When The Hell did HDD prices get so goddamn good gentoomen

When The Hell did HDD prices get so goddamn good gentoomen.

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16822145997
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Since everyone got obsessed with booting 0.008 seconds faster with m.2s

i mean you can buy it if you trust seagate with your data

SSD happened :^)

the spike in prices for the last few years was due to price fixing by the big manufactures, now that nat governments are formally looking into it the game's up

Huh isn't boot-time negligible between Sata3 SSD's and m.2's? If not, marketing is doing a damn good job nowadays.

Is WD really any better? Genuinely curious on this topic tho since my 1TB is finally catching up to capacity.

my WD drive failed before my seagate drive. get hitachi

Much appreciated user - it may be $20 more, but I'm willing to pay that much for a much more longer lasting drive than the other 2 options.

>$97.89 for HDD
>$116.79 for installation
kek

Hitachi is WD now.

That said, over thousands of stock systems I manage the failure rate on Seagate drives hasn't been much different than WD drives. And those that *do* fail, either do it way early under warranty or 10 years down the road.

That's 10 years of continual abuse.

We also started using the Iron Wolf 12TB drives recently in servers/desktops and so far its been a positive experience. Time will tell.

>this bait again

Hitagi (HGST) is WD, but the productions are separated, HGST is still the best

>Seagate

I haven't bought a hard drive for over 10 years now. I just extract them from Tivo boxes that people throw out all the time. Got around 50 500GB - 1TB drives for free this way. I'm swimming in so many hard drives I've started opening up the 500GB ones for magnets

Barracuda fails after a week, maybe that's why

>so goddamn good
How is that good

I'm looking into getting an 8TB HGST HDD or two with my tax return, which format should I choose?
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16822145997

Soygate

>being this much of a braindead corporate fanboy

my nigga this sculpture is some epic shxt and my eyes feel blessed for having seen it

you lucky bastard

Seagate and WD generally appear to be the same in consumer shit.
Seagate are just shit in general across all industries though, so steer clear.
Friends don't let friends buy Seagate.
I still have drives from the 90s that work while I have had 4 Seagate drives fail on me since 2005, and 1 Hitachi.

why the fuck do you want a 4tb hdd for in your home pc? just get decent internet connection

# fdisk -l
Disk /dev/sda: 149 GiB

full content of my home partition
>27 GB

I don't know how you guys do it

shut the fuck up fucking shill
seagates are fine

A while ago. I just picked up a 1TB WD MyPassport for $45 at the Best Buy near my house and it's pretty damn good. Over USB 3.0 it averages 120 MB/s write speed when I write stuff to it. Even when copying massive amounts of files it doesn't slow down at all. It's formatted NTFS, but so far I've copied around 50GB of stuff to it and it only took a couple minutes.

The speed increase with an SSD makes them more than worth it as the boot disk. I'd call you poor but you're really just stupid, since you can get decent 250GB SATA 3 SSDs for like $85 now.

Yeah, what the fuck is with this bullshit? What even is the installation? Do they send some guy to your house to hold your hand while he drags and drops files? Are normies seriously this fucking retarded?

Picked up some Toshiba drives. 1TB for $29.99. They are new OEM but they work. Time will tell how good these Toshiba drives are.

>muh cloud

Movies, TV shows, video games. Movies alone can take up >100GB with just 10-20 movies if you get halfway decent rips.

>HDD
>Not SSHD

silly desu

>I just extract them from Tivo boxes that people throw out all the time.
From where?

Fuck off NSA

>t. Google cloud services

Remove things you've already watched?

Sorry, I don't want to have to replace my drives every other month.