Is there any Youtube players that act basically like a music player for your desktop?

Is there any Youtube players that act basically like a music player for your desktop?
I want to listen to videogames music at work without having to go to the website and having a big ass image of anime characters on my screen.

I used to use youtube-dl but it's kind of gay and it crashed sometimes, also didn't support playlists and I had to type too much to search for things.

Help me please g - technology.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/np1/mps
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's ymusic for android

I think you want mps:
github.com/np1/mps

PotPlayer can open YouTube links (videos and playlists), and I think you can selected audio-only stream.
PotPlayer is also the best media player in general.

Btw, youtube-dl support playlists

mpsyt
there's a no video option

But can you do searches inside of the player or do you actually need to go to youtube and copy paste links? if that's the case it's retarded.

I'll try this tomorrow but I think I can't install Python there. It looks like pretty much want.

I'm talking about Windows.

this

gib cara waifu

Firefox

also she looks heavy.

mpv+youtube-dl

wot? why can't you open it in a new window, setup your playlist, then minimize your window?? or put it in another desktop

>listening to music from YouTube, unironically
Sup Forums everybody

I use MPV.

>encoding chiptune to FLAC.

There is a stupid questions general. You should at least be smart enough to recognize that your question is stupid.

>youtube-dl
>crashing
>doesn't support playlists
>type more than you do normally
None of those are true, user-kun

disgusting Jewess

>videogames music

>he listens normie music

mps-youtube

>he listens to greasy neckbeard sounds

>mps
It's a nice idea but the site it uses to search is down. So it's useless now.

Anyone know why when I try to listen to something with mpsyt I get an error?
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/mpsyt", line 11, in
load_entry_point('mps-youtube==0.2.7.1', 'console_scripts', 'mpsyt')()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/mps_youtube/main.py", line 141, in main
if matchfunction(i.function, i.regex, userinput):
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/mps_youtube/main.py", line 64, in matchfunction
func(*matches)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/mps_youtube/commands/play.py", line 85, in play
play_range(songlist, shuffle, repeat, override)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/mps_youtube/player.py", line 41, in play_range
returncode = _playsong(song, override=override)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/mps_youtube/player.py", line 148, in _playsong
streams.get(song, force=failcount, callback=screen.writestatus)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/mps_youtube/streams.py", line 51, in get
p = util.get_pafy(vid, force=force, callback=callback)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/mps_youtube/util.py", line 201, in get_pafy
p = pafy.new(ytid, callback=callback_fn)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pafy/pafy.py", line 122, in new
return Pafy(url, basic, gdata, size, callback, ydl_opts)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pafy/backend_youtube_dl.py", line 29, in __init__
super(YtdlPafy, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pafy/backend_shared.py", line 95, in __init__
self._fetch_basic()
File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pafy/backend_youtube_dl.py", line 53, in _fetch_basic
self._category = self._ydl_info['categories'][0]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

it's just so effortless

I'd ask on the github page if you really cared. Open an issue asking what's wrong. Don't presume a bug.
And give them the full command line.

>I'd ask on the github page if you really cared
I did ask. Then I looked again at my log and found out I had too old of a version thanks to the shitty old Debian repos. So I installed it from their github.

>not using emulation-based sound plugins to play chiptune at the highest sample rate you can output