Cryptocurrencies crash yet GPUs are more expensive than ever

>cryptocurrencies crash yet GPUs are more expensive than ever
>nobody wants to expand production to meet demand
>Samsung, SK Hynix, and Micron colluding to price fix memory, memory is more expensive than ever
>nobody producing enough VRAM because they shifted production to DDR4
>nobody but Samsung trying to expand fabs and that wont happen for another year at minimum
>CPUs all focusing on the laptop market power efficiency rather than performance
>CPUs are architecturally flawed from a security standpoint, this problem wont be fixed for years as new architectures are released

This is the new normal

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487294
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>new
Nothing new besides yourself

Don't worry, the free market will fix it.

' derp guise i bought 16gb of ram because it was the same price as 8gb of ram derp'

you let the marketers know they could charge more. you deserve this.

>CPUs are architecturally flawed from a security standpoint, this problem wont be fixed

ever because it's intentional.

lmao

spbp

/thread

For GPUs, manufacturers have to order GPUs, which takes a few months, then there is manufacturing time, shipping time, etc.

GPUs are expensive now, because cryptowankers bought several months worth of supply.

Well they should make more reeee.

My 6 year old GPU is now 50$ cheaper...

A fucking rx 580 8Gb costing 700$ is retarded...

Do you really expect things to turn around just like that? Shitcoin is going through a decline, not a crash. Until it's actually worthless, nothing will change.

when will the prices drop ? i noticed a 40$ drop since few days on good cards , will the prices stay stable and high for a while and will it go down pretty soon (even if out of stock) ?
i'm asking this because i never experienced a stock and price crisis because of buttcoiners.

kek this is nothing , there was a gtx 1050 that went for 1000$ instead of 200-something.

Where? 1060 6gb was for 650$, how was teh 1050 1k??

>>CPUs are architecturally flawed from a security standpoint, this problem wont be fixed for years as new architectures are released
Except for AMD ;)

It took ~6 months for prices to stabilize, after the 2017 spike in prices/demand.

It also took ~2 months for prices to return after the 2013 spike... but that was a much more moderate spike.

>Well they should make more reeee.
and risk having too many cards in stock when buttcoin finally crashes.

here you go lad.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487294

the base price before was aroung 180$ and 139$ during special sales.

>when
Already has. Value has drop to nearly half of what it was at the height of the mania.

I cannot believe my eyes. what in the actual fuck.

omg , 6 whole months Oo !

Probably. You may enjoy seeing this for the next 6 months.

it was around 19 000 in December i think and it's around 11 000 now , so retards think they can actually make money off this when it will stop crashing and go up again but they forgot to use their brains , mining BTC like an amateur will get you no money , you need a big farm to be able to gain any money and there's something around 1000 people that control 40% of the buttcoins fucking lol.

the EVGA gtx 1060 6gb is staying not far from it's base price (of 275 euros) in France , it goes from 279 to 289 and it's at 299 today but it goes down from time to time , i'll try to get one at 279 euros (i'll have to wait until they restock though).
i should have bought during the black friday , it was only 250 back then.

You forget something important: Normies pay no attention to logic.

It goes like:
>Oh hey, have you heard? If you have a Gurphicals Cards, you can make Bitecoins!
>Bitecoins? What is a Bitecoins?
>I do not really know, but I read that Bitecoins used to be, like, $100, then they went to, like $6000!!!!
>OMG! I have to buy a Galapegos Cards right away, so I can get me some Bitecoins!!! $6000, you say? Then I am willing to pay ANY price below $6000 to buy those $$$-making Gopnik Cards!!!!!! Because if I can get my just one Bitecoin, I will win the price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gutenberg Cards selling stores, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

btw , do you know if irl stores raised the GPU's prices too ? because at that point i might just take my car and go find a 1060 anywhere if the price isn't too bad , even a founders edition.

Sorry user, but I only follow e-tailers. I believe you can check prices at microcentre, if there is one close by.

It's a temporary supply shortage for two reasons:
They didn't have enough and they intentionally didn't have enough.
The GPU makers didn't foresee mining becoming a "normie" activity, so it's not their fault that gamers got fucked over by it.

VRAM chips were limited by the fact that Samsung , SK Hynix and Micron know their market. They knew that smartphones, GPU, SSDs and RAM production is up thanks to normie use, enterprise demand, and of course, miners. In economics, once they get within their typical profit margins again, they'll have production back to a level that supports the demand. It's just a temporary spike of greed, but it's still fucking greed.

tl;dr RAM makers are currently coasting to make a huge profit, then everything will go back to normal.

>mfw I cashed my 7 shitcoins at 18k and went out of the fake money train with a new house

Tonight, on things that didn't happen...

>new house for 126k

lmao what shit hole do you live in

100k is enough for a decent 1 person apartment
Yet it was 136k, I just used most of the buttkoin money for it
I got them in the ages you mined them with a fucking CPU so they was basically free

lost my shit at Gutenberg

Most people don't pay for the entire house up front.

>tfw talking to the credit guy at work about cryptomining and that I sold my rx580 at profit and will just endure no gpu for awhile.
>tfw he gifts me a 7850 1gb and a gtx 670 2gb.

Thanks bruh.

Spectre

DELET

Don't buy a reference nvidia card (founders edition)
I made that mistake and the shit is a house fire

Shut up tripfag

...isn't that bad

got it , not that i could anyway , i checked since my last post and stores near me only have 1070/1080 or 1050 and they're not even cheap :-(

Not as bad as the architectural vulnerability of Intel chips

New cards aren’t being made right now because it’s a Chinese holiday. Not to mention Volta is coming soon, so I don’t think prices will stabilize for a few months if the currency doesn’t crash.

>>CPUs all focusing on the laptop market power efficiency rather than performance
Fine by me...

Crypto hasn't crashed yet. Retards will continue to mine GPU until the ASIC resistant cryptos die.

Expanding to meet production at this stage would harm them later. The current demand is not stable, and rides the volatility of crypto. When crypto pops, the market will also be flooded with GPUs.

I highly doubt the current american administration is going to do anything about it. Maybe EU.

Intel and AMD are focusing on efficiency because of ARM. ARM will eventually catch up to x86 in performance, this is inevitable, especially with the use of lightweight mobile OSes like iOS and the upcoming Fuchsia. They are using what little headstart they have left to try and catch up in efficiency while maintaining performance, which is the only strategy they can use on x86.

x86 will die, that is an inevitability. But when is the question, x86 will remain in use for decades on enterprise and financial systems. I believe the next push (no idea when however) will be Apple pushing ARM on their laptops. Binary compatibility will likely be handled via a translation server running over OSFMK, with recompilation of apps for (then) currently supported software. This assumes Apple doesn't destroy their prosumer user base first.