replacement. Went from FF exclusive to Waterfox primary, Brave backup.

Out of curiosity, I did just open it up. Their "New Tab" page looks god awful. I can't see myself going back.

source? genuinely curious

The problem wasn't that it was proprietary, you misinformed dumbass. It's that its license was GPL-incompatible.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Q_Public_License

You're obviously too new to know this.

What's the alternative? Does Brave not suck yet?

The Microsoft Windows 10 does not have this problem.

> Fuck Mozilla in the dick!
Interstellar music intensifies.

>It never was a QT-based browser though. All they're phasing out is GTK+2.

B-but muh sjw's!

blog.vlad1.com/2008/05/06/well-isnt-that-qt/

Raise your hand if this *actually* breaks anything for you and would force you to switch away. Cuz for now this just seems like your regularly scheduled Mozilla-bashing/sjws-ruin-everything thread.

*raises spork*

>Google isn't full of SJWs, or Microsoft for that matter
Republicans are a relative minority. Liberals are everywhere, this has very little to do with tech policies

He doesn't have one because it's fake.

qt is shit outside of kde dumbass

op is just a faggot
there was a minority that used self compiled gtk2

you can disable it (and completely from about config)

I used to but the use flag for that in gentoo at least disappeared in like version 52 I think?