I kind of think they fucked up, it feels so rushed compared to the original Win

I kind of think they fucked up, it feels so rushed compared to the original Win.
It's bigger/bulkier, controller layout is worse and does not really have enough of a specs upgrade to justify it. It's cool and I was really waiting for it, but now it seems too ambitious, the technology just isn't' there or profitable for the price, so it's a half assed result to just make a profit.

It also looks like some toy device that would go hand in hand with the old Xbox. The original had a much cleaner look.
Still going to buy one after they release a revision if any bugs pop up because muh UMPC autism, but I'm so far disappointed, the Win seems to be the only device they got "right" after a few tries, the Pocket also seems cheap, I think they might get a better Pocket 2 though if they can keep the old design with a better keyboard, same size but with new guts.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ghe0LSDrVmA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jtos2G44gTQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The monitor leg?

are you retarded??? The first ones were the rushed shitty ones. look how many were defective and failed. even my mid 2017 production one had gpu issues. This new one is refined as ever. it literally has real hardware like core series cpu, stereo audio with proper case holes and proper vent holes. and m.2 slot for an actual ssd vs a shitty soldered emmc slow flash msmory drive of which required annoying fucking emmc drivers. list goes on for how it was upgraded and refined. display is hugely different too. the original gpd wins were the fuck ups, they even had to make a quick decision to use the speaker holes for cooling insteqs of audio when there was issues. Now the second iteration is much better. third if counting the 8700 and 8750 as separate versions.

isnt it a form of downs and or autism to recognize patterns or objects in places where they do not exist?

Can't read?
>Win seems to be the only device they got "right" after a few tries
Got my February revision unit for almost a year soon, works perfectly. Only issues I heard about it where from the early backers units.

>it literally has real hardware like core series cpu, stereo audio with proper case holes and proper vent holes. and m.2 slot for an actual ssd vs a shitty soldered emmc slow flash msmory drive of which required annoying fucking emmc drivers.
Yet you're not going to play recent gaymes on it, unless you force yourself. As a emulation device, the original Win was already good enough. You didn't even read the post, just got butthurt that someone does not have the same mindset as you?
Also, the GPD Win has imaginary hardware?

Honestly kinda looks like a cat tail

It's some ratard memeing
Lot of threads have random reposts with arrows

>does not really have enough of a specs upgrade to justify it
I was watching someone compare it the the original it had from 2 to 3x the performance of the original one i'm pretty sure thats worth it desu

It's actually up to twice as fast, best case scenario is that games that run at 30 FPS on the Win run at 60 FPS on the Win 2.

>muh umpc has real hardware
>I totally use it for stuff really!

I'll buy a GDP Win when it'll be able to play Dark Souls 3 720p 30+ consistent fps

Hopefully version 3 or 4

You will never be able to play "recent " AAA games on these retard, most indie games are better anyway.

but this can play GTA 5, previously version struggled. That a big improvement

The original Win ran it okay at 540p, I think the Win 2 should do it fine than. Wait for YouTube videos of people testing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jtos2G44gTQ
On the street fighter 4 bench mark the gpd win 1 got 65 fps average and the two had 180 average thats more than twice as good desu

I guess that's the point, it's bigger and clumsier for not doing "a lot" more. I think they are releasing them too fast, should have waited a few more years and make a nice units with good specs again, not just a slightly better one that's bigger.

But I understand why they do it, small company, lots of retards to milk, they need the income to continue making them and will probably release many more of them in the coming years.

Generic benchmarks give only a 90% speed increase though. Guess it's heavily game dependant too, most game benchmarks I've seen only get twice as much frame boost with the same settings.

That dude is horrible though, his Win (1) videos where very misinformative and fucked up a lot of peoples devices. I hope he has learned since and will make better videos about the Win 2.

I guess price is also a factor for some people, twice as good of a device for twice more, but in a few years, the hardware would cost next to nothing again.

I already did and it wasn't good at all, 20fps on action scenes which isn't worth it

Learn to configure and tweak your shit. I got 28 FPS in busy scenes, up to 45 and 60 max, okay with capped 30 FPS. So the Win 2 should be set fine for it.

I guess you're one of the tards who can't even get Dolphin to play GC perfectly and than complains online.

Utter fucking bullshit, I have a slightly better spec laptop that can't play DS3 well, Unless you post video proof your whole post has no validity. And no, playing at 240p Minecraft resolution is not playable