Strange package

Today I received a strange package from Walmart (pic related). Two items worth $1.48 each, Walmart claims its a gift and refuses to tell me who it is from. They did tell me, however, that it is not from any state where I have any acquaintances who might know my name and address. My guess it might be someone checking some leaked data, possibly with intent of identity theft.

What do?

Other urls found in this thread:

catvshuman.tumblr.com/archive
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

File a police report. The goods might have been bought with stolen cards that weren't discovered yet. You don't want the police to show up at your door once Tyrone orders a new iPhone.

It is an apartment complex in the NYC with a doorman, a very bad target from the "pick-up-from-someone-else's-door" scenario. Good point though, I probably should file a report anyway.

Exhibit 1: Barrilitos Tropical Punch soda. Crap.

Exhibit 2: Great Value Whole Peeled Tomatoes. At least one useful item.

Someone shipped something to the wrong address and this is your response dumbass?

they are botnets sent from the nsa

Welp, he knows my name and it's a gift.

Ah', i missed this part. Seems you got a troll. Luckily walmart's payment records will confirm who. That being said, not much is going to materialize by going into this further as its a gift after-all..

It's a gift because they cannot legally ask for it back when you receive an unsolicited package by accident.

Who would ship someone a soda and a can of tomatoes?

IDK about US legislature but I think you did your duty by trying to return it.

Walmart didn't cooperate, so basically whatever. Present this to your neighbour, use it, hand it to a local homeless person, ...

Why would they want to not be able to ask it back?
Duty is one thing, but I'm still concerned that someone I don't know knows my name and address and is willing to spend three bucks to check if it is correct.

>They did tell me, however, that it is not from any state where I have any acquaintances who might know my name and address.

So you're worried about these two random items in the post and not the fact that Walmart claim to know everyone you've ever met and where they all live?

Maybe...? But you can't secure your name & address.

That's not how it went. I don't have that many acquaintances and I just asked about every state I have an acquaintance in if the sender's billing address was there. All the answers were "no".
True, but it is fairly useless without any additional knowledge. Since someone went through the trouble of sending me this crap, he probably knows something else that makes this information useful. There is a possibility that there is someone who can extract value from tracking data (such as a transportation researcher of some kind) but I'd like to stay on the safe side.

he's gonna turn you into fruit punch and peeled tomatos nigga, better run.

someone wanting to validate identity info

Install Gentoo

Check out my Tumblr if you are into cat pictures

catvshuman.tumblr.com/archive

>willing to spend three bucks to check if it is correct.

Good thing you 100 100 100 confirmed it for them by shitting up gee with this horseshit.

gtfo

>Crap.
Uhm, no. It's a drink made with actual sugar; in some places of America it sells for up to $35.

I am sure in some places of America actual horse crap sells for up to and above $35 per pound.

Done!

Now install it on the can of tomatoes.

you are asking Sup Forums what to do with this ?
put it in your anus of course !
and post pics

Whatever you do hold onto the cardboard...the Nintendo sect followers pay exorbitant prices for it.

It is a message from the mexican cartels. They are going to punch you into fruit juice and peel your skin off.

>made in mexico

uh oh

What's the most vulnerable thing or activity at that address, other than yourself and your well-being? If you are not a notable person, have nothing vulnerable to theft, and don't possess any critical secrets, then improve your security system and think about it no more

Open the tomato can, it probably got coke disguised inside.

NSA agent thinks you've been a good goy

>useful
No. I know it's conserved but I'd probably not even touch that. Who knows what it's laced with.
Maybe someone is planting evidence. Maybe it's terrorism. Who the fuck knows.

Is a sub-dollar item really worth it?

Did you check all of your CC statements?

It's very common for people who have stolen your CC to run a "test purchase" to ensure the information is valid. They will then make a series of large purchases as soon as the test purchase goes through.

It is a genuine can of peeled tomatoes shipped from genuine Walmart. I doubt they lace a lot of their stuff.

That said, I'm keeping the tomatoes as a piece of evidence.

The most vulnerable thing is me and the most vulnerable activity is banking. I do handle some confidential corporate data as a part of my job, but I don't see how knowing my address would help anyone steal it. And it's not even that valuable.
I did. It wasn't purchased with any of my credit cards.

Your details have most likely been leaked somewhere. I suggest you start canceling your credit cards and file a police report for suspected identify theft/possible fraud.

What this guy said, but you need to move out immediately to be truly safe. Godspeed, user!

Contacted local police yesterday.
Thanks!

this guy is right. sometimes credit card thieves test out the stolen cards with something small and then cash out with a new iphone. i would file a police report.

> no civilized country does this
We're talking about US here

This is nice.

Rude!

Yeah I had my debit card stolen once. They picked up a musubi from a nearby 7/11 then bought a bunch of gift cards from a Walmart the town over.

>debit card
Don't use that shit. Credit cards are safer.

It was a long time ago before I could even fit in the deposit for a secured credit card into my budget. Local bank though, so I actually got my money back and real quick. Helps that I reported it so quick, I guess. Also, my credit score is now better than most Americans my age so they didn't ding me too bad.