Gamepad discussion

I'm not totally sure if this is strictly Sup Forums territory but whatever I'm looking for a gamepad to use for PC. What are some good ones?

I've narrowed it down to this logitech f710 because it's cheap, uses the Playstation layout and has a toggle for xinput/directinput.

Should I get it? Is there a better controller?

I've also been eyeing the Steam controller but find the touchpad buttons to be weird.

Xbox 360/xbone wired or wireless.

Just werks on everything.

I have a wired 360 controller and after a decade it still works flawlessly. I did take out the rumblers though, made it significantly lighter.

layout is second rate to PS

also no directinput. you can't use dpad on older games like you should be doing naturally and forces you to use thumbsticks.

360 controller master race. Wireless with the AA batteries specifically.

Why not just use a Dualshock?

710 has stiff triggers, iffy wireless and ms broke the xbox360 driver so you need to manually install it via device manager

opinions on the floating dpad are divided, you either love it or hate it

>opinions on the floating dpad are divided, you either love it or hate it
More like you hate it or you tolerate it.

PS4 controller. There's no need to continue fucking around, user.

it sounds like you want a ps4 controller, so just get one of those.

I've got that. I use it to play New Vegas on my laptop. I also got it for the ps3 dualshock layout I was used to.

It's okay. Not as good as the duelshock. It's bigger, because it needs room for the batteries. WiFi signal was bad at first, then I pulled out my wireless mouse usb antenna and realised that it was interfering with the game pad signal. The usb antenna plug the controller comes with has an extender cable that will let you put it further away from your pc if WiFi is a problem.

I like it overall. It does what I want for a reasonable price. I'd go with a ps4 controller if I wanted to emulate the duelshock feel better, but this is adequate.

The ps4 pad can't play older games and it has no wireless means of connection to a pc.

>no wireless means of connection to a pc.
bluetooth, i pair my ds4 to my laptop all the time

>The ps4 pad can't play older games
You can map it as you like on Steam
>it has no wireless means of connection to a pc
buy a bluetooth dongle

Pictured is goat

>better controller
You should probably ask Sup Forums.
They're likely to have much more experience. I don't think it's sensible to oppose gaming peripheral choices on Sup Forums.

true

Get a DS4/Xbone/Switch Pro, whichever one you prefer.
Don't bother with third party controllers.

they don't have directinput toggles

Either a standard DS4 or a Xbone controller.
In terms of quality and comfort, the DS4 is better, in terms on just werks and good enough, the Xbone is okay.

I have both, I guess just try them both and see what fits best in your hands.

>ask shit on Sup Forums
All you get is shitposts and dumb arguments.

Get a Microsoft Sidewinder

Xbone and Dualshock 4 are both solid choices, you'll probably need to get a USB Bluetooth dongle for the latter though.
Also maybe look into the Switch Pro controller, I haven't used one myself yet but if you can live without analog triggers, it may be a really good choice.

F310 is the most slim and ergonomic genuine-class controller. Wired and has no rumblepack but that is a feature for me.

>genuine-class

Are you a marketer?

360/xbone/ps4, whichever you can get your hands on cheapest

No, a years long owner and abuser of two f310s that work flawlessly. Don't buy chinkshit, seriously. You will regret it as soon as you move an analog stick

the only good controller is the dualshock
you can find alright imitations of it on any chink site
>never buying logytec again

>Posting the shittiest version

>no rumblepack but that is a feature for me.
>not having this thing that can be turned on/off optionally is a feature
lol

Neither of those statements are correct.

>having a fat waste of space make a contained electric shock remind you when you have fucked up
Aninal.

It's not a waste of space. It fits in the DS3 just fine.

I have the exact same gamepad and the only thing I didn't like about it is the huge battery compartment at the back that juts out.

>I've also been eyeing the Steam controller but find the touchpad buttons to be weird.
You'll get used to it, it's now my favourite controller.

f310 would've been perfect if it had rumble

Had a xbox 360 wired controller that from 2006 and was used just up until recently a year or two ago and was replaced with a xbox one controller. the Xbox 360 controller pretty much worked with every game that had gamepad support so yes it does have directinput support I assume the xbox one will too I just haven't played anything that didn't already have xinput support

>need to manually install it via device manager
you also have to push the power button on your machine.

No, the DS3's grip stick are at a sharper angle so its face comes out forwards. You can tell when you try to claw grip it for dark souls or such.

You can get a DS4 w/ PC dongle for 40 bucks if you watch for sales. I got 3 from Best Buy the last time tthey had a sale.

I have 2 as well, it's perfect. It works with PPSSPP on my phone as well. Rumble and Wireless are the only things missing though, for me personally it's not a big deal.

ds4 with ds4windows.

Can use the touchpad, the motion sensors, use touchpad buttons as extra buttons, use as a xinput gamepad or use mouse/keyboard bindings....

Can you use the touchpad to control the mouse cursor in Windows? I don't even want to use it for games, but for a HTPC.

yes, you can even do gestures

Cool, thanks

I had a controller like this once. The thumbsticks feel like absolute shit. Not smooth at all. Just use an xbox controller seriously

natec genesis p65
Aside the light led issue. It's pretty great and cheap gamepad

I use a 360 controller too but the D-pad is honestly trash. I haven't tried it but the Xbone's looks better.

>chink xbox360 gamepad went to shit, forced to downgrade even further to a generic chink xbox360 gamepad
>turns out it wasn't actually a complete downgrade because the right analog stick's input turns into the face button's input whenever i press the button on the center
Handiest shit ever desu, although being forced to use x360ce sucks.

Should've paid $40 in the first place for a real xbox gamepad....

The only right answer ITT

just get a ds4, man
best fucking controller i've used since the ds3